• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Bans - Account Banned after Jul 13th patch (1 Viewer)

Thatguy27

RedCents
124¢
It was recommended we split the pages of those who lost TBM vs who lost the account.

I was banned on 1 of my accounts where as last time I was banned on 3 of em. I don't know if that means there is more to come or what? I filed a proper petition ie:
Rich (BB code):
Banned Daybreak Login Name:
•Have you ever been banned in one of our games before?:
•Server Name:
•Character Name:
•Date of Offense:
•3rd party program used:
•Please give your side of the story:
•Ban Appeal - Why do you feel the ban should be lifted?:
•Include your dxdiag and msinfo files. Instructions can be found HERE

format, got an automated message immediately after. saying
Rich (BB code):
Please Note: this is an automated reply to your question based upon the category that you selected. You must update this ticket (with any requested information) in order for Support to assist you.

Your account has been suspended or banned based on a combination of factors including but not limited to: Cheat detection tools, video evidence, player reports, as well as direct observation.
We do not base our decisions on a single report or piece of evidence, and as such we feel very strongly that the action taken against your account is valid.

Types of processes considered cheating include:
• Running specific programs that modify the game client or game experience.
• Modifying your OS environment in an attempt to falsify data that the game accesses, this is considered malicious behavior will result in the account being banned.

Please keep in mind the following:
· No one is banned for using non-hack programs (like Fraps, overlays, etc.), however software used to modify the game or modify your system or OS environment in an attempt to falsify date that the game accesses will result in a ban. 
It doesn't matter if you only cheated once. Cheating is strictly forbidden, don't experiment, or try it even once. Once is all it takes.
· It is your responsibility to ensure that no one else has access to your system or account. We will not release your ban if someone else cheated on your account, or installed something on the system you are playing from without your knowledge. Play on a public PC at your own risk. 
· Many cheat programs work in multiple games. When a cheat program is detected that you supposedly used for a different game, it will result in a ban from all Daybreak games. 
· No details about your ban (including evidence) will be revealed. Hackers would love to have access to this information and therefore we will not disclose it. 

For more information, please view: https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/217509308

If you require further assistance not covered here or have chosen the wrong category, update this ticket at your Support History page and an agent will assist you. If we do not hear back from you within 3 days, we will consider the issue resolved and this ticket will automatically close.

If you file a petition, make sure after your automated response you UPDATE the ticket!The status will say waiting for YOU. otherwise they will close it after so long and consider it resolved

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure what the criteria is. The original ones that were banned were all aftermarket cheap TBM or heroic codes. All of em run in the same group botting, but only 1 of em gets banned this time around. Its an odd thing for sure. Will update whenever I finally get a reply.

I was able to log into the server right after the patch, wasn't banned till I logged out and tried to log back in
Also strange I was able to use the banned username to log into daybreak and file a petition.

If you do send your MSinfo or dxdialog(I did) make sure you comb it for any remnants of redguides, macroquest, etc. I know I had to edit my MSinfo because of my startmenu had redguides listed!

9b732c3b68b48d2740bd4e05eb4249c7.png

If you have an account that was paid for with cash - Youre FINE.
If you have an account that had a cheap expansion key and no cheap heroic keys - They removed the expansions.
If you have an account that had a cheap expansion key + cheap heroic key + No Gold time - They BANNED your account.

Last edited:
What about an account with just a cheap heroic key? That would make sense seeing how the 1 that was banned was TBM/Heroic I bought here, where as the other 2 that aren't banned currently but were banned previously were just cheap Heroic Keys

If you have an account that was paid for with cash - Youre FINE.
If you have an account that had a cheap expansion key and no cheap heroic keys - They removed the expansions.
If you have an account that had a cheap expansion key + cheap heroic key - They BANNED your account.

This appears to be the cause. Anyone have an exception to these rules?

I was off on mine, only 5 out of the 6 accounts that had cheap TBM keys are currently missing TBM. But all 6 had Cheap heroic keys and none of them are banned yet, I also have one account that only had a cheap heroic key (DBM purchased TBM) and everything is running normal on that toon.

Well this just sucks. Yep, just checked out my accounts. All the ones that had cheap expan keys have had the expansion removed. Now all those toons i worked at getting to 105 are back down to 100, lot of gear useless now. Dont have the funds to buy expansions for them all. Well, guess it just might be my time to quit the game for good this time.

Yeah, just double checked (fully logged in) my 2 toons that were previously banned and are cheap heroic toons. They are 100% happy and healthy. just TBM/Heroic banned. Gues they didn't care about 1 or the other but just when you doubled up?

I had all DBG purchased xpacs, but had Hero's calling on all 3 accounts.
Originally was banned on all 3, but ban was lifted.
All 3 are still in play.

Seems to be linked to cheap TBM keys?

sad.png

Pretty sure its the case and that script is still rolling everything out.
I just now am receiving emails and they are coming in one every 15 minutes or so.
Good luck everyone, Brace yourself......DBG is coming.

