• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Anyone keep two sets of gear? One prestige and one non prestige? (1 Viewer)

pepsipepsi

RedCents
1,066¢
Curious if anyone thinks this is worth the effort to do on at least my shaman and bard.

Alternatively I could just only use non prestige armor and then swap out the augs back and forth, but that can get pricey too.

They are 120 with max AAs. T1 gear itself is not much worse than T2. It's the lack of good augs that is rough.

Currently silver, but planning to go gold closer to when expansion releases. Tank is gold.

They are 120 with max AAs. T1 gear itself is not much worse than T2. It's the lack of good augs that is rough.

Currently silver, but planning to go gold closer to when expansion releases. Tank is gold.
Some t1 is really nice gear. The Dar whatever over 900 damage and better stats than the T2 Shaman choices. Some of the options for Berserker Rogue and BST T1 are exceptional as well. i'm fully subbed and use them. I have Spectral T2 on a Few that need it. Tank, Bow etc.

When you said two sets of gear it reminded me of a different time when we needed at least 3 sets of gear. You had your gear. A set of corpse recovery gear in the bank and a set of stat gear for raids. I think I miss that until my one set of toons under 120 wipes repeatedly in EW before I can even get to a spot to go Hunter Tank.

why keep 2 sets of gear now adays .. just have your toons where non-prestige T1 gear and put whatever augs you want in the gear .. if they revert back to silver or F2P the gear will still be good just the augs wont be . so your gear will be purple but you'll still get the stats from the gear.. no need to remove the augs unless you just dont like seeing the color purple ..

why keep 2 sets of gear now adays .. just have your toons where non-prestige T1 gear and put whatever augs you want in the gear .. if they revert back to silver or F2P the gear will still be good just the augs wont be . so your gear will be purple but you'll still get the stats from the gear.. no need to remove the augs unless you just dont like seeing the color purple ..

Wow I did not know the purple gear (aug prestige, gear not prestige) still gave you the stats of the gear. That is 100% the way to go for me then.

Last edited:
My struggle with that is letting ores go to waste… so I’ll get full FTP and if I get an extra ore I send to one of my guys. But the time I know it, I have close to a till set of tier 3 armor too…

Question - Anyone keep two sets of gear? One prestige and one non prestige?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back