• You've discovered RedGuides šŸ“• an EverQuest multi-boxing community šŸ›”ļøšŸ§™šŸ—”ļø. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! šŸ‘‹
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Addition to the box crew (1 Viewer)

speathdell

RedCents
424Ā¢
Hello , I found again my lvl 110 SK and 110 ench. I want to add 4 spots to the crew and I am not to 100% sure what to add. My first thought was SK/ Ench/ Clr / BST / 2xZerker or would it be better to put a Bard into the group ? Or makes it more sense to go on a caster dps group ?

I am thinking about doing group content. As I don't often powerlevel I was thinking about heroic chars that I pull to level of SK and Ench. I think if the heroic chars are grouped with lvl 110 chars they should get exp as well.

Thank you

you should always enjoy your group - this is more important than anything.

after that make sure you have the bases covered - real tank, real healer (clr or shm), and real cc (enc or bard).

after that I always pair bard with melee groups and enchanter with caster groups.

the third part isn't a 100% requirement, but the damage difference is noticeable.

since you already have the enchanter group - it might be worthwhile to go mage/wiz/bst kind of route over the zerk/bst. you definitely *can* but the dps diff is noticable.

since you're just doing 110 f2p stuff and can get tov T1 gear off the bazaar fairly cheap - pretty much anything is going to work for you.

re the levels - 80 can get xp with 110, 85 with 115 (its a max 30 lvl spread)

you should always enjoy your group - this is more important than anything.

after that make sure you have the bases covered - real tank, real healer (clr or shm), and real cc (enc or bard).

after that I always pair bard with melee groups and enchanter with caster groups.

the third part isn't a 100% requirement, but the damage difference is noticeable.

since you already have the enchanter group - it might be worthwhile to go mage/wiz/bst kind of route over the zerk/bst. you definitely *can* but the dps diff is noticable.

since you're just doing 110 f2p stuff and can get tov T1 gear off the bazaar fairly cheap - pretty much anything is going to work for you.

re the levels - 80 can get xp with 110, 85 with 115 (its a max 30 lvl spread)

Agree, you went enc...so i'd say go mage/mage/mage/cleric

Yea what both said. Sk/Clr/Chant/Mage/Mage/Mage and make sure all 3 are using water pet wiht tov t1 piercers and alliance running

are you gonna gold any of the accounts?

i totally agree with Sic what you enjoy will keep you playing so play what you like. since u ahve SK and chanter build group around it.

mages are alot of fun and can toss out alot of dps.

I would go SK/SHM/ENC/MAG/WIZ/BST this is a nice blend of dps and utility. If you just want to watch the world burn then go MAG for all dps slots at max level mobs are gonna melt.

I think that a bard > chanter outside of a named only burn scenario in a caster group. Less burst but higher sustained over the course of several hours.

Personal experience, my war/mage/mage/mage/enc/cleric team is pretty evenly matched with the sk/ber/ber/ber/bard/cleric team. If anything, the mages are lower maintenance/effort/cost. I run CWTN's & SIC's MQ2Berzerker plugin. Neither of the two teams have fancy stuff like epics/etc...just pet clickies on all.

For quality of life i'd recommend the CWTN plugins for berzerker if you go that route...imo class is pretty complex with all the button mashing.

Personal experience, my war/mage/mage/mage/enc/cleric team is pretty evenly matched with the sk/ber/ber/ber/bard/cleric team. If anything, the mages are lower maintenance/effort/cost. I run CWTN's & SIC's MQ2Berzerker plugin. Neither of the two teams have fancy stuff like epics/etc...just pet clickies on all.

For quality of life i'd recommend the CWTN plugins for berzerker if you go that route...imo class is pretty complex with all the button mashing.
I wouldnā€™t run the zerk group without a shaman but thatā€™s not what I was referring to - a bard instead of enchanter in the mage group offers more sustain. Iā€™d also run sk in both and dru over cleric.

ungeared and improperly attended (AAs, epics) its very likely that a mage will out-do a zerk - especially if you're low lvl.

properly and adequately geared, not even close in my experience - and definitely not for sustain purposes. I actually swapped from mages for my farm group to zerkers since zerkers with a bst/bard can go nonstop without a break.

ungeared and improperly attended (AAs, epics) its very likely that a mage will out-do a zerk - especially if you're low lvl.

properly and adequately geared, not even close in my experience - and definitely not for sustain purposes. I actually swapped from mages for my farm group to zerkers since zerkers with a bst/bard can go nonstop without a break.

No argument, you're probably 100% right once you sink time into a zerk it's probably no contest...but i'd have to sink time into em, my style of play = lazy ... this is why I prefer mages, 95% effective out-of-box. My answer to that would be...unless we're talking missions...add more mages...lol

Thank you for the information. Let aside the Ench.

Can a BST replace a SHM in a melee group and so switch to a real healer , no offense to SHM . Because thinking in that direction SK / what heal/ BRD / BER / BER/ BST ?

