• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Contest An EQBoo for you! (1 Viewer)

RedCents
306¢
attachment.php

~!Boo!~

Did that scare you? No? Awww... Well, I tried. :(.

Well, it's that time. The time where ghost's come out, poltergeists steal-
your candy and annoying kids ask for more! FOR FREE!

Well, it's my turn to give out candy... Only it's not free, bahaha.
This candy is a bit more expensive, we have some awesome prize line-ups

To start - We have a pre-order of Call of the Forsaken!
Next we have a humble bundle!
AND - yes... AND we have our 1500 SC Card & 500k platinum!

1st prize: Pre-Order of Call of the Forsaken!
2nd prize: 1500 SC card or 500k platinum - PLUS a humble bundle!
3rd prize: 1500 SC card or 500k platinum (whichever was not chosen by the second place winner.)

For this wonderful contest we have Campfire stories (or spook stories).

Your task is to write a terrifying tale (it doesn't have to be long.)
It can be of real-life, an in-game fantasy story or just your imagination-
running wild.
Give us chills, make us scream!

Rules: Fairly simple.
1. We will NOT be judging on grammar or spelling(just don't-
make our brains explode please!)
2. Minimum 1 paragraph. (The more creative the better!!)
3. Must be in English
4. No stealing others work - We can Google too!
5. Don't be too violent in the storytelling!

Judging - Will be done by me and RedBot

Judging is based on creativity and the amount of imagination used. :) (aka Effort!)

Example:

She shivered, the cool air of the night sinking into her skin. Her hand slipped to her head as her world began to spin... Then it all quickly went dark.

Several hours the girl awoke, her head splitting with pain... It felt like someone was trying to jam a knife into her temple. She cried lightly as the dark-
night turned stormy. The shutters slamming on the house- She stopped... Realizing at this point she didnt come here herself. Her eyes darted left then right quickly.
The only light being a small candle on the bedside table which she lay. She reached over, taking the candle and it's tiny stand she stood up.

The entire house felt... Void... Empty, dark... No life in it except her and that small flickering flame.. That was slowly starting to dim.

I would continue but as I am not entering the contest it feels silly - It's just an example!

Contest sponsors:
Ourplat (http://www.ourplat.com)
RedGuides (Here!)

Attachments

• banner.png
    banner.png
    10.4 KB · Views: 1,443
A long time ago, back in the days when corpses would become Norrath's dirt with equipment and all; my dark, hallow corpse stated "2 days, 6 hours, 43 minutes" before it would disappear for eternity. It contained my Rubicite Breastplate, my Jaundiced Bone Bracer, my pre-nerf Manastone, my pre-nerf DE mask.

I did not loot it. I did not dare to touch it, not now, not yet. My naked powerless form stared at my well-equipped shaman's corpse, replete with powerful no-drop items conjured by my friend Slumpy (a mage), as no-drop items were preserved on a pale carcass, once upon an exploit. I would wait until the time was right, when I could truly use those items once again.

Little did I know, a server issue had changed the decomposing time of my cold, lifeless corpse. The maggots consuming it did not need 2 days, 6 hours and 43 minutes to finish their job, they needed just 2 minutes. My corpse dissipated before my eyes.

I /petitioned. I pleaded. I begged for my corpse to return, but no. "I'm sorry, your corpse is no longer in-game." I tried to reason with the gods, pointing out that my lifeless, battered corpse had lied to me about it's time left on Norrath. "The timer may be bugged, but your corpse still rotted, and that's your fault."

I stared into the Karanas, its vast, open fields, and saw nothing but indifference. Sony's world cared nothing for me, for my slaying of Nagafen, for my charity to young trolls, for my $10 subscription. I /petitioned "fuck you" - hoping for something, a response, a 1 month ban, any recognition that I exist, and was met with silence. A gryphon flew slowly by; perhaps it was a rare.

It was a an unusually cold night on the evening before All Hallow's Eve, even for Alaska. Known as Devil's Night to some, Mischief Night to others, this particular evening of the year always holds a certain sense of malice in the air. Upon returning home from my usual daily grind at the office, I decide to embark on my usual nightly grind in the mind-numbing but somehow cerebrally satisfying world of EQ.

