• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - 1st (Easy) 6 Box for a new user? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
969¢
As I'm working my way through the learning curve with VV, I have realized that it is going to take longer than I thought to make a 6 box... With that in mind, I would like suggestions on a first six box that will be taken to 115 then to max AAs. What is easiest to learn with? I'm running the CWTN plugins. I have 4 gold accounts. Here is what I'm thinking after using the software for a bit: SK tank - Gold, either a bard or chanter - gold, either a cleric or sham gold, either a zerk or beast - gold. That would be my 4. Then I'm not sure on the last two. I have seen the suggestions for 2 zerkers (if I make the gold a BL). I'm not 100% on anything yet - except the SK (I'm having a blast playing the SK - btw). As I learn how much I have to learn, I want to play and learn and have fun. Is there a class that I'm missing that would make playing these toons to 115 and then max AAs easier (like a mage, or druid, or wiz).

I'm trying to avoid the "Oh, I wish I would have done this earlier". One of my goals is to be able to farm the TOV missions. What has the best synergy with the SK? Am I correct that my 1st 6 box should revolve around him? Does the cleric or sham make leveling easier? When I get to max AAs - am I going to want a Cleric to have them or a Sham?

I would appreciate suggestions on what will make my life easiest as I level up and learn. Also, suggestions on what kinds of things to do along the way. So far i'm just looking at the /shortname missing on CWTN. Should I hit all the content while I work towards 115 or race to 115 and then come back to the content? Do I max AAs along the way or do that after autogrant and 115? I wasn't playing for the epic 1.5 and 2.0s - what level are those for? At what level are they a simple walk-though? Any hints for me as I level the SK?

So far, I have the Hatchery macro working and I can level up to 69 with it (before my SK dies). I have Vorpal's guide to go further, just haven't had time to do the next step yet.

I always suggest start with the "holy trinity" real tank (sk, war, pal), real healer (clr or shm), real CC (bard or ench), and then pair your dps around that. I recommend casters with ench, and melee with bard - but any mix and match can still work.

most important thing is just to enjoy your team, otherwise you're not going to want to play them.

clr is a more solid out-the-box minimal-investment to maximum performance option for healing, tho shm gives a little more adps for your team --- they are both viable in current game content for solo healing.

the game changes quite a bit when you get into the 85-100 game and even more so once you get to 101+ when you start getting synergy focus, and dicho lines (and AAs that add more to class definition)

for the following classes you 100% want your epic 1.5 and then 2.0. you should work on getting these as soon as you can as they are very awesome all the way from when you can get them up till current content.

sk
cleric
zerker
bard
rogue
necro (2.5 if you can) --- this may or may not no longer be a thing but they keep not fixing it like they think they did

Sic has good points,

Out of the box,

Warrior - Super easy to macro ( Even though longterm or you wanna learn to play the SK .. its most of our choices )
Cleric - Must have (Shammy needs tons more AA )
BL - Must have Swiss Army Knife can do everything well
Zerker - best dps and easy to max
Rogue/Zerker/Mage depends on utility you want.. rogue SoS is great for corpse recoveries or just to run around and learn where you are camping or dungeon scouting. Mage has CoTH which is amazing when doing progression and running 1 toon to a camp and then CotH. DS/Mana rods,
Chanter is best lockdown instant CC.. / Bard provides alot of other advantages - End game is Bard, easiest to keep group alive is Chanter

Sk, Cl, Bl, Zerk, Rogue, Bard is amazing dps and has utility

Would def say go with gold and go with
Sk for tank
Shm healer(take a bit to get maxed but man are they worth it)
bard (omg yes, just yes)
Bst (this lets you use the best pet focus)
Zerk
Zerk(or rogue, i use 2x zerk and they are super)

The Sk can help heal himself while Shm gets up there. however my new play group (same as i listed) the shm is solo healing and has been since 70 and now is 88, and my SK pulls 2 to 5 mobs at a time.

When I started 6-boxing about 14 month ago, I started with shd, brd, shm and 3 mages.
What I noted since:
-there have been situations which I could not pass with the cc of my bard, so I grow an enchanter on his account.
-bard delivers more adps than ench, so I max first ench, than bard. Once both maxed with gear and aa, I prefer bard for farmcamps.
-in "open world" melees are more evident noted to be played with supporting apps, whereas caster are much less 'suspicous' in their behavior
-sk (as any real tank, I presume) needed serveral love, gear and AA until he was able to tank, but in the long run was well worth the effort.
-shm can mh anything a group can run into ... atleast all including ToV. For CoV I can't speak yet. In Raid-zones you'll have to wait 5 minutes b4 you can rezz.

