• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

answer machine for GM? (1 Viewer)

Balroak

RedCents
Hi all, Im buzzing around the world atm, so no EQ for me. Which probably saved my accounts from being banned. Been popping in and out of here to read about the latest news and I was wondering something.
Firstly though, wanted to say I hope everyone is well and life is treating you good.
Ok enough slop down to my question.
AFK Macroing and being caught.
So a GM popps into FH or something, see's you kiting like crazy and sends you a tell but no reply comes.
The GM thinks hmmm, he's Macroing, where is my Ban pencil to write down his/her name.
So is it very stupid of me to ask why none of the Macro wizards here have not come up with a macro to answer tells from a GM with a prescribed responce?

GM Pencilneck tells you "Hello I am GM Pencilneck how are you today?"
You tell GM Pencilneck "Fine but really busy, what do you want?"
GM Pencilneck tells you "We are looking for people cheating and using MQ2"
You tell GM pencilneck "Oh one sec, the phone on my desk is ringing, can't talk now this might be my doctor."
GM Pencilneck tells you "No worries be safe."
You tell GM Pencilneck "Laters."

I mean how hard could that be?

I know its not going to be perfect but the GM's I've spoken too aren't rocket scientists, I just figured that they would have to give you the benefit of the doubt if you responded to them.
I don't usually talk in depth with GM's but I figured out that if I want to get rid of them I just ask them if its ok for them to summon me a magic dagger or something and they usually say no very firmly and run for the door.

Anyway thats it, just was passing the net cafe and wanted to say HI.

Be safe all.

Balroak

the problem is this.......GM's will also look for things like that I am sure. So if he sends you the tells again out of curiousity and gets the same responses that fast, he will know. Maybe if you ended up with a very large option of responses that will randomize you might have a chance at pulling it off. Also, if you are running in circles, that takes at least one hand to hold down the buttons to run in that circle(if you can claim you are not using macro). How then, will you be able to respond so quickly while you are doing that? Only way that will work is if the macro pauses on the tell so it looks like you are taking the time to respond. When that happens, if you are kiting, say nightie night and hope the GM will rez you LOL.

I saw someone on the MQ2 forums talk about writing a MQ2Alice plugin.
A.L.I.C.E. (Artificial Linguistic Internet Computer Entity) is a bot that tries to respond like a human chatter.

I don't think they ever got started on it, I might be wrong though.. Thought I saw something called MQ2Alice on these boards, might see if I can find it again. Would be a cool plugin though

Just a random FYI. You can kite hands free without macros if you auto circle. Just hold down forward and left/right then hit numlock.

Maybe we can make MQ2Alice a reality. We could get folks in the forums to start coming up with various phrases that you could use to respond back to a GM. Make the responses come out after a random delay with a minimum return time (Respond 20sec to 2min later, for example). Then, we could make the responses go in a specific chain, such that the conversation will make sense; just make the opening response to the chain random.

I think its doable and could be a fun community project.

/afk Doing the triple threat (Kiting, Calling a 900 Number and, well, take a guess what the third part is) - I have my tells/guild/chat channel windows minimized, so if this is a GM, just /summon me and I'll know to respond

Add a check in the macro for being summoned that /q's you. What are they going to say? "YOU DIDNT CRASH YOU LIAR, I KNOW WHAT YOUR SPECS ARE!"

Ya, I know about the numlock after starting circle, but problem I found with that is sometimes the circle is too small depending on the mob's aggro range. There are alot of areas that I never have a prob with it, but sometimes they continue to beat on me while I circle the default size from numlock.

What TP said is sort of the safest/easiest bet....for sure. Plus it would only take 3 minutes to code...but I forget the code for if chattext ='s something...but you would just set it equal to "You have been summoned!"

Putting up afk is the fastest way to get noticed in my opinion.
My bard has run for 3 months straight and i have never had a tell from a gm or another player that I did not know.

