• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

7/13 patch broke MQ2 (1 Viewer)

Cybris

Old Timer
RedCents
2,587¢
Just logged in to try it. eqgame.exe was one of the files changed with this patch. The little box pops up and says incorrect client version :(

So when a patch occurs and eqgame.exe is updated, how long is the downtime for MQ2 and Soultakers plugins? Any ideas? This is my first time going thru this process and just trying to get it down.

Typically about 2 to 4 days it seems like depending on what all was changed. Sony's changes can either mean major or minor rework to get it working again depending on what they change.

Well if it's just offset changes that were made not that long a couple of days. If they changed the packet structure and added new opcodes those all have to be figured out and could take a couple of weeks sometimes.

unless someone here gets MQ2 fixed before the MQ2 devs do. I've seen that happen before too.

Unfortunetaly,

the offsets were not the only thing that was changed. I have the new offsets, and im now EQ-less. Looks like this will be at least a few days before we get this going.

Thats how it goes

Hmmm, I can't help my curiosity. Im not a programmer , but I am interested in a way to locate offsets. Is this something I should stay away from ? or is this something I can try on my own. If it is , Can someone point me in the right direction of how to get started on locating offsets. Thanks

I think im hooked on mq2 and plugins. Gosh, how did I play eq w/o these all this time :(

At least I can make up for lost time :)

motosuwa said:
Why are you EQ-less now smokinghot? :S

Basically, i usually dont get a ghetto fixed MQ2 and play it. It can be done yes, but im not an expert by any means, and I just wait until the open source is available. I wouldnt wanna get banned ona mistake. Besides, this is my macro learning time.

smokinghot said:
Basically, i usually dont get a ghetto fixed MQ2 and play it. It can be done yes, but im not an expert by any means, and I just wait until the open source is available. I wouldnt wanna get banned ona mistake. Besides, this is my macro learning time.
Just gimmie your Auth if you didn't already :P

======================

For our new guy that started this thread. Go to www.forever-hacking.com and read through their guide sections and try to grind through it yourself that's the way I learned.

7/13 patch broke MQ2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back