• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Ancient Cloak of Flames (1 Viewer)

RedCents
445¢
I havnt played for a couple years but got back on. This game has a funny way to bring you back in! I have this Ancient Cloak of Flames. What made this so desirable? is it usable at later levels for an over haste? I forget and my EQ knowledge is nowhere near some players? Is it worth using on my 120 War? or is this just a power level item? I remember using the original COF for p leveling a lower level character I think.

Any help appreciated,

Thank you
Screenshot 2023-09-15 125106.png

This is a random rare drop from a revamped zone that's only active for a few weeks each year.

Its primary value now is the clicky effect which will give you a 17% over haste instead of the max 16% from all the other raid items.

Once used it becomes bound to the player, but you can use an item to "detune" it and resell it.

Yes use it on your Warrior. Its good from level 90 and up. Just click it once and it will raise the AA. Then when you outgrow it just put it back in the bank

I have used mine on at least 10 of my alts. Just unattune it and they can click it to get the max AA. Pass it around!

I was lucky enough to get another one during Hardcore Heritage (June to July only) and was able to sell it for a couple Krono on a regular server (Not FV)

They are much in demand, I would hang onto it until you have acclimated more,

Its always good to ask when your returning because there are tons of items that bring big plat now. Like the LDON forages, etc.

Nice....thanks....does it work on free to play tunes? or If I pop a krono on one will it still have the affect when the paid time wears off?

Nice....thanks....does it work on free to play tunes? or If I pop a krono on one will it still have the affect when the paid time wears off?
Its prestige so only paid accounts. But if you look under your AA tabs and the one that says "special" I believe its under that - ancient flames maybe? - but not in game right now so cant check. But once you click it then you will keep the AA because its just like all your other AA. When you go F2P you keep all the AA you have.

If the cloak is good stats for you then wear it but if you have a better cloak then just click this one and put it in the bank. The AA does not go away

I can't quote my source, but I have it on very good authority that they have no intentions of ever upgrading the overhaste click effect again. So it's got that going for it.

Is valuable because you can unattune it after you get the click effect and give it to another character.
And what Many_Whelps said. You can get Urthron's Ultimate Unattuner in PoK from Alerynril the loyal for 432 loyalty tokens or a mysterious presence for 112,300 overseer tetradrachms to un-attune the Ancient cloak of flames. Stick the Urthron's in an inventory/bag slot. Put the ancient cloak of flames in it. Click it. (The unattuner is consumed, one time use only) This means you can then give it to another of your toons and they can click it also. Keep it going from toon to toon until the Urthron's Ultimate Unattuners run out or all your toons have clicked it. Then put it in the bank and wait until you have more alts that can use it later in life. If you have people you trust, you can give it to them, let them click it, then get it back.

And friendly reminder, this technique can be used with the Ice encrusted and Blood-soaked chase items. Maybe the TBL expansion chase loot as well. I've never had any of those, so I don't know.

Enjoy and Cheers.

Question - Ancient Cloak of Flames

Users who are viewing this thread

Back