• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Advice for complete novice (1 Viewer)

RedCents
741¢
Please be gentle.

So, I have a SK, Cleric, Bard, Shaman, Monk, and Mage

I bought CWTN plug-ins for everything and am attempting kissassist with the bars.

So, I’ve loaded all the plugins and started the macro for the bard

Leaving everything as default it seems my toons aren’t really doing much offensive stuff, the SK seems ok. I had it set to tank and ML, does it need to be MA? And will the others assist if they are on manual mode ?

I’ve not tried to use a camp, but could use chase maybe?

Also, the bard, I assume I manually have to memorise the spells into the correct gem number?

I think I’ve confused myself due the amount of info available, I’ve kinda stumbled along to level 10 but I think it’s been more my main pulling the others along for a sight seeing trip than them taking part :(

Again sorry

Solution
Please be gentle.

I bought CWTN plug-ins for everything and am attempting kissassist with the bars.

Leaving everything as default it seems my toons aren’t really doing much offensive stuff, the SK seems ok. I had it set to tank and ML, does it need to be MA? And will the others assist if they are on manual mode ?

Also, the bard, I assume I manually have to memorise the spells into the correct gem number?

I think I’ve confused myself due the amount of info available, I’ve kinda stumbled along to level 10 but I think it’s been more my main pulling the...
If you are using a premade ini, the spells will load automatically provided you have them. If you want to run around and have your group chase you, set them to chase mode(not your tank). If you want to sit at a camp, set your group to assist and go grab mobs with your tank. You can do that manually or mess around with puller tank mode. Make sure when you start your KA on bard that you have your tank targeted.

Please be gentle.

I think I’ve confused myself due the amount of info available, I’ve kinda stumbled along to level 10 but I think it’s been more my main pulling the others along for a sight seeing trip than them taking part :(

Again sorry
shawry - looks like you're pretty new to RG - so welcome, we're lucky to have you

Here's the cwtn info stuff:
Please see >>> Getting Started with CWTN plugins! (Movement, UI Window, Clickies, Pulling, ETC) Check Here First! <<<

yup - assist modes assist the group main assist, which is assigned in the group window (eq function) - chase mode would chase your group assigned main assist as well - pretty much always set your tank MainAssist and MainTank in your group window and you'll be good to go. In that link above i have a "how i move my toons" video where i demonstrate exactly what you're doing with your team - give that a watch if you get a chance.

re: bard - you can loadspellset=2 and it will load spells from your kiss ini

LoadSpellSet00/1/20=Off/1=Loads SpellSetName/2=Loads Spells from the [Spells] in the ini file. If you have no [Spells] section defined and are using option 2 for LoadSpellSet, a default [Spells] section is created. See Misc section for more information on how to set up [Spells].

Re: being sorry - EQ is a very "busy" and complicated game - and MQ adds additional layers of difficulty on top of those things - you're doing great already - and you sound like you're really putting in the work and effort to "help yourself" - don't be afraid to ask for help, we've all been in your shoes and many of us remember how overwhelming it can be. Thank you for doing a good job of explaining your issue, explaining what you've tried, and then asking questions about the in-between bits.

you're pretty awesome, keep it up.

Solution
@shawry

Welcome to the family. Sic mentioned the Getting Started videos. He also has several excellent videos for autogrouping your team and having the SK automatically set as the Main Tank. There is a ton of material on the forums. Take your time and don't get overwhelmed. If you can't find an answer on your own, don't be afraid to ask.

Be well. Happy gaming.

Thanks guys, I have watched the videos, but clearly missed something or failed to grasp it 😂 I will re-watch them and see how I get on.

With the bard, it is a pre made but didn’t seem to men the spells, I’ll delete and re-add it 😁

Thanks guys, I have watched the videos, but clearly missed something or failed to grasp it 😂 I will re-watch them and see how I get on.

With the bard, it is a pre made but didn’t seem to men the spells, I’ll delete and re-add it 😁
Look at the option I mentioned. If it isn't set to =2, it needs to be

Just wanted to say, seems the ini I had for bard didnt have the bit to mem spells, thanks for pointing me there :)

Also, setting rest to chase seems to have helped everything else, my only issue now is mana - possibly a rethink of toons incoming :)

You did not mention what level they were. On the mana... they are VERY mana hungry at low levels cleric and shammy will cause a lot of downtime.
sometimes with low level shammy It almost seems that the shammy will buff... med up... and by the time it was full of mana it was time to buff again lol

You did not mention what level they were. On the mana... they are VERY mana hungry at low levels cleric and shammy will cause a lot of downtime.
sometimes with low level shammy It almost seems that the shammy will buff... med up... and by the time it was full of mana it was time to buff again lol
Currently 17, so yeah, painful at the moment :)

I don't really know what I'm doing either compared to probably most everyone here. I don't understand code or anything lol I learn by hands on and sometimes I'm not even sure while I'm doing it but... I learn from the school of Hard Knocks. Start out just getting a group running for exp, following you, and etc. Then you'll be wish I could do this or that and adding more knowledge as you go. Heck in a month I might be asking you what I need to do

High Five Boom GIF by TipsyElves.com

I had taken a long break, came back and EQ alone had a lot of changes, the walk throughs are nice, not everything is answered, but it's enough to be dangerous LOL... that said, I might have as well have been new to EQ.

Discovering MQ2 was a gamechanger and I definitely found that learning and refining the INI taught me the most; experiment here, ask a question here, apply it there, seemed to teach me the most about it... I really enjoyed the older INI websites that walked me through (though I believe some are out of date or whatnot... they still were a really great place to learn a basic knowledge)

KISSASSIST

Still one of my favorites for learning and quick reference, if there's better, I am unaware... another one I liked for / macro commands was

MQ2MOVEUTILS

Just a couple nuggets that help me sort it out... and then again, asking questions of the community here @ RG has been HUGE!

Good Luck and Welcome!

Just my two red:rcents.

[HINT: 🐻 You too can help prevent forum fires by also "red:rcenting" (click the :rc icon to the right ---->)

Question - Advice for complete novice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back