• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Anyone have problems with EQ launcher getting stuck? (1 Viewer)

there is no cpuaffinity any more

it is now coreclient and they are defaulted to -1, as they should be

dbg_some_time_ago said:
- Renamed the "CPUAffinity" setting to "ClientCore" in the eqclient.ini file. The new default has been set to "-1" which allows the client to run on any and multiple cores. Setting a number other than the default will still force the client to run on a specific core.

I had this issue for a while on one machine then it righted itself so idk the issue. That machine was running 2 accounts in full screen while my others are windowed, but that didn't change. I kept closing and reopening the launcher when that happened bc it was acting like the account I wanted to load was already in, though only the other was. That's why it closes on it's own after a bit.

It's possible I let a Windows update through that fixed it as I don't have them blocked on those machines, could try that, or switching to windowed if you're full screen. Why? Idk, but only factors that varied from my others.

I had this issue for a while on one machine then it righted itself so idk the issue. That machine was running 2 accounts in full screen while my others are windowed, but that didn't change. I kept closing and reopening the launcher when that happened bc it was acting like the account I wanted to load was already in, though only the other was. That's why it closes on it's own after a bit.

It's possible I let a Windows update through that fixed it as I don't have them blocked on those machines, could try that, or switching to windowed if you're full screen. Why? Idk, but only factors that varied from my others.
I'm running 12 accounts. What was weird though is the the account giving me problems would load just fine from another EQ install location. So, it has to be something from it's regular parent folder causing the hang up. No idea what though and can't find any log that could shed some light on it.

Problem - Anyone have problems with EQ launcher getting stuck?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back