If I would have to start a new crew today, I would go with sk, clr, ench and 3 nec. (3 nec, not because I know this class, but based of what I see from 2 ingame-friends dealing actually)

Last edited:
Thanks @ everyone. I think my hardest choice will be what not to put in the box. I want it ALL! 😁. It sounds like as long as I like my tank, and have the trinity, I should like the box. I do like the SK. I will go with what supports the SK the best.

I have had some issues with Chanter crack not stacking with SK spells. Is this a problem through 115? should I go Bard because he helps the SK with both mana and DPS? Or, am I looking at the chanter wrong?

I'm really liking how easy the zerker is with the CTWN plugin. So, I think I will go the melee way (the first time) and likely go caster next time. Likewise I'll go with a Cleric and then do a Sham next time.

So, I have decided on: SK, BL, Cleric, Zerk, ? - likely a mage if it wont hurt my DPS too much - if it will then another Zerk, and CC (Bard or Chanter - I can't decide on that). So with a split group of casters and melee is the chanter or bard best.

I think the biggest point everyone will agree on is creating the holy trinity that you like at the core of your crew. I am one of the few that run a paladin as my main tank and I absolutely love him. But mileage varies per player, pick something that you will be happy with. I also run a super safe team that uses a cleric and a shaman at the same time. Not a popular choice, but I like to farm named as I leveled up the team and this combo could power through most all of them without my help in all level ranges. I have found like others, that there are some ranges that the shaman struggles a bit on its own and does need AA investment to shine. So I use both and call it a win. I think your pick of CC will depend on how you want to set up your DPS. As Sic mentioned above, enchanters fit a bit better with spell DPS and bards bring more to the table for melee teams. But again it really is personal choice here.

Most importantly overall I have to agree with Sic - play what you enjoy overall. It is your team - if you don't want to play them they are doomed already. Most people disagree with my team comp, but I will not surrender my paladin for anything. I run multiple groups so I can use all the tanks, but my paladin is still my favorite. Be you, and get it done your way.

Stick with what you like.
SK is alot more AA's and growth then a WAR, however for group content, a WAR is wasted. SK provides support and better DPS. Id live with a little pain and go with a SK.
Clerics are amazing healers.. again a waste in most group content. Shaman can do heals, slow and DPS. Id go with a Shaman.
Chanter is hands down the best CC, provides a little XP at? 96?. However as with clerics, just not needed for group. Bard can CC, DPS decently, provides huge ADP boost.

DPS is whatever. Zerkers are easy mode melee, Mages are easy mode casters (plus they come with backup tanks), I would try to blend late game synergy effects for effeciancy, but really they all work.

My groups-
war/shm/brd/zerk/zerk/zerk (max/max)
war/clr/bst/zerk/zerk/zerk (max/max)
SK/shm/brd/rog/rog/rog (max/max)
SK/clr/bst/rog/rog/rog (max/max)

Then i have randoms max/max i can swap in for specific needs: mage x2, chanter x1, necro x1, wizard x1, ranger x1

The Versatile grp. If you want to play eq - do all the stuff - have all the buffs wherever you go then I suggest the following:

SK - Troll of course - Most versatile tank (FD, Invis, IVU, LEV, Good Burst dps, Deflection, SK Epic)
SHM Troll of course - Great Grp asset - can also do Alchemy, and Focus Buffs, and BEAR illusion!
CLR - DarkElf - BUFFS
MAG - Gnome - COTH, dps, Pet wpns, Can do Tinkering, Food for the Trolls, grp invis, grp lev
ENC - Dark Elf - ENC Buffs, CC, grp invis, grp lev

My 6th is another SK - Troll of course - It wasnt by design, but Ive never regretted it. Imagine any Group fight in the game, and U have 2 Epics,2 Deflections, etc and U can trigger SK Alliance very easy with just 3 casts.
Get you ENC running Twincast Aura, and/or using Twin Spear and often u can trigger Alliance with just 2 casts. Its awesome sauce.

I wouldnt mind a Rog as 6th Char. SOS is awesome, DPS is good, Poisoning.
Don't tell the pallies, but I would also consider a Pally as a 6th so u get Brells and slays.

