• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Accounts missing TBM after Patch (1 Viewer)

RedCents
224¢
Has anyone heard anything about TBM being removed from accounts after this patch, or experienced anything like this before? I have 12 accounts and the 6 that were part of the chargeback ban wave now are missing TBM. All 6 accounts went from level 105 to level 100 also. Everything was fine this morning before the patch.

I just noticed a similar thing - I have 6 accounts which were part of the wave. 3 now have been stripped of TBM and 1 says "your access to this game has been revoked contact customer support" - This account was logged in after the patch and working fine - I logged out and it was banned. Thinking they have a new approach to last weeks wave ban?

Yeppers, some of mine, that were 105, and were part of the ban wave (although hard to tell why as I used both TBM and Heroic keys), are now 100.

My main, SHM, is ok cause I used SC to TBM him. My mage seems ok so musta used SC on that acct. My purchased pally is ok, but that was beta-key TBM'd, my 105 Wiz I won is ok, again beta-keyed.

Lost my War, CLR, BRD. This might be a game changer for me... I have to think about my options at this point. 'IF' I pony up for SC TBM, they gonna give me 105 and all the AA's back?

Ima puke...

And that folks, is why I was afraid of this 'weekly' patch!

9b732c3b68b48d2740bd4e05eb4249c7.png

I think DBG is trying to kill everquest.

Looks like I got hit with it too. All the accounts that were bought with the keys are now showing Access to the game has been revoked and logging into Web User Console it says Banned

Going through all my accounts now. So far 46 accounts are listed as banned

Yeppers, some of mine, that were 105, and were part of the ban wave (although hard to tell why as I used both TBM and Heroic keys), are now 100.

My main, SHM, is ok cause I used SC to TBM him. My mage seems ok so musta used SC on that acct. My purchased pally is ok, but that was beta-key TBM'd, my 105 Wiz I won is ok, again beta-keyed.

Lost my War, CLR, BRD. This might be a game changer for me... I have to think about my options at this point. 'IF' I pony up for SC TBM, they gonna give me 105 and all the AA's back?

Ima puke...

And that folks, is why I was afraid of this 'weekly' patch!

That sucks... I haven't been back long enough to even start on TBM... For a game this old you'd think they'd shut up and take the money and let shit go.

Yeah, the one account I had hit with the original ban is missing expansion and char is 100. My other accounts are fine.

I can log in fine though, this char was Heroic and TBM keyed. I guess I am going to leave them at 100 until I find out what they are doing about the Heroic keys (Roll back 1-85 xp? Not sure).

I don't have a huge problem with this, but COMMUNICATE it for Innoruuk's sake.

We have two issues here:

1) Accounts with TBM removed
2) Accounts banned

If you're part of group 2, please make a new thread and let's try to figure this out, since Daybreak isn't going to communicate with their customers.

Ok, ponied up for TBM via SC on one of the accts and BAM 105 again, and AA's restored FYI...

Remember to krono up to get the discount...

Also remember that many of us said we would be happy to pony up the missing monies for TBM... turns out, I aint so happy afterall...

[EDIT] Ok all 3 accounts restored to 105 and the AA's. Cost me nearly $100 to do it...

I really am afraid of next week...

Last edited:
If you have an account that was paid for with cash - Youre FINE.
If you have an account that had a cheap expansion key and no cheap heroic keys - They removed the expansions.
If you have an account that had a cheap expansion key + cheap heroic key - They BANNED your account.

well, it seems like coinstop is right. I am victim to what he said, all my X-pacs removed, no accounts are banned but I also did not purchase any heroic keys.

I just spent two weeks PLing too, jeeze louise I wish they'd have let me known sooner. Now I gotta re redo all my inis cause I am not buying 20 accounts of TBM this week.

This kinda does seem like a mixup to me, at least on the banned part. Why unban some people just to reban them? Especially after admitting you'd done goofed on the first place? It doesn't make sense and sure we all may make fun of daybreak but they were a company successful enough to buy out EQ, they must have some sense.

If you have an account that was paid for with cash - Youre FINE.
If you have an account that had a cheap expansion key and no cheap heroic keys - They removed the expansions.
If you have an account that had a cheap expansion key + cheap heroic key - They BANNED your account.

Not accurate here. Cheap tbm, cheap heroic. Not banned, but expansion lost. Account is gold.

Emails are now coming out about the bans or expansions.

Greetings,
We regret to inform you that the EverQuest: The Broken Mirror expansion has been removed from the account: **********
The expansion key that you redeemed to unlock EverQuest: The Broken Mirror on this account was deactivated due to invalid payment. The credit card or other payment method used to originally purchase the key was declined or reversed by the payment processor.
If you purchased this key directly from Daybreak please contact Player Support at help.daybreakgames.com and open a support ticket. If you acquired the key from a third-party site we recommend that you contact that site for resolution. Please note that Daybreak cannot provide any refunds for invalid keys acquired from third-party sites.
Thank you for your continued support,
Daybreak Games Support

Just received this email

Rich (BB code):
Greetings,
We regret to inform you that the EverQuest: The Broken Mirror expansion has been removed from the account: xxx
The expansion key that you redeemed to unlock EverQuest: The Broken Mirror on this account was deactivated due to invalid payment. The credit card or other payment method used to originally purchase the key was declined or reversed by the payment processor.
If you purchased this key directly from Daybreak please contact Player Support at help.daybreakgames.com and open a support ticket. If you acquired the key from a third-party site we recommend that you contact that site for resolution. Please note that Daybreak cannot provide any refunds for invalid keys acquired from third-party sites.
Thank you for your continued support,
Daybreak Games Support

Same msg rec'd here, however between them removing TBM and this email I had SC'd up for fresh TBM and my toons are fine at 105 with AA's.

