• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Discussion - 72 hours no Everquest (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,864¢
My power was out all weekend. One of the joys of living on the Gulf Coast. It wasn't storm this time it was a drunk driver who took out a transformer literally. I know people like that. Usually their last words before such an undertaking are, Hey y'all check this out.!" I literally slept for 3 days. I had no power on 100+ heat. I just took a handful of clonopin and crashed.

How would you have spent the 3 days in 100+ heat with no power?

Oh geez. That's intense. Sorry you had to deal with that!

It gets pretty hot here in the desert portion of So Cal also. And recently we just lost power for about 6 hours. But luckily it was in the middle of the night, so not too bad. The kids were upset because for them not having power means no electronics and no lights. Which is the end of the world for them. :shrug:

We lost power this weekend too! Had a storm blow through here that knocked down branches (shattered my rear window). My new place has a "whole house generator" which was cool to see that kick in.

@ImGreg had some wild storms this weekend too, did you lose power?

I remember when I lived in Phoenix, we had 1 summer where one of the giant transformers blew and thousands lost power for like 2 weeks. Everyone immediately grilled up all their meat to keep from spoiling - but az summer, no electricity... Really rough.

My power was out all weekend. One of the joys of living on the Gulf Coast. It wasn't storm this time it was a drunk driver who took out a transformer literally. I know people like that. Usually their last words before such an undertaking are, Hey y'all check this out.!" I literally slept for 3 days. I had no power on 100+ heat. I just took a handful of clonopin and crashed.

How would you have spent the 3 days in 100+ heat with no power?
Approximately where on the gulf coast, and do you have Xfinity by chance? I kept getting notifications of an outage but it not affecting me... I tried looking at the map to see maybe something happened nearby, but nothing showed on their outage map. I'm near Panama City myself.

But ya it's been brutal the last few days. I moved some stuff yesterday around 2pm and it was awful out there.

I do many things that aren't in the house (which means, no electricity is required). I would have spent at least one day up at Skyline Drive in the Shenandoah National Park, probably would have gone up to Berkley Springs for a day and taken a lazy boat ride down the river, then maybe a bit of bbq and lots of beer in the back yard.

Even with electricity, that heat would keep me outside, making sure all the animals have water and shade. And after all that was taken care of I would need a beer or 2.

Since 3 years we have the roof of the house and the carport covered with solar panels, black-startable solar inverters a big battery and an automatic power-switch which detaches the house from main grid and activates battery-driven supply of the whole house. During summertime the system can keep all systems running, in wintertime it can run basic supply for an extended period (like heating system, fridges, and some lights). For some short outages since, the setup proofed to work, longest outage since has been for about 3 ours.
Noone in central europe expects multiple days outages yet. But the steady increase of green power will make it more of a challenge for the power companies to keep all running all the time, as the changes within the power-grid are getting much more dynamic with the increase of fluctuating powersources.
As my appartement is right under the roof, I hope I will never have to suffer a multiple days outage in midsummer.
I would have to flee into one of my brothers cellar.

Discussion - 72 hours no Everquest

Users who are viewing this thread

Back