• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Anyone else have Circle Problems? (1 Viewer)

Jinx

RedCents
I have been using moveutils and target mac in the same spot in the same zone for well over a year now never any problems.

Now in the last few weeks I just can't keep my bard alive. He seems to run off for no reason what so ever then mobs kill him. I run 2 characters on this pc using wineq and usually run it while mimimized to the task bar. I can see him running on my other pc and sometime he will last hours others 10 min or so.

Anyone else see this happening now or any suggestions? Maybe just lag but that is wierd since it has worked so well for so long.

Try Defragging and then run a spyware scan on your computer. It sounds like you're lagging up due to more resources being used. Also try turning down some of the graphics in EQ.

Jinx said:
I have been using moveutils and target mac in the same spot in the same zone for well over a year now never any problems.

Now in the last few weeks I just can't keep my bard alive. He seems to run off for no reason what so ever then mobs kill him. I run 2 characters on this pc using wineq and usually run it while mimimized to the task bar. I can see him running on my other pc and sometime he will last hours others 10 min or so.

Anyone else see this happening now or any suggestions? Maybe just lag but that is wierd since it has worked so well for so long.
The one question I have is are you doing the circle with everquest in the background? If so, I've personally noticed that moveutils for some strange reason doesn't work very well in the background. It overshoots things, moves slower than normal, etc. Just wish I had a way to fix that.

no idea if this has anything to do with anything but i noticed that my FPS goes from the 50's to about 10 when i put eq in the backround. Doesn't mess things up too much when just circling but when using drunken circle it can make your circle a lot bigger than you want.

That might be the problem, since OnPulse iirc is based off of your fps and Circle/stick, etc use onpulse to check where you are and do something about it

I've had alot of the same problems with circle too. I find that the circle becomes too large and i run slower when the window is in the background. Especially in Vxed it makes me get stuck and die quite fast. Wish there was a way to fix it, I dont like having to leave my second computer on just because i cant run it in the background on my main.

Druid, there's no need for that. You can reset the plugin without reloading it by just doing the "/circle off" command, then re-entering your circle command. I know that it's a small thing, but it's a tiny bit faster, and a bit more memory efficient in the long run.

siddin said:
The one question I have is are you doing the circle with everquest in the background? If so, I've personally noticed that moveutils for some strange reason doesn't work very well in the background. It overshoots things, moves slower than normal, etc. Just wish I had a way to fix that.

God, I have been trying to come up with a fix for the FPS difference in the background for a long time. If anyone knows of a way to keep it the same, please share it.

Anyone else have Circle Problems?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back