• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tech - Anyone on Vista 64? (1 Viewer)

RedBema

A Bema that is Red
RedCents
121¢
Anyone else on this OS? I am having memory issues I believe when I game and I am contemplating on exchanging my memory for a different brand.

Currently I hace 4 gigis of Patriot memory, any suggestions on what may work better?

These are the limits for 64bit Windows (vista):
Windows Vista Ultimate 128 GB
Windows Vista Enterprise 128 GB
Windows Vista Business 128 GB
Windows Vista Home Premium 16 GB
Windows Vista Home Basic 8 GB

Maby get more gigs ?!

I heard that Patriot memory is really good, but there could be something better will look around and see..

- decker

These are the limits for 64bit Windows (vista):
Windows Vista Ultimate 128 GB
Windows Vista Enterprise 128 GB
Windows Vista Business 128 GB
Windows Vista Home Premium 16 GB
Windows Vista Home Basic 8 GB

Maby get more gigs ?!

I heard that Patriot memory is really good, but there could be something better will look around and see..

- decker

Yeah, definitely go with the 128GB of RAM. You'd have enough to support your system for about 20 more years. =p

and with only 4 slots for ram that makes it having to be.... 4x32GB sticks of ram.... Wish I could have that much memory

Im running:

OS X 10.5 with parallels 3.0 installed running a Vista Ultimate. I uses 2GB and runs ok. My only problem is that I really dont like windows but I use it for model changes and testing stuff for this website (nothing else)

- decker

It's going to usually be more of a motherboard to RAM support issue, not OS to RAM.

Look up your motherboards RAM compatibility and see if yours is on there. If not, you might want to change it out.

I'd say get rid of Vista, but that's just from my experience. It seems to have the same memory leak problem that ME had, only 10x worse.

My problems with computers in general... None that I've ever used/made run fast enough that I'm trying to keep up with them. It tends to be more of me waiting for the computer to keep up with what I'm trying to do and its annoying. Have had that problem with macs, linux, and windows. :)

I'm with Decker - get a mac. :)

Why would you ever get a mac? Because you don't know how to build your own PC and swap parts? Seriously, PC = win for gamers, because you can constantly upgrade bit by bit between rebuilds. Keeps you at the front edge performance wise without requiring a full purchase every 10-12 months. Macs are simply too expensive and will go out of range of new games too quickly to be worth it.

This is old-world PC thinking.... Macs (not the lappys, but the towers) are fully upgradeable these days.

This is old-world PC thinking.... Macs (not the lappys, but the towers) are fully upgradeable these days.

With any old PCI-E vid cards? Any old RAM?

And back up to the OP -- SP1 just came out... have you installed that yet?

Tech - Anyone on Vista 64?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back