• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - 3 DPS Mercs, or 3 FTP DPS Toons ? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
281¢
Now here's what i'm doing. I have 6 accounts, but I don't want to sub them all, 3 is good right now, for me.
Question being, should I use 3 Melee DPS mercs, or should I get other toons to fill the slots ?
Main group is a simple War/Clr/Bard, and I have choices for the last 3 spots as follows :
1st spot : Zerker, Necro, Ranger, Pal ( putting Pal in there because it's available, maybe an offtank is a good idea..? )
2nd spot : Shaman, Rogue
3rd spot : Bst, Mage

Right now i'm leaning towards : Nec, Sham, Mage, but i'm stupid, so i'd rather ask you guys !

3 toons for sure. Not only will you get better DPS (even from FTP), but you'll get more utility. Personally I would suggest:

Zerker (or Nec): pure DPS
Bst: Slows, Buffs, great DPS
Mage: DPS is pretty good, COTH is super handy, pet toys are a plus

Hey MrPatate, been a while, hope you been well !
I've been told that as FTP, Necro would be better DPS though, any comment on that ?

Hiya TankHealCC,
It's a good choice. My choice was just more pure melee oriented.
For the ftp part, depends how you are going to manage them. ie you gonna level them to 110/115 and only get them 250 aas, or use an heroic token to get them to 85 then level them to 110/115?
In all case, i would suggest to sub them at least one month once they reach 110/115, so you can use autogrant and max their aas.

Hiya TankHealCC,
It's a good choice. My choice was just more pure melee oriented.
For the ftp part, depends how you are going to manage them. ie you gonna level them to 110/115 and only get them 250 aas, or use an heroic token to get them to 85 then level them to 110/115?
In all case, i would suggest to sub them at least one month once they reach 110/115, so you can use autogrant and max their aas.
The toons have been leveled to a minimum of 108, and subbed at least once, so they have around 22-25k AA from autogrant.
Just need better gear, and more levels, but I went with your pick of Rogue, Zerker, BST, and it went alright. Only regretting not having COTH, tbh XD

Now here's what i'm doing. I have 6 accounts, but I don't want to sub them all, 3 is good right now, for me.
Question being, should I use 3 Melee DPS mercs, or should I get other toons to fill the slots ?
Main group is a simple War/Clr/Bard, and I have choices for the last 3 spots as follows :
1st spot : Zerker, Necro, Ranger, Pal ( putting Pal in there because it's available, maybe an offtank is a good idea..? )
2nd spot : Shaman, Rogue
3rd spot : Bst, Mage

Right now i'm leaning towards : Nec, Sham, Mage, but i'm stupid, so i'd rather ask you guys !
3 mages and CWTN Mage plug-in. Add Snowbound, 2HB from EW, and a Shiver earring from GD on each...game over EQ. This is the dps component of one of my teams and it rips zlandicar a new one every 6 hrs.

The toons have been leveled to a minimum of 108, and subbed at least once, so they have around 22-25k AA from autogrant.
Just need better gear, and more levels, but I went with your pick of Rogue, Zerker, BST, and it went alright. Only regretting not having COTH, tbh XD
I think you made an excellent choice with zerk rog bst but you can always add a FTP mage! The RGMercs for mage is excellent and you can have it assist out of group and setup xtarget healing.

3 mages and CWTN Mage plug-in. Add Snowbound, 2HB from EW, and a Shiver earring from GD on each...game over EQ. This is the dps component of one of my teams and it rips zlandicar a new one every 6 hrs.
Seems cool, but I don't want to up a new toon, that's why i offered the choices of what I have available :D

I think you made an excellent choice with zerk rog bst but you can always add a FTP mage! The RGMercs for mage is excellent and you can have it assist out of group and setup xtarget healing.
RGMercs ? Sorry, I don't know what that is, but i'll look it up :) thanks !

My F2P zerks average about 350k sustained and 1.9m on a burn like zlandicar. They have their epics, all aas, and a BST/BRD for adps.

I actually switched to a zerk from a mage last summer when I someone post their dps numbers. Just no comparison

My F2P zerks average about 350k sustained and 1.9m on a burn like zlandicar. They have their epics, all aas, and a BST/BRD for adps.

I actually switched to a zerk from a mage last summer when I someone post their dps numbers. Just no comparison
Their dps is very nice, he made the right decision for FTP core dps. Great thing about FTP is as long as you don’t mind leveling them you can have as many as you want for utility. I have three rogues just to plant a fellowship fire wherever I want.

Question - 3 DPS Mercs, or 3 FTP DPS Toons ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back