• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - AFK Fighting Reminder (1 Viewer)

morlucius

RedCents
522¢
Not to be a Negative Nancy, I dont know about other servers but I am starting to notice a lot of AFK fighting. Like take FM for instance, you can go out there do an ooc and out of the 35 people in the zone none answer. Now this is happening so much I have notice that actual players are starting to hate on MQ2, the people who use it, all the afk fighting, and MQ2 is starting to become chatter.

We have managed to stay under the radar because we have kept to ourselves and not drawn a lot of attention to us. I understand that DB dont care if we use this program and if caught AFK fighting we are handed a suspension .

I do know that the more this becomes a problem for DB or lets say they have to hire more employee's just to handle the situation. That the privilege that DB is giving us by allowing us to use MQ2 can be taken away at ANY MOMENT.

I dont know about the rest of you but I dont want to lose all my hard work i put into my 18 accounts

We all ready have an advantage by being able to log on and not look for a group and we dont need to mess this up. Also play your xbox or watch tv while ya game just log out when ya go to work or bed.. Cause not answering OOC, tells, and other things is what will draw attention to us

Weird flex, but okay.

FM, GD, WW are always full of real players AND botters. FM was terrible when it was current content and remains terrible to do this day. The people doing this stuff, if they're here, have already made their choice and wrapped themselves in the blanket of nofucksgiven. I'm not sure if your heartfelt plea will actually matter a whole lot to them. It matters to me, though. <3

Just saying I see a whole lot of it more and would hate to see DB crack down on us.. Some of us out there do put a bit more care into our box groups

But you are right if they not watching the toons then why watch the forums.. Until your comment didnt realize how high this sounds

i often box a full crew somewhere. i go afk quite often with my toons just hidden in some corner of a dungeon until i come back. people dont have to reply to ooc, i do most of the time when im around, because i enjoy talking to folks.

i am new to the community here, but i have an idea. not sure how people feel about it around here. but if you see people afk killing, train and wipe them. or do something to set off their oh shit triggers so they gate and run away. that being said, i have received quite a few warnings thru the years for training afk xpers, but im also a bit of a jerk, and send the people a tell when i do it. so they know i did it and why.

I try to be super vigilant about never leaving my team unattended while grinding. I'd would be great if people didn't afk but I don't think that's ever gonna be the case. A humorous solution would be to make MQ2 have an afk check kind of like Netflix does, a giant button that pop's up... ARE YOU STILL THERE? with two options LOG OUT (on a 60 second timer) and CONTINUE. and put it at random intervals so it pop's off at the funniest moments (like mid raid lol)... of course I'm just kidding cause realistically people would just make a macro that hit's continue for them. I do agree though, I wish more users had your work ethic to keep this a viable option for more of us for a longer period of time.

i see this alot on my server in FM/ST/EW/GD

when im PLing i go to dungeons most dont go to, and am always at keys, when im doing collectables for yet another alt in FM ill send random tells to the groups, just to see what response i can get if any.

Only time ive traind a botter was about 8yrs ago, i was at a cmp for 5 hrs, he logged in and immediately started pulling my camp mobs. i setn all 12 of his toons multiple messages and got 0 response. after 20 mins of continual OOC and /t's i finally took my bard and went and charmed the highest level mob in the zone, geared it buffed it then broke charm, and pulled it and 40 other mobs and dumped on him and watched his entire crew die. 4hrs later he finally sent me a tell asking me what happend to his guys how did he die.

I'll admit, I'm not at the keys 100% of the time. I get up, make food, shower, quick trip to the store down the block, w/e. I'm generally nearby. I don't make a habit of leaving my group completely unattended for hours on end. If someone sends a tell or asks something in guild chat, I can usually respond in a reasonable amount of time. I've never been AFK checked, knock on wood, but I'd like to think that there is a good chance I'd catch it and respond.

I get the afk while we get something to eat or do little things around the house. This mainly goes to those who are never at the keys and just plain afk period.

Problem - AFK Fighting Reminder

Users who are viewing this thread

Back