• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Strategy - Adding a Beastlord to Caster Group (1 Viewer)

RedCents
47¢
So, I finally broke down and decided to add a BST to my group. Been wanting to solo and play one forever, but I keep getting distracted.

Anyway, my main is wizard. I just /nuke resume, and he's a portable auto-cannon. I have a mage running the group since there's the constant worry of the pet going down and getting murdered because of it, but he's basically another /nuke resume and he casts swarm pets, nukes, auto mod rods, for some reason NOT the "of many" nuke that buffs all the swarm pets. But that's just another reason he runs the group.

Now I'm adding in my BST, and I try the normal /nuke resume. The pet goes in and attacks. He casts his one and only ice nuke when it refreshes. But that's about it. He won't even cast his swarm pet spells OR DoTs. He just sits there lobbing icicles at the mob. And he won't physically start attacking at all unless I go over to his window and manually turn attack on.

I guess the easy answer is to make him the head of the group and leave the two casters on auto. But that also means the mage isn't going to be casting any "of many" nukes to buff the crap out of the 9-10 swarm pets that are going to be out that I'll have to manually cast swarm spells or dots or whatever else the BST isn't doing manually as well.

Does anyone have experience with this kind of set up?

So, I finally broke down and decided to add a BST to my group. Been wanting to solo and play one forever, but I keep getting distracted.

Anyway, my main is wizard. I just /nuke resume, and he's a portable auto-cannon. I have a mage running the group since there's the constant worry of the pet going down and getting murdered because of it, but he's basically another /nuke resume and he casts swarm pets, nukes, auto mod rods, for some reason NOT the "of many" nuke that buffs all the swarm pets. But that's just another reason he runs the group.

Now I'm adding in my BST, and I try the normal /nuke resume. The pet goes in and attacks. He casts his one and only ice nuke when it refreshes. But that's about it. He won't even cast his swarm pet spells OR DoTs. He just sits there lobbing icicles at the mob. And he won't physically start attacking at all unless I go over to his window and manually turn attack on.

I guess the easy answer is to make him the head of the group and leave the two casters on auto. But that also means the mage isn't going to be casting any "of many" nukes to buff the crap out of the 9-10 swarm pets that are going to be out that I'll have to manually cast swarm spells or dots or whatever else the BST isn't doing manually as well.

Does anyone have experience with this kind of set up?
You forgot to mention what type of automation you are using as that will help.

In general though, make sure you have a MA set so the rest of the toons in your group know what and when to attack.

I don't recognise the /nuke but is it part of mq2afnuke ?

You could try using some other automation to control your team i.e. CWTN plugins, kissassist, rgmercs etc. Depending on the tool you use you will have a lot more control and more options. i.e. if you use kissassist there are a load of ini files people have loaded up that will allow your team to buff up, slow, mez dps etc (depending on class)

In my instance my main team consists of SK, Shm, Bst, Dru, Mage and Enc but I do swap in other classes depending on mood. I tend to use CWTN plugins or kissassist (depends if I am on test or live). I control the team via my SK.

The Bst gives my team a nice boost on the melee front and I feel is a nice addition to my team. The toons I usually run may not be the optimal setup but each one is a class that I am happy to play individually when I group up with guild members (or a PUG) or taking part in an alt raid.

You forgot to mention what type of automation you are using as that will help.

In general though, make sure you have a MA set so the rest of the toons in your group know what and when to attack.
My automation is AFNuke I guess. I just always went with it and it's always worked. But now with Beastlord... it just doesn't do much for him.

I think the easiest way would be to try out RGMercs.

Check out the wiki which will explain how to install rgmercs on your BST.

Once setup then just form your group as normal and run /rgstart on your bst (target the MA 1st). You can then "/rg chaseon" so your BST follows your MA and will attack when required.

Next steps would be to tryout :-

The mq2bst CWTN plugin is excellent but unless you play on test you have to pay for it​

KissAssist and MuleAssist are also good, you need to setup ini files with the actions to perform but you can download these from the .ini and configurations setup on these forums.​

There is also a Lua version of rgmercs which provides a nice UI to control the tool. I've only had a little play with a bard so still getting the hang of it.​
Also worth thinking about using those tools on your Mag/Wiz as you would be able to manage your buffs / pet toys / burns. It takes more time to setup than afnuke but you can gain a lot more benefits.

Strategy - Adding a Beastlord to Caster Group

Users who are viewing this thread

Back