• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Access Your Blocked Websites (1 Viewer)

Boswell said:
dont work for me ! my server admins are smarter than BIGGI's :p

Mine is automated. It will catch this one sooner or later ;)

test one still works for me but is down atm.

Creed said:
yeah...i never postedback here...it was blocked for me the day after i said it worked...damn AMC people :(

WoW weird incase you forgot Creed im on the same BASE you are and its not blocked for me. funny yes indeed some Admins are better then others. hell i had to tell mine how to boot windows in safe mode.............

All i get is

Problem Report
Access denied to the system by SmartFilter.

Message ID
SMARTFILTER_DENIED Secure Computing

Problem Description
System policy has denied access to the requested URL because of its content.

Problem Cause
The requested URL was denied, as specified in the SmartFilter Content Filter configuration. The content category: Anonymizer/Translator.

Possible Solution
Contact your network support team if this problem persists, and provide the team your account information.

Using the IP works on mine too, I've been on thottbot and alla for hours now. I'm so getting fired soon.

by the way... centralops.net/co go to 'domain dossier' and you can get an ip for anything...

Damnit, strike that. Alla was minimized and it just gave me "Chances are if you are here, you shouldn't be" message on a blank screen. O well, i tried. Thottbot works though.

Re: Get on any site in the web

This has been hit on before, but it's nice to keep getting similar sites. The first, if my memory serves me well, was hidemyass.com but it was blocked already at my work, but then a savior posted proxify.com and i've always used it.

btw - www.3proxy.com is blocked at my work anyway, but www.proxify.com isn't yet

Last edited:
Re: Get on any site in the web

proxify is blocked at my work...but not hidethineasses

BTW...i've merged the old thread and this one

Forbidden
You were denied access because:
Access denied by SmartFilter content category. The requested URL belongs to the following category: Anonymizers.

ROFLMAOLOLBBQSAUCENOOBPAWNZORSZROFLCOPTERLOLLERSCATESNOOBBBQSAUCEOFTHECHINAMENOFAMERICALOLPAWN'DJ00NOOBSTHATISGAYSTUPIDWEBSITEISMAKINGMEMAD!!!!

eat that WCPSS bitcheds

Hey guys.

I posted this earlier in this forum, then it was moved to the General Forum which I promptly deleted. I feel this kind of info should be a perk of being a full member. Without further adieu, I present to you, my guide for SSH web surfing.

Here's the guide.

SSH Tunneling and You.

The following guide assumes you have some working knowledge of Linux.

Prerequisites include a working Linux server running SSH on your home broadband connection. Most flavors of Linux come with SSH installed as an option, this isn't a Linux tutorial so I'm not getting into it.

Now, on to the meat and potatoes.

SSH stands for "Secure Shell". Because of it's level of security, most organizations allow connections OUT from their firewalls on this port (22).

And that is great news for us.

So, you have a linux server on your home network which is running SSH. It's behind a firewall, (it IS behind a firewall isn't it?) you have the SSH port 22 port-forwarded to the server IP, you can accept connections externally to your server via SSH, your ready to take back your privacy!

------------------------
Ok, before we get into the instruction, lets first explain what it is we're doing.

SSH being a secure shell allows us to remotely connect to our home linux server. This is usually only used for remote server administration, checking e-mail via pine etc etc.

What we are going to do, is establish an SSH connection to our home server, and "tunnel" our local http requests through this connection.

This does a few very good things. It allows you to surf your favorite gaming websites without being blocked by firewalls with rules to prevent access to said sites.. (Websense, FW-1, etc)

Everything you do, every website you visit, all your chat, IM's whatever is encrypted. That means, noone can see what your doing. It's secure.
-------------------------

Ok. First you need to download Putty. Putty is a SSH client that will do the communication to your home server. You can get it free here: www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html

Once downloaded, unzip the file and execute.

You will be prompted with the following screen:

10zy1.jpg

Highlight "Session" and on the right options panel enter your valid domain name (eg. myownserver.com) or WAN IP address of your home network (eg. 69.142.2.1) under "Hostname /IP address".

20hi.jpg

Next, from the left hand menu select "SSH" and then "Tunnels". First select the "Dynamic" radio button from the right and enter 3000 for the "Source Port" and click "Add".

Finally, click "Open".

You should be prompted with a dialog box that says something along the lines of "The server you are trying to contact requires a certificate for security purposes, Accept?" Just click yes to this option and you should be prompted with a login: prompt. Login using your root username and password.

We're done. Simply minimize the window. Do not close it. If it's closed, so is your SSH tunnel.
Sometimes this connection will timeout due to inactivity. If it does, just reconnect.

Now, open Firefox and go to your internet options. Click on connection settings and setup your options to look exactly like I have in the following example.

34of1.jpg

Save and restart Firefox.

Your surfing securely, and without a firewall.

This obviously has ALOT of uses. If your like me and value your privacy this can be used ANYWHERE. Hotels, WI-FI access points, onsite consultations where you don't want to use your clients corporate firewall, your college firewall (for gaming, MP3's) etc etc. Obviously, if your using this from a college campus, your either A) gonna need a linux server on your parents/friends broadband or B) a linux shell account that allows SSH.(most do and are WIDELY available on the net for free or nominal monthly fees).

Hope you all find this guide useful, and or helpful. I'll answer any questions you may have should you run into any issues. (If you have your own linux server, you should be able to do this LOL)

Holy Sh*t!!! that is a bit more complicated than my stoopid a*s can figure out...isnt there anything that will work on frickin AF computers......AHHHHHHHHHHH

My above posted guide will allow you to do ANYTHING securely and through work/college firewalls.

Linux is running on your server at HOME.

THe only thing you need on your rescricted client is Putty. Which does not need to be installed, it's a self contained exe.

So throw it on a pen drive, or in your gmail account.

rofl owned

I'm not going through all that trouble toaccess some WoW sites.

letmein I want to thank you for the effort you put forth. I hope you make the list this month.

Biggi thanks for the good word.

The problem with anonymizers is that huge corporations pay gatekeeping software manufacturers alot of money to keep those sites up to date and blocked so there is no way to circumvent their proxy scheme.

Companies like Websense and FW-1 do weekly updates so if your favorite anonymizer is still unblocked, it's simply a matter of time before it IS blocked. By you going to the site, the software sends those URLS to the software company, and if they are found to be something that SHOULD be blocked, they are added to the next definition update sent out to each company in the weekly update. Kind of like your friendly anti-virus suite.

My method circumvents everything that could ever be blocked. Unless of course SSH is shutdown. Trouble with this is, most corporations can't afford to shut this down due to vendor support, etc etc.

Like I said earlier, there are free hosts on the net that provide Linux shell accounts and allow SSH.

http://www.ductape.net/~mitja/freeunix.shtml

This is a list of the most popular free shell account sites.

So you don't need to have the linux server at home.

i seriously hate my net admin, he has managed to block every fucking proxy site I know about...

such a fgt!

edit:: i found one that is awesome, but I'm not gonna just give it out, PM me for details.

Erol-Tob said:
i seriously hate my net admin, he has managed to block every fucking proxy site I know about...

such a fgt!

edit:: i found one that is awesome, but I'm not gonna just give it out, PM me for details.

Uhmmm. Read my post much? LOL

Stick your fgt-as net admin where it counts, and surf securely.

SSH FTW!

Access Your Blocked Websites

Users who are viewing this thread

Back