Both my toons had TBM removed, nice to see them communicate it beforehand!

No bans, but I also didn't buy any heroic keys FWTW

/s

At least it's not Friday at 5 this time

- - - Updated - - -

I uninstalled eq and am just done at this point. Best of luck out there guys.

Anyone get any other emails in the last few hours? Only three of the nine accounts hit with the precious ban seems to have had TBM removed (again, that's assuming the emails are accurate and something else isn't going on). Really wondering if the other six are just waiting for the script to get around to them.

Here are the two responses I have received from my ticket so far..

Max "Remdag" Oakson Yesterday at 23:00

We never said you would get to keep anything, we just decided at that time to not ban the accounts outright.

Max "Remdag" Oakson Yesterday at 23:09

I am well aware of what was sent.

But we need to be paid for the expansion.

It seems all they really care about is getting some measure of cash, regardless of the outcome in the end.

2 accounts of mine were caught up in this.

Account 1 had cheap heroic + cheap X-Pac + gold: tbm removed and not banned
Account 2 had cheap xpac + gold: had xpac removed, not banned, and listed toon at level 100. I paid for the xpac and it was restored to 105.

Are we really thinking they will remove the heroic and put the toons at level 1?

I know i twittered Revoke instead of a bannned on account for cheaper tbm keys. So i am not going to cry they yanked a couple accounts that had the tbm keys. My account they pulled the expansion are ok an where subbed with Kronos. I had a feeling they where going to revoke after they lifted that first bans they did over the 4th weekend. When they finally answered my ticket i had in. Just the way they replied to it, it left me feeling they were going to do some still. Here is what they said on July 5th. Notice the line about the keys might not be valid.

On Thursday, June 30th, Daybreak Games identified and suspended a number of accounts across EverQuest, EverQuest 2, PlanetSide 2 and DC Universe Online. These accounts had redeemed content via keys sold on third-party key selling sites. Those keys had been invalidated due to credit card chargebacks, which is often indicative of fraudulent purchases. Players should always beware of keys sold outside of Daybreak Games or our official affiliate partners like Steam.

Daybreak understands that some players may not have known that they were purchasing invalid keys. We will be reversing the suspensions through the holiday weekend so players can continue to play and enjoy our titles. However, we want to emphasize that players should be wary of any game keys purchased from sellers other than Daybreak or Steam, as those keys may not be valid, and we cannot provide any refunds for keys that were purchased from third-party sites.

Is there a way to determine which expansions are active through the website? I'm stuck at work and dying to know. I only got an email about one account, but I suspect that I was hit harder than that.

Is there a way to determine which expansions are active through the website? I'm stuck at work and dying to know. I only got an email about one account, but I suspect that I was hit harder than that.

I don't believe there is - I only got 1 email, but lost TBM on 3

Anyone get any other emails in the last few hours? Only three of the nine accounts hit with the precious ban seems to have had TBM removed (again, that's assuming the emails are accurate and something else isn't going on). Really wondering if the other six are just waiting for the script to get around to them.

To update... it didn't matter if I got an email or not... all my accounts had TBM removed.

Same. I got a single email and both accounts had TBM stripped.

Like seriously DB, this isn't hard to at least communicate with your customers before taking action. Like seriously, if they'd get their heads out of their asses they would have a much, much better relationship with their community simply by COMMUNICATING to us in a remotely timely fashion.

It sucks, I'm actually enjoying EQ and i'm just super disappointed in how terrible the response time from DB is.

re-purchased TBM and toons are back to 105 and appropriate AA. I'm very nervous that these characters will be banned and DB just scammed me into droppin more TBM money

So showing their complete and total incompetence even more instead of actually addressing any of this they lock the threads on the EQforums.

What a bunch of fucking morons.

So they haven't released any more information?
That's it? Just deal with it attitude?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. I sure as hell won't enable the 40+ accounts for this expan. Right now i'm just selling off whatever toons I have left and move on.

I imagine it is easier to downplay the issue by not having to much in the way of public record of it (honest boss, it was only a few accounts...) not to mention it would require a lot of effort on behalf of the account holder to submit tickets per account (like say Zero with his 40+, probably all from the same IP/PC... serves those darn MQers right!)

either way.. time will tell. Heck right now my server is down... again.. for maintenance! Guess the hamster wheel is out of balance...

October is the next hinted release, so I know I aint buying shit till that expac.... guess all my 100s will sit and wait to be 105/110

At least this gives me time to PLAY for a change!

Question - Accounts missing TBM after Patch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back