• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Bans - Anyone Else On Phiningel logon to find themselves banned? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCasey83

RedCents
50¢
I never purchased or did business with Tectonic but logged on today to find my accounts banned. I have never used 3rd party software or exploits etc. I have purchased characters from other sellers on this site but that is the extent. One of the accounts that was banned has been mine from creation.

Anyone else in this same boat? At this point I'm struggling to even figure out why I was banned as I received zero communication from DBG. I submitted an appeal and gave them my logs as I have nothing to hide as well.

I'm wondering if anyone else is in this same boat? Is it a Redguides wide issue? My accounts were fine yesterday and then today all 3 are locked.

I'm not on a TLP, but now I'm concerned my crew on live might end up banned.

All my accounts are now saying they require two-step verification to log in, and prompt me to answer my secret question on the DBG site. When I do, it just gives me an error. Ive never used any kind of 3rd party programs. Seems like they are trying to do some sort of mass cleanup for anyone associated with redguides. Not sure how they are getting the info to connect all the right people to all the right IP addresses, but theyre being thorough.

All my accounts are now saying they require two-step verification to log in, and prompt me to answer my secret question on the DBG site. When I do, it just gives me an error. Ive never used any kind of 3rd party programs. Seems like they are trying to do some sort of mass cleanup for anyone associated with redguides. Not sure how they are getting the info to connect all the right people to all the right IP addresses, but theyre being thorough.

wow that is so far fetch crap that I have ever heard of. They are not doing that they have put verification on accounts for months. If you login with the bypass it does not require it.

wow that is so far fetch crap that I have ever heard of. They are not doing that they have put verification on accounts for months. If you login with the bypass it does not require it.

Explain the timing then? I've been playing almost daily for the past two months, and have not encountered this with any of my accounts until 48 hours after being caught up in the Tecnotic banwave. I'm not saying I was targeted specifically, but clearly my accounts or my IP has been flagged, and not just the account Tecnotic had access to.

My only point is that they are cracking down on any unwanted activity in several different ways. Don't know how you can refute that given recent events.

It doesn't seem too far fetched to assume the following:

1. Tecnotic logs in or creates your account ... The account is now associated with his IP.
2. Tecnotic's issues mean your account gets banned with his because of the IP association.
3. DBG looks at all accounts ever associated with Tecnotic and bans them.
4. DBG then looks at all the IPs of accounts banned and bans the other IPs.
5. Your account that was never worked by Tecnotic is now banned.

What we know:

Some TLP users are banned.
Some used MQ2.
Some did not use MQ2.
Many engaged in RMT.

What I'd like to know:

Did any MQ2 users on TLP NOT get banned?
Did anyone get banned who did NOT engage in RMT (the buying/selling of eq items/accounts/powerleveling) this year?

edit: several people have replied to me in PM. It appears this ban is RMT related, rather than MQ2 related.

Last edited:
I am not sure if this means anything or not, I originally came to this website to purchase a Kronos, but instead just bought the one off the DBG website. HOWEVER when I logged in the next day my account was banned for fraudulent activity... Could they be monitoring web traffic to this website if you have it up in the background?

I am not sure if this means anything or not, I originally came to this website to purchase a Kronos, but instead just bought the one off the DBG website. HOWEVER when I logged in the next day my account was banned for fraudulent activity... Could they be monitoring web traffic to this website if you have it up in the background?
I waslooking at their EULA this morning and dont recall anything about visiting certain webpages is not allowed...

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

They're not monitoring web traffic.

I waslooking at their EULA this morning and dont recall anything about visiting certain webpages is not allowed...

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Even if it was it wouldn't be enforceable.

Thank you

- - - Updated - - -

I never purchased or did business with Tectonic but logged on today to find my accounts banned. I have never used 3rd party software or exploits etc. I have purchased characters from other sellers on this site but that is the extent. One of the accounts that was banned has been mine from creation.

Anyone else in this same boat? At this point I'm struggling to even figure out why I was banned as I received zero communication from DBG. I submitted an appeal and gave them my logs as I have nothing to hide as well.

I'm wondering if anyone else is in this same boat? Is it a Redguides wide issue? My accounts were fine yesterday and then today all 3 are locked.

I petioned about my missing krono's and they said they were reported stolen so they were taken, I asked my buyer who went back to who he bought them from, who had extensive business with Tecnotic.... But not only did they take the 20 I bought they took all 43 of mine on that account....

The extent of damage and financial loss this tecnotic person caused isn't even known or done happening, this happened just yesterday, more bans and more damage is still coming out, and its going to start getting into the tens of thousands, I already know one person who lost 2000$ worth of accounts due to him. I have tried to PM him and ask what are you going to do and he just responded "i have customers who lost way more than you, you are not my concern"

Thank you

- - - Updated - - -

I petioned about my missing krono's and they said they were reported stolen so they were taken, I asked my buyer who went back to who he bought them from, who had extensive business with Tecnotic.... But not only did they take the 20 I bought they took all 43 of mine on that account....

The extent of damage and financial loss this tecnotic person caused isn't even known or done happening, this happened just yesterday, more bans and more damage is still coming out, and its going to start getting into the tens of thousands, I already know one person who lost 2000$ worth of accounts due to him. I have tried to PM him and ask what are you going to do and he just responded "i have customers who lost way more than you, you are not my concern"

is he under any obligation to do anything? I'm sure he's just cutting his losses and moving on....

really really sucks for all the trickle down and people screwed =\

is he under any obligation to do anything? I'm sure he's just cutting his losses and moving on....

really really sucks for all the trickle down and people screwed =\

not really these guys engaged in RMT there is a risk involved. The only people hes responsible for are the people who paid for PLing and got banned while he was doing it.

Man he needs to pay for the characters being pl'ed

I lost those characters, + my 3 personal accounts but this guy cant even play for the service he was providing

Anyone able to get t heir toons reinstated? Like the ones that were not pled by tecnotonic but banned anyways

Thank you

- - - Updated - - -

I would like to point out to all the "The Sky Is Falling" people that the issue seems to not be that he was boxing but that he used a stolen credit card or chargeback to get Kronos! So yeah, a guy who used a stolen credit card is NOT planning on making anything good to anyone! When something bad happens, be calm (after your head explodes and you run around your house for 2 hours ranting like a meth addict marooned on a desert island) and collect facts. From what I can tell Tec's whole gameplan was to scam, he had 1-3 months until the kronos were reported and his gig was up but he maximized the damage he could do in that time. Selling whatever he could to fill his paypal and moved it off before anyone could complain. World has a few scumbags in it, this guy is OBVIOUSLY one of them. But the DBG Sky is not falling, they just cleaned up some scummery..... sorry if you got any of it on you...

- - - Updated - - -

oh and here is the thing I DONT understand about TLP.... if you want to TLP experience and you are paying shitloads of money for a +2 short sword.... why not play on a live server, buy yourself a heroic and every time you want that +2 short sword have your 85 go get it FOR you. Discipline yourself and play your slow ass progression but have the option of an 85 to go get you whatever you want and box to your hearts content..... I mean really, you all wanted this TLP experience then the 1st thing you do is start paying to get the end game shit. Really I see no difference.... just my 2 cents...

Bans - Anyone Else On Phiningel logon to find themselves banned?
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back