• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

A Stunning Victory... (1 Viewer)

Erol-Tob

RedCents
Well I know many people probably watched the World Cup. As I am sure that many people probably couldn't care less about it.

Here is a basic rundown of what happened in the final, for anyone who missed it.

Its FRANCE.... versus..... ITALY. Two huge rivals, and two great teams. In the first half, France managed to score on a penalty, the massive Zidane behind the footpower, with the ball hitting the crossbar and slamming down behind the line. Italy was soon to catch up, with an amazing goal by Materazzi. The first half ended with a tie of 1 - 1. The second half, there was no progression whatsoever, and the 2nd half ended in a tie. The game went into overtime, for 30 minutes, which is the maximum alotted time for overtime. This is when Zidane was sent off the field for slamming his head into Materazzi's chest. The overtime ended with a tie of 1 - 1.

Now the only way to decide the winner was through penalty kicks. Each team got 5 penalty kicks, team with best score wins. So they began.

This is how that went.

M = Miss
X = Score

1st Round
Italy X
France X

2nd Round

Italy X
France M

3rd Round

Italy X
France X

4th Round

Italy X
France X

5th Round

Italy X
France -

And So, Italy Won On Penalty Kicks. 5 - 3.
This was the first time since 1994 that a world cup match was to be decided by penalty kicks.

Overall a great game, both teams played their best, and that's all that matters.

that materazzi is a racist piece of shit :mad: :mad: theres no otherway to put it...

zidane has been playing for about 16 years and in that time has recieved only 4 red cards in that time.
Plus He knows the french team look up to him and is reknown for good sports-manship materazzi had provoked him to the limit where even Zidane cracked by calling him something along the lines of *putain d'arab espèce de terroriste*= *fucking arab terrorist* and before that purple nurpling him.
Furthermore there is a 2 sec difference between the moment materazzi got headbutted and thru him self on the floor kicking Zidane in the balls.
Did you see Buffon on the replays?? he was so humiliated and felt so bad for Zidane.

And the most outrageous thing is that Zidane was sent out because of video footage!! that is sacriledge to football! either you incorporate and use it all the time or you dont use it at all! imagine all the penaltys the french would have had if the refs had use video footage during the whole game.

Ok the first penalty was kinda generous at the begining but the ref only gave it to the french because the Italians are known to be notorious in the first 10 minutes of a game. But you have to admit that there was atleast 1 penalty the french should have had in the second half of the game. :mad:

So please cut the
stunning victory
crap cause Italy won by penaltys which is the most unglorious way to win a final and they only survived til penaltys cause they got Zidane kicked out :mad: !!!

lol, funny thing is most of the shit you said was right, but i wasnt really being biased towards any side, i would have said the same if france had won. So don't cry too much over the fact the title was "a stunning victory"

ye sorry erol-tob... the final really pissed me off and ruined my "champs elysées" partying plans and i'm sorry i had to get get that load off my chest here... you seemed completly neutral in tour thread so I apologize for being rude to you

It wasn't quite a stunning victory, but I'm still glad Italy won :D. I think you should get a red card if you knock someone to the ground regardless of what they said. There is no proof he called Zidane a terrorist, even Zidane hasn't confirmed what was said (last I checked.)

Most of what you said is not true.

Han'jin said:
that materazzi is a racist piece of shit :mad: :mad: theres no otherway to put it...

So far you don't know that at all, Materazzi denied it and Zidan didn't say anything yet.

zidane has been playing for about 16 years and in that time has recieved only 4 red cards in that time.

ahem,

Zinédine Zidane has been sent off 14 times in his career, two more than Vinnie Jones. Here are those red cards in full . . .

Sep 1993: Marcel Desailly, the Marseilles defender, punches him and the Bordeaux midfield player retaliates in kind.

Aug 1995: Slaps Thorsten Fink, a Karlsruhe player, in the face.

Oct 1995: Sees red for a tackle from behind on Frédéric Mendy, a Martigues player.

Sep 1996: At Juventus, sent off against Perugia after two bookings.

Jan 1997: Punches Enrico Chiesa, of Parma.

