• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Any tip for a 6box (2 All access + 1 F2) ? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
40¢
Hello guys,

I would like to have any clue about a 6box i'd like to do.
It would be composed of 3 accounts (2 all access + 1 F2) and then 3 mercs.
I was thinking about that :
Paid accounts : SK / Shaman
F2P Account : Bard or enc
Merc = cleric / dps / tank

Any ideas ?

pepsi isn't wrong. Generally speaking you would have a tank, a healer, and CC. Though I'd argue that you'd want some real DPS in your group instead of mercs.

If you've never run a full crew of 6 boxes, it can seem intimidating. However, if you dive in at the beginning, you will likely be glad later.

You can pick any three ftp dps to add to your sk/shm/cc and let them run /rgmercs and the three dps will be much much better than the eq provided mercs.

Note that you will eventually need to buy at least 1 krono for the autogrant AA. It's worth it for how much better the real toons are compared to the built-in mercs in my opinion.

If you've never run a full crew of 6 boxes, it can seem intimidating. However, if you dive in at the beginning, you will likely be glad later.

You can pick any three ftp dps to add to your sk/shm/cc and let them run /rgmercs and the three dps will be much much better than the eq provided mercs.

Note that you will eventually need to buy at least 1 krono for the autogrant AA. It's worth it for how much better the real toons are compared to the built-in mercs in my opinion.
I don't disagree. I added 1 toon at a time to my team and it was quite annoying stopping the main group to go back and level each one as they were added. Then redo all the aug camps again, and hunter kills, etc.

Now without too much information there's possibly a reason for the limit of 3 toons and that is relaxed truebox where only 3 is an option for the user. In which case, /shrug

I don't disagree. I added 1 toon at a time to my team and it was quite annoying stopping the main group to go back and level each one as they were added. Then redo all the aug camps again, and hunter kills, etc.

Now without too much information there's possibly a reason for the limit of 3 toons and that is relaxed truebox where only 3 is an option for the user. In which case, /shrug
Yeah. I forget about the limits on the tlp as I don't spend much time on any of them. :shrug:

I came back to the game when EoK was released and I also started with 3 toons + 3 mercs. While the content was doable I quickly added a 4th toon to my crew as mercs are very limited and just that extra toon made a big difference.

The next expansions I ramped up to 6 toons as MQ2 meant that a full crew took very little extra effort over a 3 or 4 man crew except as others have mentioned it was annoying having to level up the new toons and I would have preferred that they all started at the same time.

If you are not interested in adding additional toons then I would have SK/Shaman as my gold accounts and then add a 3rd toon for CC. The 3 mercs could be just 3 dps and you can swap in a cleric merc when you need extra healing although I find that a proper geared/AAd SK and Shaman able to manage any content.

On my home server I run 3 accounts with tank merc, healer merc and rogue merc.

My main, Ranger has the healer. Enchanter has the tank. And those are Paid accounts. The third gets a krono now and then and runs either a beastlord or shaman or necro with rogue merc.

The tank and healer merc can carry you a long way in the game and since you are going to run a healer merc then you would not need to run the shaman as paid (if your using it as the healer) and could run the chanter or bard as paid.

I play differently since I do not like playing tank types like warrior/sk etc or using pets to tank and prefer to have the merc do it. I also do not like playing healers so again merc fits the spot on that.

Keep the rogue dps merc on the F2P.

Discussion - Any tip for a 6box (2 All access + 1 F2) ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back