• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Resolved - 4-20-22 patch issues - Please check / Post here (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

One Cool Trick

Seasoned veteran member
RedCents
543¢
Since today's patch, my toons are doing A LOT of random jumping and turning once they assist on the mob... any ideas how to resolve that?

I think it has something to do with mq2moveutils but I'm not sure... It wasn't happening yesterday, but it is today after the most recent patch. Any ideas?

Solution
yes, there are some issues currently - it *appears* to be a stick issue.

thanks for being patient - sometimes patch days are like this when dbg makes significant changes

There will likely be another (or a couple other) rebuilds tonight/tomorrow etc

makemevis - patched
some movement stuff / nav - patched
stick issues - fixed
some characters reporting missing abilities (discs) that they have ---fixed in post 359 build.

folks are reporting shownames issue --- unknown if dbg or eq
yes, there are some issues currently - it *appears* to be a stick issue.

thanks for being patient - sometimes patch days are like this when dbg makes significant changes

There will likely be another (or a couple other) rebuilds tonight/tomorrow etc

makemevis - patched
some movement stuff / nav - patched
stick issues - fixed
some characters reporting missing abilities (discs) that they have ---fixed in post 359 build.

folks are reporting shownames issue --- unknown if dbg or eq

Solution
Is anyone else experiencing erratic movements after patch? Sometime it's hard for melee to get into position, and once they do, they randomly stutter left or right and sometime jumps constantly. This is happening with my rog, zerk and bst. Making sure no other mac is running and restarting doesn't seem to help.

Is anyone else experiencing erratic movements after patch? Sometime it's hard for melee to get into position, and once they do, they randomly stutter left or right and sometime jumps constantly. This is happening with my rog, zerk and bst. Making sure no other mac is running and restarting doesn't seem to help.
yes, there is an issue with stick

So i have a question. I haven't played in a while updated my EQ server and opened my launcher and tried to load my characters and it said something along the lines of "everquest file from april 20 2022 and Redguides from feb 7 2022 they need to be the same to run." and it freezes. Went to my very vanilla and there is no Update button just an install. Clicked install and it just closes. Tried i clean install and the same thing happens. Launcher V1.0.87 says it was updated today but when i look under my downloads on the forums it says my launcher was downloaded febb 17 and i can't update it.

So i have a question. I haven't played in a while updated my EQ server and opened my launcher and tried to load my characters and it said something along the lines of "everquest file from april 20 2022 and Redguides from feb 7 2022 they need to be the same to run." and it freezes. Went to my very vanilla and there is no Update button just an install. Clicked install and it just closes. Tried i clean install and the same thing happens. Launcher V1.0.87 says it was updated today but when i look under my downloads on the forums it says my launcher was downloaded febb 17 and i can't update it.
Did you try and reboot

Did you try and reboot

I uninstalled and reinstalled. Tried updating from the settings. rebooted twice.

The error:

Macroquest version Mismatch:

EQ Version Apr 15 2022
Macroquest Version Feb 10 2022
These Versions need to match in order to lad MacroQuest...Loading of MQ cannot be completed.

I can't seem to update Macroquest. Under the very vanilla tab on the LIVE server it just has install. I click and it closes. Even after everything.

Just merely an update/FYI sic and company, I logged in this morning, updated launcher and latest patch (later than yesterday at server up time) and still the toons are erratically jumping and turning... that is all! Thanks again for all you do and hopefully the feedback helps you all out! :)

Just merely an update/FYI sic and company, I logged in this morning, updated launcher and latest patch (later than yesterday at server up time) and still the toons are erratically jumping and turning... that is all! Thanks again for all you do and hopefully the feedback helps you all out! :)
Patches like this when dbg makes so many changes are going to have hiccups, and not all of them will get fixed in 1 swoop

@brainiac the "missing abilities" thing appears to most frequently happen with some older abilities, if this helps track them down. they appear to only be Disciplines

This has me wonder if this is part of the new tlp stuff - like they added flags to things

Here is a paladin where it is showing we're missing holyforge, sanctification, and deflection, but you can see i have them in my combat skills and they are ready on my hotbar

1650561293971.png

Here is a bard, once again only the 50-70s era stuff is missing from disciplines
Thousand Blades
Puretone Discipline
Deftdance Discipline

For shits i checked that ${Spell[Thousand Blades]} was still returning something, and it was
1650562046183.png

Here a berzerker is showing that it is missing a bunch of stuff (there are other abilities in those lines for later levels that show correctly)

1650562447955.png

Last edited:
I believe there is an issue with MQ2Nav - I've been running hunter mode in MuleAssist and I am constantly getting stuck in place (moving slightly from side to side) and getting the message "I am stuck aborting pull". I've tried this in a few zones and get the same issue after a few mintues. If I manually move I can get 'unstuck', but it happens again in a few minutes. It looks limited to hunter as my Pullertank has had no issues for hours.

I'm guessing this is patch related as everything was fine yesterday pre-patch.

I believe there is an issue with MQ2Nav - I've been running hunter mode in MuleAssist and I am constantly getting stuck in place (moving slightly from side to side) and getting the message "I am stuck aborting pull". I've tried this in a few zones and get the same issue after a few mintues. If I manually move I can get 'unstuck', but it happens again in a few minutes. It looks limited to hunter as my Pullertank has had no issues for hours.

I'm guessing this is patch related as everything was fine yesterday pre-patch.
well there was a patch for that - the current version is 359, but it looks like you're on 356.

there will likely be another patch here this afternoon to address other things

I am having no text being displayed in main chat, combat, mq window and plugin window, etc JUST on my warrior account. MY cleric account is not having these issues.
Have restarted everything to no avail. When I disable the MQ and close Redguides and restart EQ there is no issue.

Help would be appreciated.:sweat:

I am having no text being displayed in main chat, combat, mq window and plugin window, etc JUST on my warrior account. MY cleric account is not having these issues.
Have restarted everything to no avail. When I disable the MQ and close Redguides and restart EQ there is no issue.

Help would be appreciated.:sweat:
If you have your map open with a bunch of labels being drawn, that could likely be your issue as eq has a limit on how much stuff can be drawn. Close the map or turn off labels

Sic and company, it seems that the last update fixed the jumping and turning erratically (so far *crosses fingers*)... I truly cannot thank you guys enough for all you guys to do make this game enjoyable! :) <3

Mq2status isn't working on any of my toons. Also, /bcaa and /bcga aren't doing anything.
Status is working fine. Unless there is something specific and not a general "shits broken, yo"

Sounds more like you need to get your eqbc working (which is also functioning). Make sure you have the server running and your toons connected to it

Status can work with eqbc or Dannet fyi

Resolved - 4-20-22 patch issues - Please check / Post here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back