• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

IRL - 6 box team - which accounts to sub vs FTP (1 Viewer)

BillyBobJr

RedCents
445¢
I'm currently running a 6-box team composed of: SK, SHM, BRD, BST, MAG and NEC. I plan on keeping 3 accounts subbed (via krono) and the other 3 FTP. I obviously plan on keeping the SK subbed, but am debating on the other 2 slots. I will pretty much exclusively doing group content (missions, farming augs, etc...). I read up a bit here and elsewhere and the consensus seems to be that I could keep the Shaman FTP (with rank II spells. I am leaning towards subbing the BST and MAG so that they can have the highest pets and contribute to my overall DPS. Would that be okay, or do I really need the Bard in top gear/augs and sub him (instead of the Mage maybe)? One other wrinkle is that I'm debating on whether or not to buy the expansion when it goes on sale in September. If I don't, all of these chars will stay at 115 for a bit. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I pretty much have the same group. Shaman and bard do fine FTP. I sub the warrior and necro (since necro is my main). My BST is brand new but plan on leaving him FTP.

Thanks for the replies, guys. Unfortunately, each of you chose the two different combinations that I can't make up my mind about 😛 I think I'm pretty set on the BST and do really like Sic's suggestion of having the MAG or NEC subbed. For me, it just comes down to whether or not my mezzer will get regularly clobbered if keep him in FTP gear. I haven't run into that so far, but I honestly haven't been doing very challenging content thus far.

I pretty much have the same group. Shaman and bard do fine FTP. I sub the warrior and necro (since necro is my main). My BST is brand new but plan on leaving him FTP.
I would all access a bst before a necro (and a mage).

they lose too much not having hdex from augs, and from not having the best weapons they can

I think you should go with your instincts Sub the Mage and The BST. The Necro and Shaman will be fine at 115 and I don't really have a high opinion of Bards.
Thanks. Interesting comment about bards. Not to sidetrack the discussion too much, but do mean as primary CC or something else? I read a few threads on here where someone claimed caster DPS was significantly greater with a bard in group vs enchanter, so I went with that. I do wish I could use the enchanter CWTN plugin that I purchased, as it seemed to do a much better job mezzing than KA with a bard, but I do like the utility bards bring to a group (speed, double-invis, etc..)

If you're asking which classes would lose the most from being non-subbed that would be the bst and brd. They are both heavily dependent on Hdex for their personal DPS output. That being said, non-subbed bards do just fine. If it were me I'd sub the Bst for sure, and probably the mage because having a higher level EM earring for a mage pet would allow it to offtank better, and rk 3 spells on mage add more uptime for swarm pets which equates to more dps.

Bst for sure.

Bards don't get la lot more dps from being subbed, but will get more survivability. I cant count the number of times my bard tanked after my tank but it.

Sub the mage if doing easy grinding (or save your money and just sub the bst)

IRL - 6 box team - which accounts to sub vs FTP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back