• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - 30-day Game Cards @ GameStop for $1.97 [In-store only] (1 Viewer)

kknights

RedCents
318¢
Well the title pretty much sums it up. GameStop has a limited supply of old SOE 30-day game cards on sale for $1.97.

Go here to check availability near you:

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/everquest-i-and-ii-planetside-30-day-time-card/40923

Someone posted this in the official SOE forums so I don't take credit for it by any means but I know not everyone reads those forums.

(Original thread can be found here: https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/...-on-game-cards-at-gamestop-30day-1-97.218585/ )

Happy buying =)

If I find any tomorrow, I'll put them up in the redcent store.

Last edited:
Knowing my luck, RB will find some, put them up in the RC store and they'll all be bought out while I'm at work and unable to buy them >.<

During lunch I stopped at a Gamespot that reportedly had them in stock (according to their system) but when I got there, they had no idea where it was. The lady told me to check the PC section while she searched in back. There were walls and walls of Xbox, Playstation, PSP, DS, WiiU, etc. but I couldn't find a single PC game. I asked and she pointed to a tiny free-standing shelf in back that was half and half: every PC game Gamespot sold (all 15 of them) mixed with a bunch of used Wii games. No sign of the card, but they did have a used EQ2 expansion with a crumpled box for $30.

It made me feel bad for Gamespot. PC Gaming is booming right now but they're not seeing any of that growth, nor do they appear to be trying.

I have a friend who works for gamestop and inquired about this with the regional manager. most gamestops have only 1 or 2 and that is what most had in the inventory for most of the east coast stores. The gamestop near me found me 2 at the bottom of a box they had for playstation game cards so good chance it not even worth it.

its more less just skus left in system , you will not find any available most likely . I called 2 locations and had them the all there stores and non showed to have in stock anywhere

If there are only 1 or 2 at most stores like zero0004 said and/or they're not working please take any Redcents I got from this post away.

kknights no worries man, you brought the no-drop trade to the world, you can keep the redcents.

So I'm in a large metro area that has about 15 stores claiming to have stock on this so I went to the closest store this morning. The store had 1 but couldn't locate it. They had piles of the "newer" cards but of course those are full price. They pulled out a list of the other stores in a 10 mile radius, most of which say they have one in stock. They told me my best bet was to try a store 12 miles away that has 3 in stock. I gave up at this point since all that running around from store to store for the possibility that I can save a few bucks was not going to add up to all the time I would be wasting.

Near where I live there are a dozen Gamestop stores, but only one showing they have this game card in stock. I called before driving there. The guy on the phone knew what I was talking about. He remembers seeing the old cards before, but looked and only had the newer full price one in stock. He told me that a lot of times when newer game cards come in they return the older ones, or even just throw them away depending on the manager.

I actually would not imagine they would still work, but worth a try in any case. Maybe later today I will go to some nearby stores and just take a look :-)

Went to the gamestop by me and thought i hit a jackpot since i found 50 cards but they were the current ones but looked "older". He checked the store and found it which was still shrink wrapped from 2008 in a pc game looking box i would add the screen shot since it was pretty funny to find it that way.

News - 30-day Game Cards @ GameStop for $1.97 [In-store only]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back