• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Allas or something else for EQ Info? (1 Viewer)

I like eq resource for quests and named cause he has some maps that show good info but then I cross reference with Allah to read the comments by players which come in handy.

I use Bonzz for mount info, Hero's Forge armor looks and sometimes quests. He does a pretty good run down of the special ones when they are going on, like Frostfell or the Anniversary ones.

I quit using Magelo cause you have to log in now and be a prem member now to see his maps and eq resource are just as good.

I did recently get someone their Shaman Epics and for that I used EQ Progression as it was more concise than reading thru all of the info on the other sites. And while it was made more for the progression servers, it works ok even if your not on a TLP.

I still use allakhazam. But I'm an old man and can't be be bothered to change too much if I can help it. So long as it answers my questions, generally speaking I have no reason to need to change.

I use the above sites listed, and I'll add eqtraders.com. It helps me figure out what item(s) I need to farm so I can then go to eqresources or alla and see what named drops the item I need to make the T3 TS vis and non-vis items.

Take TS for example. I want to see what augs to have made from LS. If you go to Alla's, nice page, with them listed by slot (5, 7 or 8) and type (tier 1, tier 2, TS). However, recipe pages on alla's are trash.. so to EQ traders corner I go, and search the name, and gives me a sweet bullet list of what I need.

Or

I want to see whats best for ring slots. I go to Raidloot, set my parameters, search, and get the names. Go to alla's to see what mob drops it, and then EQ resources to see it marked (cleanly) on the map.

There isnt one site, and there is tons of info, so yeah, having them all bookmarked or fav helps.

Take TS for example. I want to see what augs to have made from LS. If you go to Alla's, nice page, with them listed by slot (5, 7 or 8) and type (tier 1, tier 2, TS). However, recipe pages on alla's are trash.. so to EQ traders corner I go, and search the name, and gives me a sweet bullet list of what I need.

Or

I want to see whats best for ring slots. I go to Raidloot, set my parameters, search, and get the names. Go to alla's to see what mob drops it, and then EQ resources to see it marked (cleanly) on the map.

There isnt one site, and there is tons of info, so yeah, having them all bookmarked or fav helps.
Excactly how I do it also

ah, reminds me of the old 1999 days where I would look up the information on an item / quest in Allas at work, print it off, and then spend 20 minutes in the toilet reading about them all :P

Used to print all the maps from EQ Atlas as well - probably still got that folder in the loft along with my Kunark guide and my 6" figure of Firiona Vie.

Discussion - Allas or something else for EQ Info?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back