• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Bans - Am I being targetted??? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
155¢
So I run MQ, but I don't try to use exploits, dupes or the like. I have 2 accounts on XYZServer and one of them has a character showing up in every zone I am in. They are anonymous and do not show up on /who but do show up on /who all. They are not visible to me that I can tell, I have "accidentally" run past the spot or been forced by geometry in some zones and there is no character there. It does not appear on my maps for my second character. Not sure really what I should do with this information? Any help?

Edit: I can post the name of the character here if needed, just hesitant in case they are doing autogen character names and would use it to identify who is posting here. Paranoid much? Yes.

- E

So I run MQ, but I don't try to use exploits, dupes or the like. I have 2 accounts on XYZServer and one of them has a character showing up in every zone I am in. They are anonymous and do not show up on /who but do show up on /who all. They are not visible to me that I can tell, I have "accidentally" run past the spot or been forced by geometry in some zones and there is no character there. It does not appear on my maps for my second character. Not sure really what I should do with this information? Any help?

- E
a player in your zone would show up on /who
a secret gm wouldn't show up in /who or /who all
without knowing specifically what you think you're seeing it is impossible to guess ( you can pm me with names if you want another set of eyeballs to help you figure it out)

I also run with this on my toons so i don't physically see pets/players (other than floating weapons)
1703179946457.png

- E
Other folks may know better, but rogues in SoS mode can't be seen out of group.

If I am not mistaken, there are issues with maps right now anyway. It may be related to that.
I mean, anything is possible. Just curious why 2 accounts running on the same machine, accessing the same maps and version of RG Very Vanilla would get consistently different results?

after seeing the names of the characters and knowing that they are players I would say this is either:
a: server desyncing
or
b: map/spawn issues (which there are still some atm).
definitely think you're alright. that isn't a GM or anyone with super powers

Even though this character has appeared in at least 3 zones with me? I am happy for the news, just want to be as sure as I can be. heh

- E

Edit: I can spell sometimes.

Even though this character has appeared in at least 3 zones with me? I am happy for the news, just want to be as sure as I can be. heh

- E

Edit: I can spell sometimes.
yeah, i imagine if you did a /unload and then reloaded mq that you would no longer see them on your map

might be another situation like > this issue here <

if you get a chance, can you do the unload and then refresh injections thing to see if it does clear it up?
Done and correct, they no longer show up. I didn't think about the possibility of this being something that hung around in a memory list somewhere, although I probably should have. Thanks again.

- E

Bans - Am I being targetted???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back