June 1998: Stamps on Fuad Amin, the Saudi Arabia captain, during World Cup finals.

Oct 1998: Commits a two-footed challenge on Paolo Sousa, the Inter Milan player.

Oct 1999: Receives a second yellow card for diving against AS Roma.

Sep 2000: Late challenge on Emerson, the Deportivo La Coruña midfield player, in Champions League.

Oct 2000: Butts Jochen Kientz, of SV Hamburg, and receives five-match ban.

Feb 2004: First sending-off at Real Madrid for thrusting hand into face of Pablo Alfaro, the Seville defender.

May 2004: Sent off for second booking after a rash challenge on Djalminha, the Deportivo midfield player.

April 2005: Tries to punch Quique Álvarez, the Villarreal defender.

July 2006: Butts Marco Materazzi in chest during World Cup final

Plus He knows the french team look up to him and is reknown for good sports-manship materazzi had provoked him to the limit where even Zidane cracked by calling him something along the lines of *putain d'arab espèce de terroriste*= *fucking arab terrorist* and before that purple nurpling him.

once again, you could be absolutely right but you don't know, you are just speculating.

Furthermore there is a 2 sec difference between the moment materazzi got headbutted and thru him self on the floor kicking Zidane in the balls.

I guess you see what you want to see, there's no delay but the hit was obviously overplayed.

Did you see Buffon on the replays?? he was so humiliated and felt so bad for Zidane.

When? I saw Buffon being the only player who spotted the accident and trying to get attention of referees so that Zidane gets busted.

And the most outrageous thing is that Zidane was sent out because of video footage!! that is sacriledge to football! either you incorporate and use it all the time or you dont use it at all! imagine all the penaltys the french would have had if the refs had use video footage during the whole game.

Once again you are just pulling this out of your ass, officially it was said that one of the referees saw the accident. There was no video replay of this on the big monitors to not have any riots or such.

Ok the first penalty was kinda generous at the begining but the ref only gave it to the french because the Italians are known to be notorious in the first 10 minutes of a game. But you have to admit that there was atleast 1 penalty the french should have had in the second half of the game. :mad:

It was balanced out, first penalty wasn't really needed so I thought it was fair.

So please cut the crap cause Italy won by penaltys which is the most unglorious way to win a final and they only survived til penaltys cause they got Zidane kicked out :mad: !!!

Well you can believe anything you want but facts are facts.

I wanted France to win too but you are just blind. I thought France was better in second period and in overtime and for Italy to win on penalties (something they lost 3 out of 3 times before that) was absolutely incredible.

Congratulations to Italy and too bad for France. They still did MUCH better than I thought they would.

odessa said:
Most of what you said is not true.

So far you don't know that at all, Materazzi denied it and Zidan didn't say anything yet.
erm plz read/watch the news

ahem,

Zinédine Zidane has been sent off 14 times in his career, two more than Vinnie Jones. Here are those red cards in full . . .

Sep 1993: Marcel Desailly, the Marseilles defender, punches him and the Bordeaux midfield player retaliates in kind.

Aug 1995: Slaps Thorsten Fink, a Karlsruhe player, in the face.

Oct 1995: Sees red for a tackle from behind on Frédéric Mendy, a Martigues player.

Sep 1996: At Juventus, sent off against Perugia after two bookings.

Jan 1997: Punches Enrico Chiesa, of Parma.

June 1998: Stamps on Fuad Amin, the Saudi Arabia captain, during World Cup finals.

Oct 1998: Commits a two-footed challenge on Paolo Sousa, the Inter Milan player.

Oct 1999: Receives a second yellow card for diving against AS Roma.

Sep 2000: Late challenge on Emerson, the Deportivo La Coruña midfield player, in Champions League.

Oct 2000: Butts Jochen Kientz, of SV Hamburg, and receives five-match ban.

Feb 2004: First sending-off at Real Madrid for thrusting hand into face of Pablo Alfaro, the Seville defender.

May 2004: Sent off for second booking after a rash challenge on Djalminha, the Deportivo midfield player.

April 2005: Tries to punch Quique Álvarez, the Villarreal defender.

