• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - anyone have a problem with Language. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RedCents
1,947¢
i have been gaming late so i dont get a ban and well i realized one character was in a different language happen on the group leader but had something i believe to do with the map stuff or something logged out and back in fixed it but came back once i gave leader back and opened map again.

Well, he is having problems with language so it must be carrying over to here :)

I actually understand what he is saying. The leader of his group was in a different language. For some reason it appeared to be map related. So he logged out and when he logged back it everything was ok but when he gave that character the leader role and opened the map it bugged it again and went to a different language

i have been gaming late so i dont get a ban and well i realized one character was in a different language happen on the group leader but had something i believe to do with the map stuff or something logged out and back in fixed it but came back once i gave leader back and opened map again.

Can you give us an /ex output? It will take 8 hours to generate, might as well sleep during this time. Come back and we'll try again.

I actually understand what he is saying. The leader of his group was in a different language. For some reason it appeared to be map related. So he logged out and when he logged back it everything was ok but when he gave that character the leader role and opened the map it bugged it again and went to a different language
Must be a monkey thing
😂

to funny no I was gaming and one of my free accounts I made leader well I went to look at the character and all the names and text was in Chinese symbols and all, idk what happened but it would do it if I was leader in the group along with opening the map all the names was in this text as well its nuts I was not sleep deprived.

The English language is an amazing thing but OMG it does require punctuation and grammar. I am assuming that English is not Monkeyman618's first language.
Here is the AI translation.

"Too funny!

No, I was gaming and one of my free accounts, I made leader. Well, I went to look at the character and all the names and text were in Chinese symbols and all.
I don't know what happened, but it would do it if I was leader in the group, along with opening the map. All the names were in this text as well. It's nuts!

I was not sleep deprived."

I've never seen Chinese characters in chat. Do you have Chinese localization installed on this PC, or multiple languages installed?

The other thing that may be happening - Your character has very poor language skills - and somehow you have the language set on that character to Elder Dragon or is he currently drunk? If you post a screen shot of the text we might be able to sort it out.
I dont know of any plugins that might be swapping your language settings - but I guess its possible.

The English language is an amazing thing but OMG it does require punctuation and grammar. I am assuming that English is not Monkeyman618's first language.
Here is the AI translation.

"Too funny!

No, I was gaming and one of my free accounts, I made leader. Well, I went to look at the character and all the names and text were in Chinese symbols and all.
I don't know what happened, but it would do it if I was leader in the group, along with opening the map. All the names were in this text as well. It's nuts!

I was not sleep deprived."

I've never seen Chinese characters in chat. Do you have Chinese localization installed on this PC, or multiple languages installed?

The other thing that may be happening - Your character has very poor language skills - and somehow you have the language set on that character to Elder Dragon or is he currently drunk? If you post a screen shot of the text we might be able to sort it out.
I dont know of any plugins that might be swapping your language settings - but I guess its possible.
Curiously, both their text and yours corrected by the AI, when I translate them through Google Translate into my language, are exactly the same.
Sometimes the language is an obstacle and translators need years of improvement.

Greetings.

When I read the OP I had to say to myself. "Dude take a breath".

And I don't mind foul language at all, been using it all my life. After all I grew up in a time where the word "fuck" was discussed openly by George Carlin saying how it was such a wonderful descriptive word. Do any of you remember "We are gonna fuck you now sheriff"? It is worth listening to. Blast from the past lol.

Vrak

Question - anyone have a problem with Language.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back