• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - 6th crash today (1 Viewer)

if you can reliably crash your client, then you could trace it. Guide below

I'll bet $232098234 that it's MQ2autoloot and/or mq2kissbuffs . Ask me how I know. I have Knightly to thank for figuring that out for me. Turn those off and see if it changes anything.
nothing uses mq2kissbuffs anymore - and there weren't any crashes that i was aware of with it anyhow - just issues with it not doing what it was needed to do. there's no real reason to load it at all.

mq2autoloot has a known crash
mq2collections can sometimes cause crashes
i've seen several eqgame crashes this week that don't immediately appear to be related to any plugin specifically - those would need to go to [email protected] like the popup mentions for him to take a look at

I believe the following are open things that are causing crashes:
1. mq2autoloot has a crash that's being looked at
2. mq2dannet has some issues with zeromq that need to be handled and another bug that just can't be fixed in the current live version
3. mq2nav has an out of memory issue that will occasionally crop up
4. mq2main has some issues, I think, related to interacting with "stale data" that's no longer valid and causes a crash

I think there's also a camping bug right now. brainiac mentioned it a bit ago, but I don't remember the specifics of it. If you want to send me a dump file or two, I'll take a look and try to tell you what your crash is.

Keep in mind that dumps may contain personal information including your character names, profile information, etc.

Problem - 6th crash today

Users who are viewing this thread

Back