• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - 2nd group setup (1 Viewer)

RedCents
204¢
I'm planning a 2nd group to make small raid force.
Currently have max aa, level 120: SK, SHM, BRD, MAG, BST, ENC, CLE
Only the SK and the SHM are gold level - the rest are ftp silver or green.
So that is 2 healers and 2 CC. I need to add a 2nd tank and I think I was going to try to keep it ftp (spending a couple krono to max the aa)
The SK would be primary tank in any situation, so for the 2nd tank - would it best to go with warrior, paladin or another sk - assuming ftp non-prestige.
I was thinking could roll with SK, SHM, BRD, BST - add zerker and rogue or ranger.
Then maybe Paladin or Warrior tank, CLE, ENC, MAG - add another mage and a druid.

Any thoughts?

In my experience tanks struggle when not actively subbed. The lack of available augs, both type 5 and type 7/8, really hinder you and make you very squishy. If you were going to attempt it, I would suggest warrior for sure as they have the most ability to mitigate incoming dmg with abilities. Plus if you're 2nd group is more melee-focused, the war would benefit most from that.

You may be okay with the second tank if you use krono to sub it, max the AA and get the latest T1 group gear; this is assuming you're just using it for group content or old raid content. Like Atera said, if the tank isn't subbed and you're actually trying real content, it'll get wrecked pretty fast. I'd also agree with the warrior tank call, as well as a ranger and a rogue to pump damage; the ranger is decent damage and adds important aDPS the raid doesn't have, in the second group I'd add a necro and either another mage/druid (mage is more damage, druid adds caster aDPS).

You may be okay with the second tank if you use krono to sub it, max the AA and get the latest T1 group gear; this is assuming you're just using it for group content or old raid content. Like Atera said, if the tank isn't subbed and you're actually trying real content, it'll get wrecked pretty fast. I'd also agree with the warrior tank call, as well as a ranger and a rogue to pump damage; the ranger is decent damage and adds important aDPS the raid doesn't have, in the second group I'd add a necro and either another mage/druid (mage is more damage, druid adds caster aDPS).
Maxing AA of course - and main SK is max aa 120 raid geared SK - just need a tank to run point on 2nd group - probably casters - thinking the SK would tank the melee group to better keep aggro off the melee crew.

Question - 2nd group setup

Users who are viewing this thread

Back