• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Addicted to WoW (1 Viewer)

roflwaffles

banned
BANNED
RedCents
World of Warcraft has also come under criticism for stories of game addictions to the popular video game. In June of 2005 it was reported that a four month old child had suffocated due to neglect by her World of Warcraft-addicted parents who were reportedly at a nearby cafe playing World of Warcraft. In August of that year, the government of the People's Republic of China decided to enforce control over how many hours the country's 20 million gamers can play.

Dr. Maressa Orzack, a clinical psychologist at McLean Hospital in Newton, Massachusetts, was interviewed August 8, 2006 stating that of the 6 million subscribers "I'd say that 40 percent of the players are addicted." Note that the 40 percent figure was not derived from a scientific study overseen by Dr. Orzack, but rather came from "a forum that Nick Yee runs". She added in an August 2006 interview that "even if the percentage is 5 to 10 percent which is standard for most addictive behaviors, it is a huge number of people who are out of control." Also, according to Dr. John Grohol, a colleague of Orzack's, "Dr. Orzack is not claiming that up to 40% of World of Warcraft gamers are addicted based upon any actual evidence or surveys of players. This is just her opinion, based upon her own experience and observation of the problem."

It was EQ.....and it was me. My whole family drowned because I left the tub running. Don’t look at me that way Overlord MM had to be brought down!!!!

Stupid.....

Addicted to WoW

Users who are viewing this thread

Back