The most important thing is to play a grp that you enjoy playing. Each Character I play is actually a toon I want to invest time into and develop.
I dont worry that my dps isnt as good as a WAR/SHM/BRD/ZERK/ZERK/ZERK grp
You cant do Griklors in 15 seconds, but if you can do it in a minute, does it really matter?

I always suggest start with the "holy trinity" real tank (sk, war, pal), real healer (clr or shm), real CC (bard or ench), and then pair your dps around that. I recommend casters with ench, and melee with bard - but any mix and match can still work.

most important thing is just to enjoy your team, otherwise you're not going to want to play them.

clr is a more solid out-the-box minimal-investment to maximum performance option for healing, tho shm gives a little more adps for your team --- they are both viable in current game content for solo healing.

the game changes quite a bit when you get into the 85-100 game and even more so once you get to 101+ when you start getting synergy focus, and dicho lines (and AAs that add more to class definition)

for the following classes you 100% want your epic 1.5 and then 2.0. you should work on getting these as soon as you can as they are very awesome all the way from when you can get them up till current content.

sk
cleric
zerker
bard
rogue
necro (2.5 if you can) --- this may or may not no longer be a thing but they keep not fixing it like they think they did

Agree with Sic, there's basically two arcs...and combinations of those two arcs.
  1. Caster Arc...in which case you go: Tank/healer/crowd control - Then - Wiz wiz wiz, Mage Mage mage, or Necro Necro Necro
  2. Melee Arc...in which case you go: Tank/healer/crowd control - Berserker, Berserker, Berserker,
The reason i start each Arc with 3 of either your caster class of choice is because each class has an "Alliance" type of effect that will build on other characters of the same class once you hit 105+. From the base above you can iterate and adjust to your taste.

Here's where my personal opinions come out a little. For my lazy style of play...caster arc is the cheapest and easiest to play/maintain. The downsize is that they've got slightly less dps than melee arc and you will have longer downtimes due to med. On the opposite end of that is the melee arc has amazing dps...but it's quite costly because melee/tank classes are highly gear dependent.

Now that's not to say i don't have one of each...but if you're starting out...consider that casters are pretty much effective out of the box and work amazingly as long as they're not getting hit with just spells. Also from a cost consideration once you top out on level's aa...a caster can run on crap gear with good aa's forever without costing you a dime. A melee arc will require you to pay to use "Prestige gear" for that "extra" dps.

Food for thought, end of day agree with all the wise people on this forum. It is ultimately your call.

Thanks @ everyone. I think my hardest choice will be what not to put in the box. I want it ALL! 😁. It sounds like as long as I like my tank, and have the trinity, I should like the box. I do like the SK. I will go with what supports the SK the best.

I have had some issues with Chanter crack not stacking with SK spells. Is this a problem through 115? should I go Bard because he helps the SK with both mana and DPS? Or, am I looking at the chanter wrong?

I'm really liking how easy the zerker is with the CTWN plugin. So, I think I will go the melee way (the first time) and likely go caster next time. Likewise I'll go with a Cleric and then do a Sham next time.

So, I have decided on: SK, BL, Cleric, Zerk, ? - likely a mage if it wont hurt my DPS too much - if it will then another Zerk, and CC (Bard or Chanter - I can't decide on that). So with a split group of casters and melee is the chanter or bard best.

Fun thought...accts are free...so why not make one of each and try before you buy? Lots of us have literally 10+ accounts precisely because of that. ALso...depending on your hardware you can probably run your crews side-by-side and see which one you prefer. Eventually you'll get into farming/questing...and once you go down that rabbit hole and sink time you want to focus primarly on your main team.

@an_image - I had thought of that (playing both), and I will. I just wanted something easy to start with. Though I'm not in a rush. I can use Hatchery and PL them up to 85 and then put my groups together and try them out to see how I like them. The one problem with that is I have toons scattered over levels so I can't just get 6 exactly to 85 - some are already over that that I wanted to use - unless I buy some heroics. I hadn't fully understood why people play 3 of x. That makes perfect sense though. I have a 25k (ish) AA mage so, I have to think about if I want to play casters. hmm. So far, I have had fun with everything I have played. I'm sure once I level one group I will do more.

my input would be to take SK+BRD as non-negotiable core, and either DRU + 3x MAG, or SHM + melee dps like Zerkers or rogues. (DRU has strong fire synergy with mages).

I have a hybrid group: SK, BRD, SHM, DRU, MAG, BST, it will never outperform the two other main setups, but it will also not grow boring anytime soom, and I can swap the DRU for what ever toon I want to PL :-). My uncommon setup is driven by the fact that my RL friends main the DRU and SHM when they have the time - I make sure to keep the rest of the group running, and also automate their toons when they can play so they get some AA.

