• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Achievements Missing Old Content (1 Viewer)

RedCents
920¢
I have not really paid attention to my achievements that much. but last night I noticed I don't have anything from old content. Example I have completed all of PoP and luclin years ago. These toons are 20 years old. Is there a way to update these with npc? Or do I have to do it all again if I want the achievement?

When the achievement system was added, they had no way to verify that older characters had done them or not. Thus, no achievements were back-granted and all would need to be done again in order to get the check box.

Except for all the PoP flagging shit... if your toon is fully flagged for PoP, then you should also get all the associated PoP achievements (which are basically all of them).

I have not really paid attention to my achievements that much. but last night I noticed I don't have anything from old content. Example I have completed all of PoP and luclin years ago. These toons are 20 years old. Is there a way to update these with npc? Or do I have to do it all again if I want the achievement?
I laughed the day I got the achievement when logging into Guild Lobby. Later it became clear WHY I got that achievement as I went after the artisans prize. I remember how I felt when I realized how those achievements are related. Dismay was more the feeling that day. It isn't much, but here is a redcent for your unhappy moment. May it help a bit.

Re: PoP achievement

If you have done the trade quests, with Aid Grimel, for the ear item ( Signet of the Arcane or Signet of Might) , i found that flag to be missing. I had completed it back in the day when PoP was the current live content.

Councilman Taldarius (the robed guy besides AG up in the PoK library tower), is for turn in conversion. Taking caster -> melee , or, melee -> caster of the ear item. If you do that, then the Aid Grimel achievement is populated as done.

PoP - Quests - Signet of the Arcane

I felt this was important, as it's a step stone towards the Artisan's Prize tasks.

I did that very thing a little time ago, as I was reading into the AP, and didn't wish to re-do all the work if it wasn't necessary. Up the tower, gave my earing, got the other earring handed back, and the achievement in the journal.

As a side comment, I do not know if there is similar for SoL - Quests - Earring of Solstice, as I hadn't done that before and did that fresh and got the achievement.
Whilst it's heavy on the tradeskills, I think it's significantly easier to redo than the PoP quest, with less farming.

Regards and Best Wishes

Question - Achievements Missing Old Content

Users who are viewing this thread

Back