• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - 6 box (1 Viewer)

RedCents
What is the Best combo pre pok (6box)
Rigjt now i run sk shaman druid mage x3

Thinking to change 1 or 2 mages to somthing els

I've always been partial to War/Chanter/Cleric + 3 Mages, or War/Chanter/Cleric + 2 Mages / Wiz. Or Chanter/Cleric/Bard + 3 Mages, can also do Chanter/Cleric + 4 Mages or 3 Mages+ Wiz.

I try to get a Mage, Cleric, Enchanter and Bard leveled ASAP to 50 for new TLP servers, leveling a Wizard can help too for PLing new groups up(i use one at 30 for Thunderclap to group with level 20s, and another at 45 for Supernova / Thunderclap to group with level 30s).

I've rarely had any aggro problems with the Warrior in any grouping situations on TLPs, and by the time the mob actually aggros another of the group it's already dead because of how much DPS there is with any of those comps. Also note that for a lot of group content on TLPs you really don't even need a tank, you can do a lot with sufficient DPS and Enchanter PBAOE stuns(i prefer to add Bard songs to that too).

After being pampered with bard, I cant do a group without it.
War/SK (I prefer war as easier to manage/pilot)
Cleric
Bard (Selos, lev, aqualungs)
Wiz (Need some sort of portage)
Mage
Enc / Mage (ENC is nice, mind candy, mezz, charm)

I liked doing the Charm thing in Hole this go around.

LoL... I am running an EVIL group.... SK, Cleric, WIZ, Necro, Necro, Necro. this gives me 4 skelly pets, wizard for ports and bombs, and cleric if someone gets hurt. I am thinking of changing one of the necros to a mage but having too much fun watching the necros lifetap the mobs to nothing.

LoL... I am running an EVIL group.... SK, Cleric, WIZ, Necro, Necro, Necro. this gives me 4 skelly pets, wizard for ports and bombs, and cleric if someone gets hurt. I am thinking of changing one of the necros to a mage but having too much fun watching the necros lifetap the mobs to nothing.

Lol sounds like a fun group! Don't add a mage, add a shaman! Get you some more dots! Sow and all the other goodies! Just a thought!

I think I have found the "ultimate" group with SHD, CLR, ENC, MNK, MAG, DRU. Literally everything is covered with this comp... Snare, CC, Haste, Slow, Rez, CoTH, Ports, Dmg Shield, Summon Corpse, Back-up heals. Although I would love to experiment with something cool like PAL, SHM, BRD, MNK, MNK, ROG, or BRD, CLR, 4 x MNK, or BRD, 5 x BST.

How do the mages stack compared to silver berzerkers? I'd think that a powerhouse mage would be dependent on having a high summoner earring (gold account)?
I run dual mages and they outdps the silver berserker in my group due to alliance and pet stacks. I also have max petclickies on all 6 chars. It fun to watch, mages do better when 2 or more. You don’t need a fancy earring, shivery earring of summoning from gd is plenty.

How do the mages stack compared to silver berzerkers? I'd think that a powerhouse mage would be dependent on having a high summoner earring (gold account)?

Depends on era. Modern era they suck comparted to rogue/ber and even monks beat them; although I run gold on all my accounts. Honestly only caster dps any good anymore is necro at moment. Ber/Rogue top and monk not too far behind (with necro on average although necro on big hp mobs is top dps).

Question - 6 box

Users who are viewing this thread

Back