• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Anyone think it's time for another server merge? (1 Viewer)

Ryzon

RedCents
410¢
My guild is dead. Pickup groups are hard to find. Even on weekends Pok is vacant. Mabye it's just my server (Tunare) but I find myself playing WoW just to kill time (Now that there's some decent hacks lol)..

druzzil seems fairly decent, not like years ago, but i can get a pickup group easily and many many guilds on server, although maybe its just druzzil thats like this (doubt that)

Brell / CT Doubled in size when they merged, and they havent really gone down much. Can get a group pretty much day or night.

Prexus seems to be fine. We've got Clan Ta`Veren, Nameless Order, Planar Destruction, Loyal Rebellion, Coup d'Etat, Talionis, Stasis, Reavers of Fate, Dawntreaders, Unity, Clan nan Dreolan, and Shining Alliance in an active raiding / GoD+ level. Of those, CTV, NO, PD, LR, Coup, Tali, Stasis, Unity, RoF, and I think CnD are are an Anguish+ level, all but RoF and Coup have beaten Vish and are working PoR / DPoB progression, and CTV/NO/Unity are DPoB+ in progression.

Last edited:
Luclin is doing alright... We have our top end guilds like Township Rebellion, Cestus Dei, The Circle of Eternity, Day of Reckoning, Chaos Justice, Sheep, Kratos, Only the Brave... Those are guilds that are in Anguish as of now, and most of them are Demi-plane or breaking Demi. All have beaten Vish, and are at Queen Sendaii or Demi-plane

But groups have always been a bitch unless you're in a high end guild.

When I played on Xegony for the short time I did, I found that it was a rather booming server where there were always LFG, and the guilds there were doing strong. For the past 2 months on Luclin, the applicants have been kinda scarce, but now with winter rolling it, there are 5 new apps in the past week. It's good to see a jump in numbers.

I always make my own group instead of haveing the LFG tag up all day. Its 10x faster usually than waiting for someone to get you. (unless you are a clr or high end war)

I play a cleric and my wife plays a tank Never have problems finding a group. I wouldn't want to be a DPS LFG though.

it also depends on your guild tag, if your in my guild you get tells constantly if your not in an xp, zone, and sometimes if you are (bard, cler)

Groups aren't hard to come by on my server and actually... the last 2 or 3 times I've logged in outside of raid times or on free days I've been immediately invited to a frostcrypt or vald group as soon as I said "hi" in guild chat. lol... the people doing the inviting don't even tell me where they are grouping anymore... they just invite, and I go pull. 'nuff said.

solar said:
I wouldn't want to be a DPS LFG though.
So true. With the way the missions are set up now you have to have certain classes to complete them. This is a bad thing for sony i think. People that have worked so hard on their characters are finding that they are becoming obsolete. And starting over just isnt in the cards for alot of peeps, so they quit. (What happened to a RL friend of mine playing a ranger)

CLR(healer),SK(best tank IMO),ROG(DPS),BST(Slower, DPS,back up tank if things go wrong),BRD(puller, mezer, and tank also),NEC(can fd, rez if shiz hits the fan, good DPS, can kite to)

This is my dream group that decimates all. Some say ench in place of bst, but no dps and the insane regen makes C a not so needed buff anymore. And they cant take a hit with the way new mobs hit.

The only change i would make is maybe the ROG for a MAG or WIZ, but i havent parsed them out to see if DPS is more over long periods of time.

zazoot said:
paladin > sk
Pallys are nice but they need to switch targets to heal themselves, SKs just keep on attacking and heal. And when my macros assist sometimes it will get my pally as target(cause he is healing to help cleric during rough mobs) and it will make reaction time slower. And has led to wipe. Will that happen often? nope, but it can and has. But that is my preference.

Not to mention the sk can easily hold aggro on multiple mobs and generate far more hate/sec than a paladin. If I had to choose between the 2 it would be SK all the way.

My Chanter has no problem getting groups. She is known very well thruout the server. My Druid on the other hand will /lfg for hours. Its just my opinion and I love my Druid. I think they great until lvl 60 or so and then their value drops quickly. They arnt even close to a Cleric as far as healing goes and their DPS is not nearly enough for the highend stuff.

Anyone think it's time for another server merge?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back