• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Aion (1 Viewer)

Aion is almost here, any interest in this community for discussion?

I left all my other MMO's to play Aion, and a little bit of Champions Online.
Nothing to contribute at the moment, but i will be interested in reading some, and after i get more into it maybe also post something.

Game is in Open Beta for a week now then Pre-Release gets couple days before the masses. Very fun game, it will actually be ready for the release unlike a few I been burned on in the past (Age of Conan...sigh). Quests are well written, Char Creation is extremely advanced. Graphics are awsome (uses the Crysis engine). After open beta Chars get wiped to lvl 1 but you retain class and names. Populations are large, average of 8000 people on at a time on forums this weekend.

It doesn't surprise me that it's ready. It's been available in South Korea for some time now. I watched my wife's cousin playing it once. Seems too Asian for my (game) tastes (a la Lineage.) Ironically, I love Asian food!

I love Aion. Could post some basic things worth noting, but here is just not enough publicity.

Aion is a blast actually feels more like Vanguard but has some old EQ feel to it where alot of things as you get up towards mid level are pretty challenging.

Were on the Siel Server btw Dupa. We have people on both factions. Not a ton but enough to get some pvp points in the abyss.

I'm on Lumiel. But I probably won't be sticking around long. Massive server queues and constant gold spamming makes Jmo a sad panda. I just don't have massive amounts of time to play, and there's a lot of stuff wasting time right off the bat. Fun game once you get into it though.

The spammin in general is shitty, I just shut it off they will crack down sooner or later. I have yet to experience a server queue though. I dont have a ton of time either but thats why I am there instead of eq. I can actually get some sense of accomplishment where in eq I wouldnt get too far in under 10 hr a week. I used to be able to put that amount of time in per day or 2.

wait with fallen earth. its fun, but very bugged and lagging etc. like bad beta :)

i bought it and really enoying it when it doesnt lag, bug with something or crash.

it looks really cool for something to play when i get bored with the elvs and gnomes and all that. Prob would not be the best game to play over here in iraq i only have 256k internet lol

You guys should try out warhammer online its insane. Its like a WoW with 200x better graphics, and the community aren't snobbish little kids.

Only problem is that you will need a pretty good pc, its a pretty demanding game. Theres a free trial for it, download takes about 2 hours.

I really loved Warhammer, but I disagree that the graphics are superior. The modeling and the textures are superior, but the animation is so clunky and robot-like, it really is off-putting.

It really depends on the settings you can put it on. The game runs on the Crytek Engine, which if you don't know what that is, it's the game engine created for Crysis. Somehow they tweaked it to run on lower end systems, but from what I've heard, it's a completely different game depending on how you set the performance options.

I'm on Gorgos /Europe playing asmo.
I also like Champions Online, but not as much as Aion.

seems this site is pretty dead :( sad :(

Pisses me off to no end that this game doesn't have a trial. I've heard such great things about it and on websites like mmorpg.com it's rated #1, even over WoW. I want to try it but really don't want to pay for ANOTHER game that I'm going to end up dropping.

WoW purchase are sure as hell high enough STILL, as they've always been, to not need the 'extra boost' from a trial as well. But they've always had a trial, because what game DOESN'T have a trial?

Well mixed opinions on this for me so far. I've made 8 different toons and keep going back to making an alt once I hit 25. It starts to become a massive grind fest and just gets worse as you get higher level. I'm so bored with repeat kill and collection quests.

They made a nice game then just didn't invest in GM's to get rid of spammers and the damn asian stores that set up allover. They're on auto bot programs allover the place farming Kinah, so they can then direct you to their Kinah selling site.

We need to get some real hackers in there and teach these people how to police them. :P

Maybe someone will come up with a clever anti bot code to interupt theirs. lol

Ooops, I'm not talking about all of the legit hacking. :p

Hehe Aion will probably be one of the last MMOs i'll buy. (Will be getting KOTOR when it comes out). Every MMO since EQ has been a let down to some extent... even WoW. I'm through looking for the next EQ1. I am just gonna ride EQ1 till it eventually is 1 server and dies...

Aion

Users who are viewing this thread

Back