• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - 4th spot - suggestions please (1 Viewer)

oogabooga3000

RedCents
I run a 3 man team:

Bst / Mage / Druid

Mainly I wanted to play beastlord. I wanted free gear, so I made a mage. I like convenience so I added a druid for ports and ghetto heals.
I currently use 2 caster mercs and 1 healer for farming, and 2 healers / 1 caster for tougher areas.

As I head into the newer expansion, EoK, I'm starting to see the holes in my team so I'm looking to add a 4th. I realize 6 is ideal, but please work with me here and help on just a 4th.

If I need to swap out classes I only have these:

On BST account I can quickly/easily swap to --> Warrior / Necro / Zerker /
On Druid account I can quickly/easily swap to --> Shaman / Bard

I currently use mage pet to tank and bst pet to emergency tank.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts, ideas, or advice.

As always, it will truly depend on your playstyle.

I would normally suggest a tank type as your 4th but to be good the best they can be would need to be on a Gold account.
Warrior for best single mob tanking or opps pull moments.
Sk for single pull ability and good self buffs and versatility and best AE agro control (IMO).
Pally for self heals and stuns.

BUT if your doing well tanking with either Bst, Bst pet or Mage pet, you may wish to look into a "Crowd Control" type character.
Enchanters are my personal favs, especially if running caster heavy,
Bards sound like they are ok CC, and have ALOT of versitility.

I guess I'm torn. If it's possible to pet tank all group content in EoK, then I'm ok with sticking with the way I'm playing now. In that case, I think your idea of an enchanter would fit me the best.

If I need a true tank....then that's where I get lost, because then like you said....it would be most beneficial to have a cleric, which I don't have one even created.

hmmm

I went through ALOT of expansions progression boxing a 4 man team. Early on the Mage's earth pet was a tanking god and I ran with a wizzy, ranger, cleric. Once that nerf bat hit the earth pet 2x I looked for cc. The biggest problem I foresee with what you have is the lack of cc. IF you are careful, like I was BEFORE I got smart and dropped my Cleric for a chanter, you could possibly get by with a GOOD ranger to pull singles and add dps. A max aa ranger can offtank/tank np with 1 cleric merc, bouncing aggro with the earth pet. I am not familiar with the beast pets as I have never played that class. So, here is what I would do: Bst/Mage/Druid/Ranger (since you have an earth pet and bst pet for tanking and ranger can be kind of a semi third tanky and help with solo pulls) mercs would be cleric and caster for added dps. Remember, the faster stuff dies the less heals will become an issue. A maxed ranger also has hella skills when it comes to tanking if shit hits the fan if you know how to use ws/armor/evasion/bulwark and protection.... the dps is also great though the incoming dicho/scarlet nerf is going to strike soon....sigh.

Also, I would shift the druid into full dps mode rather than heals, you'd be surprised at how well a cleric merc can do.

Oh yes and this
but to be good the best they can be would need to be on a Gold account

Add an enc to that group if you are going for 4
  1. BST
  2. MAG
  3. DRU
  4. ENC

If you go for 6 then add a tank+clr and just have dru go all out DPS, this group would only be better if you swapped dru for wiz to increase DPS

1. BST
  2. MAG
  3. DRU
  4. ENC
  5. TNK
  6. CLR

Question - 4th spot - suggestions please

Users who are viewing this thread

Back