• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - Announcement about my old accounts... (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,253¢
I came back to the game and the forum a short time ago and one of the first things I asked was about who had bought an old account from me when I gave up around a fourteen months ago. No one responded and I don't have any old messages to find out who it was.

I have been looking for a reallllllly old account from back in the day and SOE are trying to help me with it but it's not looking too good. The account exists but it has none of the original detail I set it up with (back when it was dial up).
However, due to the support team looking through all of the information they have requested, they have found the account I sold here and I have a funny feeling they are in the throws of returning it to me.

I'm not in any way trying to reclaim this account and if I get asked whether I want it or not, I'll decline. This is really just a warning to whomever took this off my hands (for a steal, tbh) and that if it is returned, I have no issues returning it again!

Please don't think that I'm scamming anyone as it's not my intention (besides, a year is a long time to set up a sting)! I would like to think I'm an upstanding member of this community and feel bad about this even before I've received any notification from SOE.

I'm really just after an old account with about 12 years Vet on it and I never intended for this to happen.

Not NICE.

However, due to the support team looking through all of the information they have requested, they have found the account I sold here and I have a funny feeling they are in the throws of returning it to me.

Let me get this straight.You sold this account.Now you want it back?

@EqHappy: Check it out. First, you just joined so you don't know what's going on. His initial post several weeks ago was him looking for those who had purchased from him back in the day and he was interested in buying back one of the accounts. For you to pop up and only see this post and reply to it, not cool. All you're doing is adding to your post count and already giving yourself a bad rep. I highly suggest you take the time to actually go back and read old posts so that you don't further make yourself look like an accusing asshole.

I hope it does not happen, but if support suspects you sold the account, It may end up banned. Hope it all works out. If not, I may be on the verge of selling my accounts (from 1999). :)

Well, the inevitable has happened. They cannot find the original account that I was after with my old veteran monk of 12 years. They have instead reverted my two other accounts back to me from 2010. I couldn't really ask them to stop half way through as I originally raised the ticket through my CURRENT account, mainly for similar reasons that TAR suggested above.
I'm waiting for a response but now I'm not entirely sure that they sold through here - I did have a post here advertising it but I have a feeling I traded them for a Rift account that I never played with someone on my server.

i sorta see what you were doing i don't 100% agree with it.
but you need to log on the mains of them accounts and wait for a tell in game i guess.

i sorta see what you were doing i don't 100% agree with it.
but you need to log on the mains of them accounts and wait for a tell in game i guess.

I did they same thing a few years ago.... Was trying to find the new owner to offer a buy back.... Come to find out he quit and he just gave the account back.... Felt like a shit head tho

don't feel like shit man go to the cc info and see if you can trace them through there, sony is like this if you call cs they will do stupid things like this and like you say you cant stop them once they start or you raise red flags, I think you did a stand up thing by posting the intent here and the problem and hopefully its solved if not it could be the guy who bought them quit playing years ago and has moved onto friends and family and hell even might have forgotten the info himself , I have several accounts from games out there I have no clue about anymore and don't really care if someone took them as I would never play them again anyways

Yes! SORTED! Logged on this evening and have managed to give the accounts back to an old RG'er who looks like they don't frequent here anymore! But all is well and both accounts have now been returned to their rightful owner!

There should be a 'Looking for Old Accounts' thread where people could name what account names or characters they are looking for. People left accounts with me and I hope they would contact me before trying to gank them.

News - Announcement about my old accounts...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back