• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - A Good Place to raid? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,709¢
If you have two-five boxers that's 12-30 toons. Where would you raid? To be safe let's say you have 12 120 Gold toons with NoS T1 or T2 weapons on the DPS your best Tank has 10k+ AC with 700k HP. Can you do Cov and ToL tier 1 raids with 12 like that or do you need more?

Technically, you can probably do Shei with 12, but I suspect you would need specific classes and it would be quite the slog -- easily doable with 18-24 though (at which point you should also be able to do one NoS raid).
CoV-wise it tends to be a dps check for the two easy raids -- 25 mill dps for Zland, and preferably 35-40 for Sont (I think? It's been awhile.. I'm sure the info is on this forum somewhere). Basically you burn the dragons to avoid dealing with all of the pesky mechanics.

Shei is by fair the easiest raid to do with. As long as you have the cures 100% and enough root/mez to hit 5x aliens 3x each before the go active in 6s you can win.

shaman , ranger , enchanter and druids all have very good AE root or mez. You line them up along the wall looking down over the area where the sweepers roam. Split them up so 2-3 on each side wall.

I wouldn't go back for CoV raids. The gear on them is going to be *meh* when the next expansion comes out and you push to 125.

I would try to pair up with some other boxers and push to do NoS - The spirit fades. It has a bit more of a tanking requirement but if you have all the mechanics down its not to bad.

I've heard of a some folks running 18-24 who were able to get it down.

There is only one thing worthwhile from enhancing dps perspective from COV and that is raid arms/legs for cleave/fero upgrades vs group gear. Shei viability will come down to the composition more then anything and if only doing it with 12 expect a very long long drawn out fight.

Shei easiest, 5 bane toons, 1 tank 1 healer, and then 12 dps bring 19 total up top - pally can be solo no group cause of splashing for cures will heal itself

I'd agree on Shei and Spirit fades, I've done shei with as little as 9 (took 2hrs 15 mins) sweet spot for me was 12 (but still took 1hr 15 mins) a few of my toons were silver as they were only used to bane and splash.

as for Spirits best I've been able to do is with 12 and it was really tough (plus all toons are full NoS raid geared) much easier with 18-24 but need 2-4 beefy tanks.

Discussion - A Good Place to raid?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back