However, just as I reach the door to my bedroom and swing the door open to enter this placid, manufactured existence and escape my otherwise mundane reality, a crack of thunder permeates the air and the house immediately fills with darkness. While not a believer in the almighty, I immediately think to myself, "Why does God hate me so? It's nearly midnight and the start of double XP weekend!"

I finally make it to my computer chair after tripping over every object known to man on my way there and fumble through my pocket for my cellphone. I pull it out, partially due to the eerie nature of pitch black darkness on an evening such as this, but mainly just to count down the minutes until midnight as I stare hopelessly at my blank computer screen.

Minutes tick by which seem like hours, when finally, 11:59 hits. "Come on, damn you!", I yell out in futility, when all of a sudden my phone vibrates and chirps. "Who would be emailing me at a time like this?", I ponder. I click on the pulsating gmail icon... "Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Dear John,

This is a notification from EverQuest.
We regret to inform you that the account name: IHackTooMuch has been terminated due to a Community Standards violation. After reviewing our records, one of the characters on this account was found to have committed the following violations:

* Movement Cheating

The grandfather clock in the living room strikes midnight when suddenly I am blinded as all the lights in my house and the monitor directly in front of my face gleam brightly once more.

I've been meaning to do this for a while, as I could use the plat given my recent displacement from Eqmac to live servers...so here goes...

The Ghoul Lord

These were simpler times, when a froglok could go out into the swamp and earn a living, and the only fear was the rare adventurer who might seek to take your mushrooms while you labored. These were the days before the dead didn't stay.... dead. Frankie the froglok had just arrived to the outskirts of Guk after a day of hard work gathering spores and shrooms in the swamp. As he approached, he noticed the vines that usually hide the entrance to Guk were cut down. Cautiously, he entered and quickly noticed froglok corpses strewn all about. Quickly he hopped to his pad on the far side of Guk, hoping he would make it and find his mate was safe and sound. An arrow whizzed by his head, a elven ranger prepared to fire another arrow. With a loud "FROOOAAAK", he charged for the ranger, jabbing him with his foraging knife in the throat, but there was no time to celebrate, his mate lie in a puddle of blood in the doorway of their cave. She was still breathing, but barely. Frankie cried as she gasped for breath in his arms, and whispered that she had been hiding a secret from him, that she was pregnant. This drove the young froglok to madness and desperation. He had once heard of a necromancer in the Feerott, by the name of Cyndreela. It was said that her guardianship of the outer planes gave her great powers. He didn't know if she would help him, but his desperation drove him to try anything. He lifted his now lifeless wife from the ground, and darted for the exit of Guk, hoping to avoid the rest of the party that had accompanied the ranger.....

Frankie managed to cross through the Feerott, avoiding detection by the ogres, and the spectres that he had once feared greatly. He had no fear as he approached Cyndreela, knowing that life without his mate was far worse than any pain she might inflict. Cyndreela smiled as he lay the corpse in front of her, as if she knew what he was there for. "We must take her to the deepest, darkest, depths of Guk. Once we are there, give her this vial, it will save her and your precious tadpoles."

Frankie did not understand why she was helping him, or how she knew so much, but he did know that the Guardian of Fear offered him an alternative to living without his wife and tads that he had longed for. He helped Cyndreela to enter the hidden depths of Guk, where he gave his dead wife the vial. She began to shake violently, as the rigor began to loosen it's grip on her body. He began to cry tears of joy, as the necromancers magics had worked. His wife appeared to be recovering. Frankie hugged his wife, but suddenly he felt a sharp pain on his neck. She had bit him, hard. He was now bleeding profusely, as she stood over him with a madness in her eyes. He began to fade out of conciousness, as Cyndreela cackled madly and whispered "Have no fear mortal, you will not be dead for long."

From that day forward, Frankie, now known as the Ghoul Lord, and his offspring have terrorized all of the inhabitants of Guk, and offered a challenge to any adventurers brave enough to enter the depths of Guk......

Contest An EQBoo for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back