Can a BST replace a SHM in a melee group and so switch to a real healer , no offense to SHM . Because thinking in that direction SK / what heal/ BRD / BER / BER/ BST ?
I run sk, brd, bst, zerkx2, shaman just fine . A sham can heal just as well and offers a lot of offensive utility. They obviously arenā€™t required, but why not?

shm = healer
bst = dps

especially at modern game they are very much not the same.

use a shm if you are trying to min-max your melee dps and you don't mind the extra effort to go and get a rez-stick and not have as much "pucker time"

use a clr if you are trying to ezmode and just want your healer to heal

shm = healer
bst = dps

especially at modern game they are very much not the same.

use a shm if you are trying to min-max your melee dps and you don't mind the extra effort to go and get a rez-stick and not have as much "pucker time"

use a clr if you are trying to ezmode and just want your healer to heal

Agree.
  1. Easy of play/peace of mind - Cleric/Enchanter
  2. Max DPS - Bard/Sham
It's pretty hard to take down a group running a good cleric/enchanter w/ decent plugin(s),s KA...If someone dies on the team...instant battle rez. Back to the original point above it's about your style...some people want maximum output, others like me, I want just want it to run with minimum oversight.

In the end-game it'll come down to seconds in your parse. I have to admit i have seen some insane berzerker dps shit...that's why i decided to try the class...but these are people who've invested years into their chars...

I've got a solid SK/ENC/CLR from my original group, other 3 were DRU/ROG/PAL up to a point that group did well, 3 way heals and rez, making survivability quite high and most wipes were avoided, all well geared for EOK era, and moved to showbound when we hit 110, then upgraded bits as we could however we hit a wall when we got to t2 ToV and beyond as they just couldnt bring enough dps, could pump out a ton with the druid but he was dry and panting 3/4 of the way thru a fight and rouge cant hit squat given a 2k dex when the content is tuned for much higher. so i swapped out for 3 mages, one that was already 106 and leveled up fast, the other 2 pled up from 65 and 85 over the course of a couple weeks, now they are 115, 114 and 113 and already challenging the SK for top dps now and then on normal fights. as far as gear goes only one of the mages is well geared, other 2 are in snowsquall and a couple other drops, but non visible is still mostly garbage.
first iteration struggled at the mermaids in CS, second iteration whomped for hours with only a couple bad pulls that caused wipes and as i said so far only one is 115 and havent spent much time on aa/gear yet, and they replaced characters with years of development/gear.
i set up an audio trigger trying to tune the mages casting to get the best use of alliance, with 2 in the group it goes off every other fight or so, assuming the critters being killed can live long enough to get hit enough to trigger, with all 3 fairly consistently about 30 seconds in there is a big 3 mil point burst from alliance, longer fights with just the one 115 mage casting it it can go off 2-3 times if the fight drags on. keep in mind each fulmination strike is roughly the same damage as a 115 wiz mana burn, this will only improve when the other 2 reach 115 and will be casting as well.
other benefit is when SK goes down, before it was a toss up as to how quick the paladin would jump in and actually tank instead of try and play cleric letting the thing rampage thru the group, requiring more heals. now SK can rez pause a second pop unity and be at least half buffed, meanwhile the pets are having fun playing taunt tag back and forth with the well occupied critter.
admittedly there are ton of benefits to using a melee dps group, but the gear including type 5 and 7 augs are critical. mage group can be up in minimal time with shit gear and still have mindmelting dps in a burn

So I have a group with zerker mage and beastlord as the main dps. Iā€™m not impressed with the beastlord at all so Iā€™m looking to replace him. You think a second zerker would be the way to go? I plan to PL and ice encrust him as far as weapons and on his gear for now. Can 2 berserkers set off their alliance stuff? Do berserkers have an alliance spell/ability?

So I have a group with zerker mage and beastlord as the main dps. Iā€™m not impressed with the beastlord at all so Iā€™m looking to replace him. You think a second zerker would be the way to go? I plan to PL and ice encrust him as far as weapons and on his gear for now. Can 2 berserkers set off their alliance stuff? Do berserkers have an alliance spell/ability?
2 zerkers can during burns when they have their little doppleganger out.
bsts scale weird and you really need to be juiced to get the best out of them. they need AAs and a good pet ear and 2h to shine. they bring a solid amount of adps for your other toons and good sustain with paragon stuffs

zerks you want the CoV t3 weapon over the ice encrusted if you're just group-geared.

if you're not feeding these toons with a bard, you might consider doing that. as well.

I do 2zerk and a bst and have great success - but as i always mentioned enjoying your team > anything else

2 zerkers can during burns when they have their little doppleganger out.
bsts scale weird and you really need to be juiced to get the best out of them. they need AAs and a good pet ear and 2h to shine. they bring a solid amount of adps for your other toons and good sustain with paragon stuffs

zerks you want the CoV t3 weapon over the ice encrusted if you're just group-geared.

if you're not feeding these toons with a bard, you might consider doing that. as well.

I do 2zerk and a bst and have great success - but as i always mentioned enjoying your team > anything else
Yeah Iā€™m running SK, SHM, Bard, Zerk, Mage, Beast. What is this Zerk doppelgƤnger you speak of? Iā€™m running MQ2Berzerker so I assume it is already using that?

Question - Addition to the box crew

Users who are viewing this thread

Back