• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

A sweet pause for players of warcrafts crusade (1 Viewer)

colekutz

RedCents
Warcrafts Product Review: Archer Farms Italian Sodas

For all here who enjoy the action and chillers of playing warcrafts crusade, we wanted to recommend a new phosphate we have been enjoying as a sweet break to playing the game.

We have a store here in our district which is named Target and we have been told it is located in provinces across the United States as well. We have all been buying bottle after bottle of the Archer Farms Italian Soda in so many flavors we have lost count.

italian_soda.jpg

We invite all who play warcrafts crusade to pour the coldest glass in the house of one of these sodas and place it safely near the computer while joining the fun on the game. We were able to sip and fight for hours and the sweet flavor never reminded us of anything we would care to forget.

One of us noted last week that not only was this soda a perfect fit for times when we play the game, but one favorite variety is the Italian Blood Orange soda! One of us howled with glee upon reading such a soda label and then slurping its contents as we played warcrafts crusade with the elf who is ALSO of blood and has hair that is ORANGE!

Wow, thanks for the heads up Colekutz!

Does anyone ever find themselves craving the in-game food? I can't count the amount of times I've right clicked on "Ice Cold Glass of Milk" and run downstairs and poured myself one.

The same goes for "Crunchy Spider Legs" and "Thunder Ale". I had to get creative with the Spider Legs and settle for Red Lobster's All-You-Can-Eat Fried Crab Leg Buffet.

This is to remind us of a problem we ourselves have been having in warcrafts crusade. We have bought and installed the game and even have an Elf ColeKutz.

We saw that warcrafts crusade had SO MANY sweet treats to be both bought and made. We are not sure if all know this but to become a baker in warcrafts crusade is allowed.

The problem we see is so much of the food we can buy is of a red color and will not allow us to eat it no matter how hard we try. Others can eat it and take it from us almost without apology. We would very much like to make all sorts of incredible treats and sell them to others in this game, as we do here in the real America, but we are baffled as to how that can be put into action.

As for eating the legs of a SPIDER we think you are MUCH better to eat the sweet meat of a crab! We are almost ALWAYS ready for a snack and seeing the snacks that others eat in warcraft often keeps our kitchen in the next room very much alive when one of us is playing.

Wow, thanks for the heads up Colekutz!

Does anyone ever find themselves craving the in-game food? I can't count the amount of times I've right clicked on "Ice Cold Glass of Milk" and run downstairs and poured myself one.

Good point, Gaston. I DEMAND A NA.COM ARTICLE ON THIS SUBJECT!

I mean, any serious WoW snack has to be fit-for-purpose i.e.
- able to eat with one hand (num lock auto-run and steer with mouse - stoppings a bitch tho!)
- quick. lets scoff this shit down and get back to pwning some mobs!
- not messy. The last thing you need whilst fighting Drakkisath is too spill some hot cheezy sauce all over your crotch.
- satisfying. lets scoff this shit down and get back to pwning some mobs for a reasonable amount of time without having to continually run to and from the kitchen in search of chewies.
- noisey. For fun, turn your TS push-to-talk off and annoy the hell out of your friends whilst eating the crunchiest crisps (or chips as you US ppl say) evar!
- calorific and laden with unsaturated fats. We're supposed to be fat, spotty, unloved geeks - LET'S KEEP IT THAT WAY! After all we have a reputation to protect.

/cold pizza

Bits of hot cheeze and extras fall off when it's hot whereas when cold everything sticks together.

/re-heated in the microwave pizza

same as above but it's hot, but dont let it cooldown too much, the crust gets harder than dog crap in a cold snap.

Good point, Gaston. I DEMAND A NA.COM ARTICLE ON THIS SUBJECT!

I mean, any serious WoW snack has to be fit-for-purpose i.e.
- able to eat with one hand (num lock auto-run and steer with mouse - stoppings a bitch tho!)
- quick. lets scoff this shit down and get back to pwning some mobs!
- not messy. The last thing you need whilst fighting Drakkisath is too spill some hot cheezy sauce all over your crotch.
- satisfying. lets scoff this shit down and get back to pwning some mobs for a reasonable amount of time without having to continually run to and from the kitchen in search of chewies.
- noisey. For fun, turn your TS push-to-talk off and annoy the hell out of your friends whilst eating the crunchiest crisps (or chips as you US ppl say) evar!
- calorific and laden with unsaturated fats. We're supposed to be fat, spotty, unloved geeks - LET'S KEEP IT THAT WAY! After all we have a reputation to protect.

You have confused us greatly by asking for that which has prior been done.

Did you not read this?

http://www.notaddicted.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4174

or the flavorwave oven.... that thing they advertise at 2am.

pretty sure that would work ok.

Greetings all
An incredible weekend was had in the magic lands of warcrafts crusade. We are back at the bakery now but much to our delight it was on Sunday that we became the level of 4 in the game.

Since this is where we discuss food that delights us when it is time to play, we wanted to share the recipe we all worked to make on Saturday which was eaten happily during our play time. We found it to be both cool and full of pep which allowed us to be the victors. It may very well be the warcrafts crusade snack of highest esteem!

Coffee Spiced Lamb with Minted Coffee Sauce

cfelmb.jpg

Lamb and mint are a classic pairing. We wanted to showcase this wonderful combination in a more provocative way, so we adapted some favorite recipes to punch up the spiciness. The fennel used in the marinade adds brightness, and the coffee used in both the marinade and sauce adds a burst of unexpected richness to the flavor profile of this dish. As with all of our coffee recipes, we recommend using the highest-quality beans you can find, grinding them just before use (you can use the same type of beans for both the grounds and liquid espresso).

