• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Anyone have a Nostromo Speedpad? (1 Viewer)

tsguy

RedCents
Any use one of these? And if so what setup do you use? Have any macro's or anything linked to MQ2?

I have one. I used it for autofire arrows before they implemented /auto and I used it before I knew about MQ2. Having used both, the functions available from MQ2 itself for keypresses, macros, etc... render the speedpad worthless. Mine sits on the floor now. There are keysets you can load up for many games, you just have to google for them and it comes with a utility to make your own keysets which is not to terribly difficult to do.

Cheers,
Melon

I basically cant play without mine. But I use it as a game pad and not some super cheating device. Movement, cycle targets, last target, run, sit, inv, potion1 and 2, and a few other combo commands but nothing special. I also play on a laptop so it makes it alot easier for me then messing with the keyboard.

I agree as a cheating device it is junk if you use mq2 but like the other poster said I cannot play eq without it now. First of all it is 1000 times more comfortable to rest my hands on mouse and nostromo, I move better in game and cycle targets with it, switch screens while 6 boxxing, map, invnetory, auto attack, sit/stand, jump, potion belt ect all with the speed pad. I can go through an entire raid without touching the keyboard except to type and fell lost without it.

Agree. I have a n52 and really don't like playing without it. Prior to many of the EQ upgrades (melody, autofire) I use to use it for those functions. Now I use it as a better way than the keyboard. Since it holds 4 shift sets, I have the first set to my hotkey bank 1, second to hotkey 2, etc. That leaves 4 more keys, the wheel, tophat, and the big orange button.

BOB set to attack,
bottom 4 keys for things I do all the time while pulling (like "U" to open doors),
tophat = NPC cycle, PC cycle, Target self, and one to my Ventrilo PTT.
wheel = just set like my mouse so I can pan back from there too.

But then I normally play using either the mouse movement, or num-pad for movement, so this lets me click things faster on screen while I'm still scooting somewhere.

I too have a N52, however my use was for forage lol with MQ2 I have no need for it any more. Though I also used it so Language lessons & fishing. I hear it is a must for bards (without MQ2) and other such types. But I can only speak for myself at this point.

I used very basic 3-4 line macros like the in game hotbutton for auto forage, pause, autoinventory. but used the repeat untill button is depressed mode.

my 2cp

Anyone have a Nostromo Speedpad?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back