• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Any new mmorpgs's to keep an eye out in 2024? (1 Viewer)

aspire2008

RedCents
2,825¢
Are there any good mmo's coming out in 2024 that are similar to EQ (not linear like WoW, i.e. you gotta figure shit out)? Missing EQ, but not planning on coming back at this time, but looking for something new start a new journey on.

I know Pantheon has been in development for almost 8 years now, but I doubt that game will be released till 2027 at the rate the dev team is going, anything else out there to try or keep an eye out on?

Not that I'm aware of sadly. MMO's are generally driven by corporate greed at this point and that means putting them on rails and having microtransactions everywhere. We'll not see a good open world again in a new one for quite a while. Current paradigm needs to fail financially first.

Also, Pantheon lost a LOT of credibility last year and I don't think they're going to recover.

The two mmorpgs that I have my eye on for when they might release are ashes of creation and monsters & memories the 2nd one being almost clone of classic eq made partly by ex eq dev

IRL - Any new mmorpgs's to keep an eye out in 2024?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back