• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

6box idea (1 Viewer)

RedCents
14¢
I'm looking for opinions/suggestions on this idea for a EQ Live setup.

So I've been thinking about a 6box idea. I've never played past level 70 other than a couple heroic characters I find near impossible to keep healed. I've heard how OP mage pets can be so I was thinking why not make a group of 4 mages a bard puller and a healer? How OP would this build be? Also, could I take this group to end game? What issues am I not seeing that would block me with this group? Have any of you ran this setup and what were the results?

Thanks all,
Zedu

At some point you need a real tank, and a mage pet is not a real tank (they are powerful, but they're not real tanks). That said, you CAN trade off on pet tanks as long as you're watching your aggro on all of your characters, but...I'd put a real tank in any group I wanted to be viable.

I'm looking for opinions/suggestions on this idea for a EQ Live setup.

So I've been thinking about a 6box idea. I've never played past level 70 other than a couple heroic characters I find near impossible to keep healed. I've heard how OP mage pets can be so I was thinking why not make a group of 4 mages a bard puller and a healer? How OP would this build be? Also, could I take this group to end game? What issues am I not seeing that would block me with this group? Have any of you ran this setup and what were the results?

Thanks all,
Zedu
Any group with a Bard is gonna suck

Any group with a Bard is gonna suck
Thanks. I'm working on sk/clr/enc/mage/mage/mage. It's going quickly but I can already tell the sk is going to need more attention. Even with full defiant gear the cleric is healing a lot. Especially with un-slowed mobs

Thanks. I'm working on sk/clr/enc/mage/mage/mage. It's going quickly but I can already tell the sk is going to need more attention. Even with full defiant gear the cleric is healing a lot. Especially with un-slowed mobs
that is a ton of mana you are requiring there. I prefer a mix but it's a strong start i believe

that is a ton of mana you are requiring there. I prefer a mix but it's a strong start i believe
Yeah, I had thought about going War with my main but with me spending the most of my time on this toon I wanted to have some spells. Also snare is nice. I actually haven't used FD yet lol

I personally ran sk/clr/enc/mag/wiz/necro. The downside to sk/CLR is that CLR is your only Rez. I recently switched to Pal tank and it’s nice having a 3rd Rez if I need it, but my damage has dropped. However SK/clr/enc is a great combo.

Ive run Sk/Clr/Enc for years .... you can add anything to it. The SK is going to take a lot more work on gear than a mage pet .... but the pay off is great once you get them aa'd and aug'd out.

Yeah, I had thought about going War with my main but with me spending the most of my time on this toon I wanted to have some spells. Also snare is nice. I actually haven't used FD yet lol
hopefully you have death peace aa because I remember as a baby sk spamming the low lvl cold spell just to get my abjuration skill high enough to cast it reliably… great times!

6box idea

Users who are viewing this thread

Back