Sometimes I swap the DRU for a mage, but at 110, the group can hold an average of 650k dps over 200 mobs in most constellations, which is fine, if not impressive. 3 zerkers will likely double that or more, I think. But how much dps do you need to kill trash? :-). I like the feel when the mobs do not evaporate in 12-18 sec.

BRD is very versatile, and gives great adps and mana, I also have an ENC at the same level, but it is easier for me to get good value and fun out of the BRD.

The “trick” with mages is to chain pull and have all pets, swarm pets, etc up and running, for the best nuke in the game (...Of Many), and to try to have them cast RS at different times, for the AA Synergy buf. Also, you can make macros to split out tanking between pets if things get dicey, and your SK is going down. Pets, and especially RS swarm pets, are a very substantial part of mage dps, and therefore benefits from melee adps from SHM, BRD, and BST. Even Air pets have solid dps with good adps, if you need the off-tanking backup. I drive my mage, and send in the air pet first into the midst of 3-4 mobs, to draw fire until the SK engages and takes aggro.

Mage alliance is not particulary useful when dealing with trash, priest alliance is pretty cool, if you have several priest (which will cost you wrt dps)...

Also, you can get like 5 million PP online for 20-25 usd, this will make some things easier and faster, if you are into that.

Honeslty you have the start of a great group there

Sk- best Group tank out there atm, Warriors excell on raid targets , and when disc rotating, But their alot more squishy when havnt got discs out, Plus Sk can do considerate damage which Helps
Clr - ive ran both Cleric/Shammy at end game and cleric comes down hands best, Fast heals, Their aura which is like 11% HP boost, and a 3% damage mitragation aura, which you can cast both, good buffs, unless your cleric dies, you wont die with a cleric, Shammy are good for buffs/utlity and are semi decent healers, but i struggled when i first broke into ToV with a shammy healer, Their "best" heals have slighty to high of a cooldown for the hard hitters, last bonus for sham is slow, which you have covered
Ench/bard- This entirly comes down to how you have your last 2/3 toons, If your going a melee based team, bard wins hands down, their songs, can Slow/mez, Insane Adps burns, and their dps has greatly increased in the later game, But if you want to go with more Caster based dps, You want enchanter hands down, again can slow/mez but on a much better scale as bard, you get your chanty mind crack , and they have some great additions to Caster dps, Mainly Illusions of gradeur and the chromatic haze lines,
Bst- if you keep this class, They are insane at the late game, So many buffs for other charss , Their attack Line etc, feral? cant remeber been while since i played my 110 bst properly, But these melee buffs will go a long long long way with melee, Some people say 1bst/2Zerker is better than 3zerker., bonus on bst you also get a semi decent pet, not quite as strong as mage, but still pretty great and good dps on its own, Plus Bsts can FD now
So if you go with Bst,
You have 2 spots avail, Now you need to decide what you want, follwing the bard/ench decisons

If you go Bard-
Monk/Zerker is a great combo, i found my monk outdpsed my Zerker untill 110 when he got his ToV chase 2hander, Monk can pull very well,. can even back up tank, and one the great little tips about monk, if your group wipes, you can FD on Monk, get some Token of rez's so you can always get your team back up pretty quick after a rez.
Plus with 2 differennt classes youve got 2 diferent class buffs going off constantlyu, sygenizing off each other ( sorry very late for me so brains blank)
Zerker/Zerker is insane = resulting in Huge amount of damage from the zerkers, be able to keep most camps down with this team, but if your one that doesnt like same of multiple class beacuse it feels like a waste ( my own oponion tbh it benefits in ways though)
If you go Ench
youve got 3 options,
Wiz - Pretty much self spoken, King of nuking, you get many nukes that are spamable do pretty insane damage, this mixed with IoG + Chromatic Haze can result in HUGE damage every 20mins, or when the Gift of haze procs from the enchanter,
You can port your group to your bind, have other Ports avaialble so much easier to access zones, and you can Succor, The great old ooh shit, i need get out fast spell!
Mage - Their pet is their staple, Their pet are incredible dps, incredible tanks, ( usually the pet will tank better than a Tank untill geared for that level) you have alot of Nice damage spells, your rampaging servant pet, all resulting in semi decent dps aswell, not just that, They have Coth, and with a addition of i think CoTF, became group Coth which makes zipping around zones so much eaiser, run mage, group coth, zone :)
Necro - now this may seem like odd option for a group dps class, in the lower expansions the necro is nothing but a pet class that throws away a couple swift dots in the group game, But this class excells even more so In the later expansion,s ToV/Cov the whole reason of this, is beacuse the huge hp scale in those expansions, ive heard of 3 necro groups dominating 3 zerker groups espically since the dot revamp and the pet got a slight buff, got FD abilitys, and also a rez, so can use this in the similiar way as spoken in the Monk,