Serves 4 (but we made enough for 7)

Ingredients

8 double-thick lamb chops

For the coffee marinade:2 teaspoons garlic, finely chopped
1 tablespoon dark roast coffee, finely ground
¼ cup olive oil
½ cup Pinot Noir
½ teaspoon whole mixed peppercorns
½ teaspoon fennel seeds
½ teaspoon cumin seeds
½ teaspoon mustard seeds
½ teaspoon coriander seed
2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
½ teaspoon coarse kosher salt

For the sauce:
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup chanterelle mushrooms (or best variety available), sliced
1 large shallot, minced
1 ½ cups Pinot Noir
2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, chopped
2 cups chicken stock (use lamb stock if available)
¼ cup freshly brewed espresso
½ teaspoon honey
1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon cold water
1 ½ tablespoons butter, at room temperature
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

Preparation

Prepare the marinade:
Grind the dried spices for the marinade in a spice grinder, allowing the spices to settle before removing the lid. Mix with the rest of the marinade ingredients in a non-reactive bowl.

Place lamb in large non-reactive dish and cover with marinade, rubbing spices and liquids into the meat. Cover and refrigerate for approximately 3 to 4 hours. Bring to room temperature before cooking.

For the sauce:
Sauté the mushrooms and shallots in butter and olive oil over medium-high heat until shallots are translucent and mushrooms have given off their liquid. Add the red wine and bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes. Stir in mint, chicken stock, espresso, and honey and reduce the sauce by half. Stir in cornstarch mixture bit by bit to thicken sauce to desired consistency. Remove from heat and add butter. Adjust seasoning to taste. Keep the sauce warm until service.

Grill the lamb:
Remove lamb and wipe off most of the marinade. Cook lamb on a hot grill until medium rare, or until 125°F. 8 minutes per side should be sufficient. Remove from grill and tent with foil, allowing meat to rest for 5-10 minutes before service.

Service

Place 2 lamb chops per serving on the presentation plate, with bones crossing. Spoon warm sauce over chops. Garnish with a sprig of mint.

Are those lemonades sold in the UK?
I WANT THEM BAD /DROOOOOOOOOOL:shifty:

Also, that lamb sounds luverlly, but I'd rather have chicken:P

Ged

In the reference of these sweet sodas we fear that your luck has run out for the Target markets are only built in American provinces.

But, three of us demanded that you be asked if your residence grats you easy access to the great city of London. If it does you are in MUCH luck. To create a crisp and controlled italian soda much like these in your home you need only make a trip to Harrod's and ask a member of the staff for the foods section. In there you will find a syrup of manufacture by true italians of the surname Torani. They even have website www.torani.com.

Mixing this fine syurp with what you British refer to as tonic water will create an italian soda much like that purveyed by Target. We have seen syrup bottles such as this ourselves at Harrods when several of us made a trip to research the world's finest nougats for our bakery.

For those who need the hot of the Warcrafts Crusade burn we need to make sure that another drink is known to you.

Sometimes the crisp burn of a fine drink can clear the nose and allow the mind to stab sharply. If you are able to purchase Blenheim's Ginger ale in your local provence we urge you strongly to do so. Please exercise care in purchasing the hot variety with a cap of red.

While stabbing and jumping we sip from this spice drink. It makes us so happy to know such an ale is made. We will warnt hat one must NEVER hold such a drink in the mouth for long before the swallow as to spit it all over a computer will follow. The technical whiz who helps us with our computers was very angry to see such a mess.

blenheim-ginger_ale_hot.jpg

There are many who talk of this spice drink on the webpages.

http://blenheimshrine.com/

I am trying to locate that Blenheim Ginger Ale out here in San Diego. Sounds like my kind of drink. I won't drive to LA for it, but I'll hunt it out or buy online and have it shipped to me.

Thanks for the info, Kutz!

We have often seen the large problem with this fantastic drink to be how hard to find it is made to be. If once does not live close to the provence South Carolina where it is made it is very difficult to see for sale. While it may be mailed to one a charge for shipping is so expensive as to equal $45 for one case of the 1903 hot variety.

It is a costly treat for sure but a treat that we feel those who are able to afford must know about.

When I lived in the US, I was addicted to this drink called Mauna Lai , is that still sold?
And for WOW compatible food, I really have to go for Iso's neck of the woods, can't beat sushi or (if you go chinese) dim sum for gaming. They're little bites, really healthy and you get to eat with chop sticks on a paper/plastic plate which you then throw away avoiding dish washing altogether.

SAKE.

hot, cold, room temperature.

preferred heating method for the hot variety is to place the bottle whole (lid off, of course) in a simmering pot of water. never microwave your sake, as it ruins the love to be found within.

WTB WoW mod that orders Papa Johns without even alt tabbing over PST

Alsoteh whiskey's real easy to keep by teh comp fir noob pwnage if you can drink it outta teh botul

and reel cheep tu

We have often seen the large problem with this fantastic drink to be how hard to find it is made to be. If once does not live close to the provence South Carolina where it is made it is very difficult to see for sale. While it may be mailed to one a charge for shipping is so expensive as to equal $45 for one case of the 1903 hot variety.

It is a costly treat for sure but a treat that we feel those who are able to afford must know about.

I was able to locate this wonderful beverage at one of the local BevMo's down here in sunny San Diego. It was the lovely make with the pink cap and I must say, this stuff has some serious bite to it. Price was approx. $1.50 per bottle and i grabbed every last one off the shelf.

Thanks for the great bit of info, Kutz!

Can't find any of those lovely-sounding drinks here :( ... Have to settle for the RockStar and Jager, or vodka, or Crown....or rubbing alcohol.

Utah alcohol laws ftl.

A sweet pause for players of warcrafts crusade

Users who are viewing this thread

Back