• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - 4th Box (1 Viewer)

Giggles

RedCents
836¢
Hey guys so i guess i got the itch, i hadn't planned on boxing more than 3 but now since its so easy i want to add a 4th, i have a bard, zerker and pally. any suggestion on the best 4th box?

100% agree with ceci and naeeldar

having the "trinity" of a real tank, real cc, and real heals makes a huge difference in both short and long term.
either cleric or shaman would do you just great

do they do better than the mercs??

MUCH better. Hell just popping the cleric KA that Sic made will make your bot cleric = to 3 cleric mercs. There's no comparison for end game. I actually despise using all mercs which is why I six box.

Shaman is probably best overall especially for group game and because you have a pally.

if you're just coming back to the game, or semi-lower lvl, shamans can have a little hard time solo healing (tho pairing with a pally is nice). their toolkit doesn't grow in the solo heal direction until some of the later levels. keep that in mind if you're choosing between clr and shaman.

clr has in combat rez which is super duper clucth - shaman get an in-combat call (not rez) unless you get the rez stick etc etc etc

just some things to consider

if you're just coming back to the game, or semi-lower lvl, shamans can have a little hard time solo healing (tho pairing with a pally is nice). their toolkit doesn't grow in the solo heal direction until some of the later levels. keep that in mind if you're choosing between clr and shaman.

clr has in combat rez which is super duper clucth - shaman get an in-combat call (not rez) unless you get the rez stick etc etc etc

just some things to consider

It’s a good point on the combat Rez though. Priorities here matter. I still tend to opt for my cleric vs shaman on tougher mission because it’s just easier if you f up. I’ve messed up with auras on Ary plenty (last run through I killed by bard + 3 ber with it) but I just combat rezzed and kept on running. With a shaman it’s far harder to do that.

Full group no mercs=better xp. Doing 4, 5, and 6 together will save you time even if you don't use all of them all the time, getting them all to the appropriate level 1 at a time is like going to the store to buy 1 roll of toilet paper at a time instead of a pack. You also won't have as much deciding to do if you're kinda stuck on a few classes to add, just add them all, and figure it out as you get to know them.

Full group no mercs=better xp. Doing 4, 5, and 6 together will save you time even if you don't use all of them all the time, getting them all to the appropriate level 1 at a time is like going to the store to buy 1 roll of toilet paper at a time instead of a pack. You also won't have as much deciding to do if you're kinda stuck on a few classes to add, just add them all, and figure it out as you get to know them.

kind of. The exp formula works out such that the exp per kill is the exact same for 5 or 6 players, so 5 players + merc is the same exp per kill as 6 players. However, if the merc is making you kill slower than 6 accounts, then of course you get more per time unit. So, use that when deciding how you want to formulate your group.

Question - 4th Box

Users who are viewing this thread

Back