I apolgise if this is long winded, and spoken badly, Grammer isnt my strong point :)

Remix :)

@DadBod - Can you post a link on where to get the PP. That sounds like a much better deal than buying Krono at the marketplace.

playerauctions.com

The site will transfer the money to the seller after you verify that you have recieved the PP, so sort of oriented towards building trust between seller and buyer.

I got my PP within a few hours. I have used other sites in the past, only bought PP, and never had a problem.

I don’t see any loosers in this, so even if it against the DPG rules, I can’t find anything objectionable with it.

I've been debating what to start playing around with to box as I got bored rolling a solo necro on a 'remembering the good old days' voyage, and this thread has been extremely helpful. Szazor and remix's posts were great, because I think I'm going to make a Dark Elf party of SK - Enc - wiz - mage - necro and a troll shaman.
Should give me a ton of utility and things to play around with, but also flexibility to box a few and main whatever class I'm feeling at the time. Thanks y'all.
edit: I know this just makes for a huge fight for cloth caster drops, but I figure its going to be the opposite problem for melee if I did bard / zerk / bst / rog, etc. Just means I can dump any other items for cash to get caster gear. :D

Last edited:
I think it depends on what you mean by easy. quality of live/utility, high dps output, paid plugin vs KA. I will breakdown what I use currently and what other teams I use. Firstly WAR,CLR,BRD,BER,MAG,WIZ. Warrior best tank ingame for mitigation. Cleric is best healer and battle rez is priceless. Bard has competitive dps but you need to have all the aa's maxxed out before this becomes true. Other then that selo's and dual invis will spoil you rotten when it comes to getting around with your team. Slumber and wave of sleep are solid CC's, requiem of time is a solid slow. Berzerker is a big dumb brute that puts out hella damage. The mage supplies dps and CoH but I use the pet with taunt on it cannot really pull it from my main tank often but should something bad happen and my tank goes down the mob will roll up on the mag we pet and keep it busy while my cleric throws out a rez. Wiz is just good dps and taxi service with evac. I call this my middle of the road team. My secondary team is the same except I swap out the cleric with a shaman. my tertiary team will be SK,SHM,BRD,ROG,BER,BST. the rog sk and bst are being leveled currently so not sure how it will all turn out but im sure it will be a team of endless destrustion no pesky med brakes or at least alot less of them. I am playing with the idea of a all range cloth team but the melee team first. How this helps in some way most important thing is to play toons you like playing.

45-day (+-) follow-up... by easy I meant: easy for a new player to grasp/play. The amount of help on the boards is fantastic - thank you all for being so nice. Since my post, I have learned a ton, both about EQ and VV. It has changed what I thought I was asking. I'm working now on bringing, at least, 2 crews up to play around with. I'm focusing on bringing up 2 trinities and 3 groups of fillers - not sure that is the correct word. I plan to try out several different crews before I settle on one. Some things are still a bit confusing - so I'm going to post on a different thread about them because they are different topics.

my working group is SK PAL ROG DRU ENC CLR, the SK is the MT with the paladin keeping enough hate up to be the instant new target should the SK drop, enchanter does a great job at CC and for mez immune things we have the secondary tank to fall back on as well as the enchanter pet not the best but with AA it becomes not just a speedbump and can hold it's own with some heals for more than enough time to regroup the tanks, this also gives 3 healers and redundant combat rez. for DPS it's not the best group although when dealing with a named and go full burn both the DRU and ENC can pump out a ton of damage, plus 3 diff sets of swarm pets. as far a working on nice blue-yellow trash mobs we can run for a sustained chunk of time before we have to pause and take a quick med break.
one thing i have found are super handy, the rouge usually has a stack of rez tokens and a few bayle marks so they can campfire back to the zone, drag everyone somewhere safe and we either do the group shuffle and make room for cleric merc or if it's a tight spot and i want to make a fast rez the ROG rezes the CLR who pops in and ae rezes, alternatively when there is a wanderer or weird pathing and no real safe spot druid gets rezed and then there is a group invis on hand once the rez starts casting and then again when it lands.