I would not advise using any kind of afk message while kiting. I would instead set up an event like so

Rich (BB code):
#event GMTells "#*#tells you,#*# GM #*#"
#event GMTells "#*#tells you,#*# Guide #*#"
#event GMTells "#*#tells you,#*# gamemaster #*#"
#event GMTells "#*#tells you,#*# Game Master #*#"
#event GMTells "#*#tells you,#*# Customer Service #*#"
#event GMTells "#*#tells you,#*# CSR #*#"

This will notice any person telling you any of the above. the only bad side to this is if a friend sends you a tell about gm's, even after you telling them you haven't worked the bugs out, and not to say anything about gm's to you... *cough populous*

Rich (BB code):
Sub Event_GMTells
  /delay 10s
  /r sec getting beat down
  /return
  /delay 5s
  /r damnit.....
  /return  
  /q
 /return

*shrug*

looks a hell of a lot better than the same afk message over and over, making the gm zone in with you to check on you, and you /q'ing anyhow.
I mean seriously I would rather they thought I was getting my ass kicked and crashed uppon respawn, as opposed to them getting a generic message and zoning in and making you /q. which is rather obvious. You can change the return tell chat every time you come back and had been /q'd, to keep it original-ish in case they see you again.

Last edited:
How about just keep doing the GM check and camp when ever the GM is in the zone. Then put up /afk I'm in a DZ with my tell window minimized because I HATE people so leave me the F*CK alone.

I KNOW .. stupid question...

BUT um .. Sub GMCheck has you quit before they can even send you a tell .. so .. um .. why not use it .. and keep you toons safe?

/q and a death is much better than anything we could try to think of ...

there is no "Trying to foll a GM" with tells or AFK messages ....

yes... i would assume that if that same GM popped in on you in FH or VXED a couple of times over a few weeks.. and everytime he did.. you crashed... he may get suspicious...

or he would think .. crap i am overloading this dudes instanced...

not sure.. but i only feel safe with my GMcheck sub... I am not worried about trying to fool the GM....

Because remember ... The GM's Perception of whats going on .. is what counts... until the suspension is review... 8-)

what can they persieve from you crashing? nada... u crashed..

all this takes into consideration that you can even detect the GM when he is there......
I think we've all seen or heard by now that they can be completely invis to any detection if they so choose. If a GM wants to bust you, he will.

Make a tell ini. Add you and all of your friends to it. If you get a tell from a non-friendly make it /stick to the mobs and say sec kiting. Then when you die send them a tell gah I died what did you need? and then camp to desktop. Also make it so if the same person sends you a tell twice they are already added to the friendly list and you won't keep replying with sec kiting. Then when you get back to your cpu remove the names outta the ini that you don't want and start kiting again.

Well one time a few months ago I recieved an alert. I sent that GM a tell for the hell of it, turns out it was a GM on a player account fixing somthing. He was curious to how I knew he was a GM, end of the name had an X.. then about 5 min later the player was on, without the "x". I am currently a guide, however I was also a guide on a previous account ( I was removed for leading a raid on kael on lanys and joining a player guild like a day before new years heh.. was bored ) and one thing that always effected me in hideme mode was bard songs.. The next thing to that is MQ warnings, they have helped me out big time. I am most likely one of the only csr's in EQ to use MQ, considering guides can no longer /goto locations. Alerts have always worked in my case.

Hmm, with the above macro you can be griefed by some random tells (ie someone who is not a gm but is pissed at you and uses bunch of alts to send you tells). But still better than being banned i guess.. ;)

playj said:
Hmm, with the above macro you can be griefed by some random tells (ie someone who is not a gm but is pissed at you and uses bunch of alts to send you tells). But still better than being banned i guess.. ;)
Obviously if you have some one knowing that you're macroing you are a moron and goin to be caught anyways. If they have random Alts sending you tells why wouldn't they just petition you instead :P

answer machine for GM?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back