• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tip - 22nd anniversary spoiler (1 Viewer)

Since the old Horn of Unity and the new Unified Phoenix Feather do not share a recast timer I added the following to my .ini files to attempt to make good use of this:

INI:
[DPS]
DPS22=Miniature Horn of Unity|99|Cond19
DPS23=Unified Phoenix Feather|99|Cond20

[KConditions]
Cond19=${Me.PctMana}<60 && !${Me.Song[Grace of Unity].ID}
Cond20=${Me.PctMana}<40 && !${Me.Song[Blessing of Unity].ID}

For Melee I change Mana to Endurance
INI:
[KConditions]
Cond19=${Me.PctEndurance}<60 && !${Me.Song[Grace of Unity].ID}
Cond20=${Me.PctEndurance}<40 && !${Me.Song[Blessing of Unity].ID}

My logic is use the Horn first at higher percentage since it is less effective than the Feather. Blast the feather when you get lower. Both check to see if the other is currently running or not before firing.

Last edited:
The Unity quest itself is cake if you have a mage.

Nothing sees invis. So target a Commander, nav to him (the mesh for this zone is amazing), move away, COTH your crew, kill, rinse, repeat 2x more times.

Farming the pages OTOH is a PITA.

Last edited:
do you need to clear Axtig to turn in the pages? I'm doing this at a much lower level and I can clear all the gnolls and 3 commanders no problem but Axtig does a 60k dmg sweeping lunge strike ( my toons have about 40k health) and one shots my heroes. I have most of the pages, can I skip the uniter?

do you need to clear Axtig to turn in the pages? I'm doing this at a much lower level and I can clear all the gnolls and 3 commanders no problem but Axtig does a 60k dmg sweeping lunge strike ( my toons have about 40k health) and one shots my heroes. I have most of the pages, can I skip the uniter?
You can turn pages in with out finishing the mission

I use bard speed and double invis on my mage. Recorded 3 paths in this file. 1st one takes you to the first commander, 2nd takes you to 2nd, 3rd takes you to safe room across from the boss. All 3 locs are safe to CoH the group.

Copy this to your ..\mq2\release\mq2advpath folder. (or copy and paste into your existing file!)

/play bb_mission1
or
/play bb_mission2
or
/play bb_mission3

Attachments

• oldblackburrow.ini
    12.5 KB · Views: 14
Some questions:
If the the "a burly Gnoll" (PH) spawns and you kill him, then clear the zone, does "a very burly gnoll" always spawn eventually? I have repeated this mission a few times and the only time I got "a very burly gnoll" was if he spawned after killing the First or Second commander. If the "a burly Gnoll" spawns first, I can not get the "a very burly gnoll" to pop by clearing the zone.​
Also, does anyone else have the Doug's (fuck the doug's) aka "Razorgill" warping around the zone like crazy? so annoying.​
--Taz​

Some questions:
If the the "a burly Gnoll" (PH) spawns and you kill him, then clear the zone, does "a very burly gnoll" always spawn eventually? I have repeated this mission a few times and the only time I got "a very burly gnoll" was if he spawned after killing the First or Second commander. If the "a burly Gnoll" spawns first, I can not get the "a very burly gnoll" to pop by clearing the zone.​
Also, does anyone else have the Doug's (fuck the doug's) aka "Razorgill" warping around the zone like crazy? so annoying.​
--Taz​
Yeah the Doug's are annoying and stupid

Some questions:
--Taz​

Finishing the 2nd step in the mission is the trigger for the named "a very burly gnoll". Clearing the zone trash has no effect on the named, it's simply to accumulate pages for the optional bonus step in the quest. You can do those first 2 steps in less than 5 minutes and if the named doesn't spawn you can drop the mission and get a fresh one.

What sort of spawn rate for a very burly gnoll are people seeing? I've been trying to farm just the named by invis running to the first two commanders, doing their text and then dropping task if the ph spawns. Out of 20 missions, I've seen 2 named. Does my rng just stuck? Is there code that increases our decrease the spawn chance based on how many trash is killed?

What sort of spawn rate for a very burly gnoll are people seeing? I've been trying to farm just the named by invis running to the first two commanders, doing their text and then dropping task if the ph spawns. Out of 20 missions, I've seen 2 named. Does my rng just stuck? Is there code that increases our decrease the spawn chance based on how many trash is killed?
Number of times mission restarted, named resets the count
someday 15
3.22.2021 9 3
3.23.2021 3 6 6 7 1 6 5

Last edited:
The first time I ran the mission, I was after the feather and actual completion. So when the named popped first try, I thought it would be an easy task to get augs for the whole group.

yep i was 1 in 9 before i saw one..

1 for 34, it is heart breaking, I gave up. My tank got the good aug. Not worth suffering anymore. I have collected over 6 sets of pages, so yah.... not going back anymore.

4/11 so far.
3 Melee/1 Caster

Update: 6/17
4 Melee/2 Caster

1st Run - Full clear to complete mission and try for Aug/learn the mission. Appeared pages were based on location in zone. New area/group of mobs yielded a new page. Not sure if this would hold up based on all the other comments I read in this thread. PH only. Took about 2hrs on this run. Will be much faster on the next full run with all I have learned about this mission.

Aug Farming Only:
First 2 Commanders only, check PH/Named (Hazah!! for MQ2Nav & MQ2SpawnMaster)
2nd & 3rd - Two melee augs.
4th to 10th - PH - Drop Task / repeat
11th - Melee aug.
Averaging about 10 to 12min on these.