July 2006: Butts Marco Materazzi in chest during World Cup final

ok sorry i was wrong about that blame the tv ;)

once again, you could be absolutely right but you don't know, you are just speculating.

I guess you see what you want to see, there's no delay but the hit was obviously overplayed.

yet again please watch the new and i've watched the replay so many times and its pretty visible in slow motion... anyways mazerati kicked him in the balls while *diving gloriously backwards* i mean how can you fall like that by being headbutted in the chest, plus he kicked zidane in the balls after

When? I saw Buffon being the only player who spotted the accident and trying to get attention of referees so that Zidane gets busted.
trust me, he was talking to zidane before he left and he looked gutted

Once again you are just pulling this out of your ass, officially it was said that one of the referees saw the accident. There was no video replay of this on the big monitors to not have any riots or such.
one of the secondary refs did see it on the screen and reported it to the main ref who had to have a press conference to confirm he didnt see it on the screen. If he had to do that then obviously people thought he had so he had to proove them wrong.

Han'jin said:
erm plz read/watch the news

lol, dude, I know what the news are, nobody said anything for sure, it's all speculation, you should know that about the news.

ok sorry i was wrong about that blame the tv ;)

You put WAY too much trust into what TV tells you, most of the time it has nothing to do with reality. Zidane is quite a violent player but if you forget that he is one of the best players of our time.

yet again please watch the new and i've watched the replay so many times and its pretty visible in slow motion... anyways mazerati kicked him in the balls while *diving gloriously backwards* i mean how can you fall like that by being headbutted in the chest, plus he kicked zidane in the balls after

There's a 2 second delay in slow motion? ROFL :) You make zero sense. Have you ever been headbutted into a chest? Try it sometime, you'll understand what happened. Italian did overplay it though, that's easy to see.

trust me, he was talking to zidane before he left and he looked gutted

you must be a perfect mind reader, so far all you see is what you WANT to see and not the facts or lack thereof.

one of the secondary refs did see it on the screen and reported it to the main ref who had to have a press conference to confirm he didnt see it on the screen. If he had to do that then obviously people thought he had so he had to proove them wrong.

Main ref didn't see it at all, another official saw it. As I said that moment wasn't shown on stadium TV because of the policies against violence.

I am not saying that italian is innocent, he's been a dick all throughout his career and I can totally see him doing the same now. I'm just saying that you are talking pure speculation and emotions and none of it is facts.

Yeah, congratulation to Italy.... for being the finest bunch of actors and stunt guys in the soccer world... They should get an Oscar for the crap they get away with!

BTW... I am a very bitter and disheartened Australian... we lost our game to them in the dying moments of our match when a penalty was given after one of those <insert expletive here> :) overplayed a fall and got the penalty (God knows how) from the blind referee and scored the only goal in the game (and this is with about 2 minutes to go!)

Yes, congratulations..... on the fine acting :p ..... But, I am proud that the Aussies made it as far as they did! :)

well the celebrations didn't last long -
Juventus:
- stripped of last 2 titles
- stripped of Champions League spot
- relegated to Serie B
- 30 point deficit

Fiorentina:
- stripped of Champions League Qualifying spot
- relegated to Serie B
- 12 point deficit

Lazio:
- stripped of last 2 titles
- stripped of UEFA Cup spot
- relegated to Serie B
- 7 point deficit

Milan:
- stripped of Champions League spot
- 15 point deficit

I am surprised the French are crying about the shabby deal Zindane got. Do they honestly believe that he would have somehow "magiced" a goal had he been left in? Remember, he failed to do that before he was sent off!

Where is the castigation of the poor schmuck who missed the penalty shot? Or of the Goalie who let 5 of 5 Italian penalty shots through?

Mebbe FIFA should take a page from the NFL and have a "Last man standing" rule for championship games. Institute an endless series of 10 minute sudden death overtimes. Given the nature of Futbol the final might still be playing, with 3 Frenchmen (one of whom plays in the Italian league, the others in Spain) against 2 Italians (who play in England and Brazil), all of them having one Yellow card each.

A Stunning Victory...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back