• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Any recent bans because of Plat trades? (1 Viewer)

Aisch

RedCents
Hi RedGuide Community,

is DBG actively hunting for plat trades in live Servers or are those trades relatively safe?

Sincerely :)

Are those Trades safe or are the always actively hunting? :D
If you do a large plat trade, with nothing in return, to a character that you have never interacted with before, you're going to set off alarm bells. They are actively looking for these things and they know who is just xfering stuff between alts vs who looks like a plat seller.

If you do a large plat trade, with nothing in return, to a character that you have never interacted with before, you're going to set off alarm bells. They are actively looking for these things and they know who is just xfering stuff between alts vs who looks like a plat seller.

What do you consider as a large mount of plat? And is a full trade window of random t1 items Nothing in return?

RMT is permanent ban.

AFK is 7 day suspension, sometimes 14 day for first warning. They are still checking this during the "work at home" times.

I would say overall it's still about the same safety as always to RMT, which is never 100%. You can check the forums or Discord on ectunnel too.

What do you consider as a large mount of plat? And is a full trade window of random t1 items Nothing in return?
All I know is that they have scripts looking for suspicious activity. It's all automated, they don't have GMs sifting through this stuff. And if the algorithm flags you as suspicious, one or both accounts could get popped with an automatic ban. People trading millions of plat with literally empty trade windows looks suspicious. T1 items in return doesn't look so suspicious, you just found a sucker who over pays. Accounts with level 1 characters who have lots of time played and tons of plat, but never seem to get any xp, ever. Suspicious.

I'm just saying tread carefully. They absolutely are looking for RMT and will issue bans. I can't tell you definitively what is "safe" or not. Just be smart.

I was popped with a ban in eq2 because I was giving stuff away to rl friends without anything in return. It translated over to EQ1 and I had to fight with teeth and nail to get them to reinstate my accounts. So yes, they watch you.

I had a couple accounts pop up wanting a phone number recently. I added it, and then the next day 2 more wanted it. I had traded ~10 kronos to one of the accounts that wanted it on the first day, from one of the accounts that ended up requiring it the next day - so it seems to be Krono trading triggered it (even among my own guys). With that in mind - I'd say they absolutely have scripts watching - presumably if it thinks you are up to something it requires a phone number, and then a GM investigates you. If he determines it's not between your own characters he then bans the account.

Last edited:
Question - Any recent bans because of Plat trades?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back