------------------------

Aug Farming: Take out the first two Commanders. If "a very burly gnoll" pops, you can loot the aug on another toon from outside the instance/task & group. Just swap them in. Since the level range on ZAM says 100-115, I'm guessing you can't add a PC in below 100. Will update another time if I find that this is hard set. I have no toons I can test with that are at 100+ that are not already 115.

First Commander:
  1. Double Invis Grp
    1. Only Regular Invis is needed here in Blackburrow
  2. /bcga //nav spawn Gartic
  3. DPS to apx 10 to 12%
  4. Goes inactive.
  5. Remove All aggro including pets and wait for swarm pets to depop.
  6. Click two sets of text replies for update.
Second Commander:
  1. Double Invis Grp
  2. /bcga //nav spawn Xataka
  3. DPS to apx 15 to 20%
  4. Goes inactive.
  5. With Full Attack on still, click text and burn it down.
  6. Check if PH or "a very burly gnoll" pop.
If "a very burly gnoll" -- Always pops in same location.
  1. Double Invis Grp
  2. /bcga //nav spawn very
  3. Burn it down.
  4. Pete, Pete & Repeat...

------------------------

UPDATE:

Useful Keys I have been using successfully:
FYI - If you don't already have [Paste from Clipboard] set within the in game Settings, I have mine set for Ctrl+Shift+V. In game this shows up as [ShCtl V]. Having this setup, it will make it easier to Copy/Paste the lines in the below Social Keys listed into game without having to type it all.

UNITY | Social Key:
/TIMER 470
/pause 3, /bcga //makemevisible
/multiline ; /tar Blevins;/say Help
/pause 400, /bcga //tar Blevins
/bcga //say Ready

1) GARTIC | Social Key:
/pause 10, /bct [BARD] //alt act 3704 # Selo's Sonata 5.5min
/pause 10, /bct [BARD] //alt act 231 # Shauri's Sonorous Clouding 20min
/pause 10, /bcga //tar Gartic
/bcga //nav target

2) XATAKA | Social Key:
/pause 10, /bcga //tar Xataka
/bcga //nav loc -27 670 -68

VERY BURLY | Social Key:
/pause 10, /bcga //tar a very burly gnoll
/bcga //nav target

3) KROLIX | Social Key:
/pause 10, /bcga //tar Krolix
/bcga //nav target

4) AXTIG | Social Key:
/pause 10, /bcga //tar Axtig
/bcga //nav target

Last edited:
I run it almost exactly the way @TheFiddler does. Quick, painless, repeat until your bored. I run my Alpha team through it, then have the other guys guild standard in to get 4 (FV rule set). 2 for use, 2 for shared bank. I got 12 in.. 20-24 runs last night. It seemed rare to NOT get Very Burley.

No double invis is needed, normal invis is sufficient to run all zone.
Taskadd can be used even after named augmentdropper is dead, if you haven't killed 'Arx....' (the last questmob) yet. So if the wrong augment dropped, get a friend's char (or a twink) to loot the augment.

@Dragonslayer Very true, double invis is not needed here. I will make note of that above as well.
Since I roam around with Bard, I have been using double invis for everything. For anyone who does not have this, it would be good for me to mention only regular invis is needed here as you said.

Thank you

Everyone here probably got theirs already... but I did not start this until yesterday. Did they figure out how easy this was and massively nerf the spawn rate for the Very Burly Gnoll?? I've completed this over 40 times and only seen one! Am I doing something wrong?

Everyone here probably got theirs already... but I did not start this until yesterday. Did they figure out how easy this was and massively nerf the spawn rate for the Very Burly Gnoll?? I've completed this over 40 times and only seen one! Am I doing something wrong?
I had terrible luck the first day, great luck on friday, and back to shit luck today.. i think its just RNG..

I run it almost exactly the way @TheFiddler does. Quick, painless, repeat until your bored. I run my Alpha team through it, then have the other guys guild standard in to get 4 (FV rule set). 2 for use, 2 for shared bank. I got 12 in.. 20-24 runs last night. It seemed rare to NOT get Very Burley.

You must be getting all my Very Burlys - I ran 12 today and got 1 lol

I try to mix it up and not get burned out on it. I limit my time to this one for about an hour and then do other stuff. Currently with my keys above I'm able to get about 9 or 10 runs in an hour for aug farming. Trying to get a few more and helping others out as I can for Adoitness which I'm full up on.

Tips:
- If you have a FTP (110) crew...great time to pop a krono...the aa's on these isntances are pretty decent. For even better experience throw a 115 into the mix and it will scale up the dungeon for everyone else. (5 110's, 1 115)
- If you set up your campfire outside by guard...once you clear the top floor, campfire out, drop the mission and re-request...a lot easier than crawling around (Also great for farming pages)
- Make sure you have a bard/ranger...learned something new with /nav spawn XXXX from SIC (Nice job dude) didn't know that was something we could do...once you have all your pages (through method's above)...then kill your nameds.

I'm sure everyone's figured that out by now...but it works really well. Also pages and multiquests are selling for decent coin if you get duplicates.

I wasn't saying it was the RG communities fault. I was expressing opinion and fact or I would have quoted the post. It's shit design ran on a shit server that since they released the anniversary mission every instance has been crashing or failing to load off and on to the point that it makes trying to do cov missions pointless. And @Sum1 I'll show you exactly where to park that whambulance...

I wasn't saying it was the RGs' fault. It's shit design ran on a shit server that since they released the anniversary mission. Every instance has been crashing or failing to load off and on to the point that it makes trying to do cov missions pointless. And @Sum1 I'll show you exactly where to park that whambulance...
OMG did we just agree? lol... [Like in the Movie Stepbrothers]

Tip - 22nd anniversary spoiler

Users who are viewing this thread

Back