• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Patch - Another patch coming (1 Viewer)

RedCents
866¢
All EverQuest live servers will be brought offline on Wednesday, September 22, 2021 at 8:00 a.m. PDT to apply an emergency fix for instances not properly functioning. Downtime is expected to last approximately 3 hours.

QUEST:
- Handle the evening with high lag and inconsistent DZs working, any XP earned between now and the expected downtime may be rolled back
-- Special added hidden achievement that only you will know you have "Fighting the Odds" : for playing in the 4 to 8 hours after the patch.

Overall, is everyone satisfied or angry about the overall game direction with new management?

Actually well needed, many times my toons went in some other instance while I'm in another.. also some of my friends complained about lag (I had some stuttering in EQ the days after the 1st September patch)

Overall, is everyone satisfied or angry about the overall game direction with new management?

As long as the game continues to put out new content, is up more than down and stops biting the hands that feed it, there isn't much to complain about on my end. Issues arise when "management" loses sight of the big picture of what is or is not what players actually want. Going off on a tangent and spending resources on something no one every imagined asking for, (a.k.a. the new Perks) in hopes of generating more revenue, but pulling it out of thin air and just dumping it on everyone, is an omen many will read into as some ominous future. They need a "Tact Szar" and retire the Hammer that currently resides over product development/roll outs.

Honestly your going to have to ask me in about six more months, I don't expect instant changes with new owners. in game warning may have been short, but it was at least up on the website yesterday, and this issue I think may have been big enough to warrant a mid-month fix due to impacting TLP's heavy with AoC not working (even if live could live with them broken for a month).

I don't think the new ownership is going to "do" anything or make many changes if any.

They bought the game as an investment. Not to doodle in and ruin something that works fine for 22 years. Smart investors do not mess with a proven producer. So any changes would still be under the control of the employees who have been doing it for years.

Yes, they may get "direction" but EG7 is an investment company, not a game company.

Look it up:

EG7 is a global gaming cooperative comprised of established companies from around the world that specialize in video game entertainment such as Daybreak Games, ...

They are not hands on. No time.

And most of the money facts in any of those reports can be made up. I know many business who "pad" the figures to qualify for loans or to sell properties to make them look better.

If you have ever worked for a large company then you know how far removed the head guys are from the actual work being done.

It appears the new owners are going to ignore EQ just like every other owner has since 2009. All profit from eq goes to other games in development. Ever seen EQ budget? Me either. Sure would love to. They went from a dev team of double digits to 8 now they are at 5 devs... 5.

For some reason I was under the impression that they hired a bunch of new people had were putting more money into the game. Relatively speaking of course. Where did I hear that from?

Patch - Another patch coming

Users who are viewing this thread

Back