As I'm working my way through the learning curve with VV, I have realized that it is going to take longer than I thought to make a 6 box... With that in mind, I would like suggestions on a first six box that will be taken to 115 then to max AAs. What is easiest to learn with? I'm running the CWTN plugins. I have 4 gold accounts. Here is what I'm thinking after using the software for a bit: SK tank - Gold, either a bard or chanter - gold, either a cleric or sham gold, either a zerk or beast - gold. That would be my 4. Then I'm not sure on the last two. I have seen the suggestions for 2 zerkers (if I make the gold a BL). I'm not 100% on anything yet - except the SK (I'm having a blast playing the SK - btw). As I learn how much I have to learn, I want to play and learn and have fun. Is there a class that I'm missing that would make playing these toons to 115 and then max AAs easier (like a mage, or druid, or wiz).

I'm trying to avoid the "Oh, I wish I would have done this earlier". One of my goals is to be able to farm the TOV missions. What has the best synergy with the SK? Am I correct that my 1st 6 box should revolve around him? Does the cleric or sham make leveling easier? When I get to max AAs - am I going to want a Cleric to have them or a Sham?

I would appreciate suggestions on what will make my life easiest as I level up and learn. Also, suggestions on what kinds of things to do along the way. So far i'm just looking at the /shortname missing on CWTN. Should I hit all the content while I work towards 115 or race to 115 and then come back to the content? Do I max AAs along the way or do that after autogrant and 115? I wasn't playing for the epic 1.5 and 2.0s - what level are those for? At what level are they a simple walk-though? Any hints for me as I level the SK?

So far, I have the Hatchery macro working and I can level up to 69 with it (before my SK dies). I have Vorpal's guide to go further, just haven't had time to do the next step yet.
My group is SK/SHM/Bard/Zerk/Zerk/Beast and as of lst night all 115. and all gold. They can jack shit up! and the CWTN plugins are awesome.

Last edited:
I've been debating what to start playing around with to box as I got bored rolling a solo necro on a 'remembering the good old days' voyage, and this thread has been extremely helpful. Szazor and remix's posts were great, because I think I'm going to make a Dark Elf party of SK - Enc - wiz - mage - necro and a troll shaman.
Should give me a ton of utility and things to play around with, but also flexibility to box a few and main whatever class I'm feeling at the time. Thanks y'all.
edit: I know this just makes for a huge fight for cloth caster drops, but I figure its going to be the opposite problem for melee if I did bard / zerk / bst / rog, etc. Just means I can dump any other items for cash to get caster gear. :D

Its been a month and I've already hit 52, it has been fantastic rolling around with this group of basically pure casters. ENC clarity really pushes up-time along, shaman generally at 90% mana since theres barely any healing to be done, and the KissAssist mez is delightful. The only real problems I've had are just barreling into a brand new area I've never been in before and getting too much stuff on me at once, but I'm sure I'll run into some issues since all of my casters arent wearing full suits of defiant. Not enough to go around yet. I just play the SK like normal and let everyone else go off damage markers to step in.

Work has their thumb on the back of my neck right now, so not getting the playtime I want. But, I have 2 crews running/starting: SK/Zerk/Zerk/BL/Bard/CLR and working on Magex3, Enc, Shm, SK. Crew 1, I did all heroic and gold - for a fast start. I'm working on SK Epic and TS now (since I am limited on play) and a bit of HOThule so I don't go crazy, plus I want the rewards. Doing the epics is helping me learn to box. It is great running into problems against level 50-65 mobs when I'm 86-93, instead of finding them when I'm going against yellows. It lets me power through problems and then go figure out how to fix them. Doing the HOT content is fun as I have hunted there a few times, but never tried the quests. I figure I can aug & epic up, before I go advance too much. I watched all the advice on epics so I will get them for all of crew 1 ASAP (minus the BL). I really wanted to be 115, like last week. However, the pure enjoyment of being able to take on content around my level and plow through it is exhilarating!

yeah I didn't know wiz were weak this exp.

I retired mine finally exact setup in your post. I keep playing my mage group but frankly the wiz are sitting at 110 still. Just so weak these days. Even mage are on the weak side. Melee has just jumped so far ahead. It’s hard to justify playing a mage even - wiz just plain broken.

Question - 1st (Easy) 6 Box for a new user?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back