Just got an email from DBG. Greetings,
Rich (BB code):
We regret to inform you that the EverQuest: The Broken Mirror expansion has been removed from the account: XXXXXX
The expansion key that you redeemed to unlock EverQuest: The Broken Mirror on this account was deactivated due to invalid payment. The credit card or other payment method used to originally purchase the key was declined or reversed by the payment processor. 
If you purchased this key directly from Daybreak please contact Player Support at help.daybreakgames.com and open a support ticket. If you acquired the key from a third-party site we recommend that you contact that site for resolution. Please note that Daybreak cannot provide any refunds for invalid keys acquired from third-party sites. 
Thank you for your continued support, 
Daybreak Games Support

Interesting note that the expansion email doesn't say it is a bannable offense, just that you need to contact the third party who sold it, they cant help you.

Still believe this will push a lot of folks away from the game again. Guess they are willing to lose....oh well.

I'm getting the emails now too. No bans yet, hopefully it stays that way. Was anyone banned engaged in RMT? Maybe they "watched" the accounts after they lifted the bans the first time?

I'm getting the emails now too. No bans yet, hopefully it stays that way. Was anyone banned engaged in RMT? Maybe they "watched" the accounts after they lifted the bans the first time?

Did you have any cheap heroic keys used on these accounts?
I'm assuming the emails youre getting are for revoked expansions, correct?

I have an acct with cheap tbm key, and cheap heroic. Acct is gold, lost xpac but not banned. Going to leave them logged in and strip and check again in a few hours.

I have 3 stripped and 1 banned - think they follow the prior listed rules but not sure about the banned one. First email came in same as the other stripped ones listed here still waiting to hear from the banned account. :-(

Chatting with Playerauctions now, maybe I can resolve something out of the whole deal. Doubtful but hopeful. Maybe at least refund the $$ i paid PAs for the keys. Ill update later.

Great thank you so much, making sure my observations are still holding true.

The accounts of mine that I would assume had the most chance of being banned (meaning they were silver when this all went down and have been for months) are also still not banned, I can log in everyone now and I am sitting online every char waiting to strip if they ban me

- - - Updated - - -

Chatting with Playerauctions now, maybe I can resolve something out of the whole deal. Doubtful but hopeful. Maybe at least refund the $$ i paid PAs for the keys. Ill update later.

To much time has passed, the seller already got his disbursement. I was able to refund the second order of keys 2 days prior to the banning but not the first.

When you put the expansion on an account when your character got reset to 100 - It puts you back to 105!
Good news at least!

This appears to be the cause. Anyone have an exception to these rules?

Yes Red, I had an account with both TBM keys and Heroic keys that is NOT banned. I bought TBM with Paypal on that account just a few minutes ago and got the 105 with AA's back. It has been Gold FYI. Gold with krono bought here, not subscription...

Yes Red, I had an account with both TBM keys and Heroic keys that is NOT banned. I bought TBM with Paypal on that account just a few minutes ago and got the 105 with AA's back. It has been Gold FYI.

Hrmm my toon was gold but only 98, wonder if that is why? also Krono gold, not sub gold. Krono bought here actually. So maybe I hit the trifecta?

Side note: it just had to be my cleric taken.. Couldn't have been the beastlord or something ugh.

I've just discovered that the one account I had which was banned is no longer banned but now is stripped of the TBM key. Everything else looks the same inside still has the two heroic bags. Still only have gotten an email about one of the accounts which was stripped. I did not log an incident with customer support and of course still nothing from them on the forums so not really sure what's going on.

I've just discovered that the one account I had which was banned is no longer banned but now is stripped of the TBM key. Everything else looks the same inside still has the two heroic bags. Still only have gotten an email about one of the accounts which was stripped. I did not log an incident with customer support and of course still nothing from them on the forums so not really sure what's going on.

Confirmed! I have the account back with 20/22 expansions. I did petition but have not received a reply

Now if only MQ was up lol Poor mule is working his little heart out

Well, DBG is probably getting hosed financially with the reversal of charges. At a guess I would say someone "on high" at DBG has to come up with a plan to limit the loss as best they can. If they follow with SOE's "only buy shit from us demmit! Well and maybe Steam.... but primarily from us!" philosophy, after investigating how some folks acquired the keys... I imagine they are looking at some of the fall out as "It's your own damn fault for not buying from us at full price!"

Just guessing (from experience with dealing with "numbers" guys in management) someone may have made the decision to investigate what they can/can not do as far as turning stuff off/getting stuff back, and how much it would cost them to do it. Turning off expansions and access... probably not a big deal. Recouping granted Heroic stuff... probably a PITA. Can't just wipe it... so... huh...

Thus... "Josh, I want you to simply remove the expansion from those accounts that have violated us! If they know what's good for them, they will send us money!"

"But Sir... what about the Heroic issue...."

"Josh...thats just... argh! Screw it... ban those guys. We have to show we are doing SOMETHING dammit! Then later on, we can lift the ban like we did with the expansion folks... once we figure out how to take it all away....and of course we make those players pay us more money! Now , get it right this time Josh!

Josh.jpg

Bans - Account Banned after Jul 13th patch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back