• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - 6Box worth it? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
18¢
I recently rolled toons on Ragefire.. SK / Shm duo atm, I am curious if going from a duo to a full group is worth it?
mostly pay for gold with Krono's so it would be that much more Farming to keep them active.

If I do a full group, what comp to go with the duo I have?

SK / Shm / Rng / Brd / Clr / Dru?
SK / Shm / Rog / Brd / Clr / Wiz?

any ideas suggestions are apprecited

Live toons are much better then mercs anytime.

6 box group means you control the actions of everyone, instead of ye old dumbass getting your group killed. Though you might have to put a mirror near your computer so you can yell at the dumbass now and again still... --wink--

As for group make up... there are a lot of combos that work. Entirely depends on you really.

Something to tank
Something to heal
A few things to DPS
And a utility or 2 (or more DPS/tank/heal, of course)

entirely depends on what you want to get out of the group, and what you like to play, and what you plan to accomplish. I mean... group content is a lot more flexible. If you eventually want to raid with those toons, you would want to look towards what role you want to fullfill on the raid (or if your building a raid force) as opposed to being just a XP farming group, as opposed to being an item farming group, as opposed to ......

For instance Raz likes his tank/healer/wiz/wiz/wiz/wiz groups. He also likes his tank/shm (I think) /zerk/zerk/zerk/zerk group. And then he discovered BLs, and how to set them up properly... now he is having kittens!

You will get more enjoyment and fullfillment) out of picking toons you want to play, and learning them forward/backwards, then you will taking someone else's advice on what they find enjoyable, in my opinion. =)

-----------

Sorry, long work hours has my typing screwier then usual....

Last edited:
Yeah what Warlock said. Nothing worse than a healer merc fking it all up because theres a flagpole in its line of sight, or its deciding its time to buff in the middle of a fight!

Damn, thats almost poetry!!

Everytime i leave this game and come back i tell myself im only going to duo, that lasts a couple weeks to a month, then i renew another account and 3 box, that lasts a couple weeks to a month, then i get annoyed and just renew all 6. I hate spending that much time farming or just paying for all the accounts but in todays game it just seems the only way to have what you need to get anything done.

My go to would be repping your shaman for a cleric and dropping bard for enchanter because they too are 100% better. sk wiz clr enc bst dps of your choice. And dont get me wrong bards and shaman are not shit. They just get out performed and you may not be cashing in at 100% effectiveness. Since your goal is to farm and keep things active at gold status, you want to maximize the ease of things id imagine.

I recently rolled toons on Ragefire.. SK / Shm duo atm, I am curious if going from a duo to a full group is worth it?
mostly pay for gold with Krono's so it would be that much more Farming to keep them active.

If I do a full group, what comp to go with the duo I have?

SK / Shm / Rng / Brd / Clr / Dru?
SK / Shm / Rog / Brd / Clr / Wiz?

any ideas suggestions are apprecited

Sk shm clr bst chanter Mage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question - 6Box worth it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back