• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Funny - 19900 for a suit of armor huh .... (1 Viewer)

Has Daybreak gone of the deep end? I will just let myself out, thanks....

View attachment 30462
Considering all access accounts only gain 500 DBC per month, it would literally take more than 3 full years of saving up (and faithfully paying for all access all that time) to earn enough to buy the "Golden Hero" armor set. Clearly they released this armor in case Jeff or Elon are playing EQ!? 🙀🤷‍♀️

they accidently put gold heroes forge on a vendor for 1cp each quite a few years ago, when they had the recruitment system and the golden heroes forge was the top prize.

Just want to point out that not everyone spends their DBC from subs. Gotta find something to do with it. Unlike the case with "I am Rich" and the following app on android "I am Richer" there isn't really an alternative comparison to donating it to a charity. You of course could have wasted it on heritage packs, oathbringer packs, exp potions etc. But either way, the options are limited and if you just happen to have the DBC laying around, this seems like a good way to squish down.

Now if you're paying RL money for the DBC, then whew. I got an app to sell you that I haven't made yet :-P

This is basically making a donation to support the game. I have seen at least a couple people wearing this over the years. If I had more disposable income, I would actually get this as it's a v nice looking set.

That said, I was reading a thread on the official forums where people were asking for an option to buy guaranteed illusion items instead of having to play loot crate roulette and saying they'd be willing to pay $150 for it. There are def whales in EQ willing to pony up the cash for this stuff.

they accidently put gold heroes forge on a vendor for 1cp each quite a few years ago, when they had the recruitment system and the golden heroes forge was the top prize.
That wasn't an accident. After you got 20 friends then you got the Golden set of Armor as a reward - after that further referrals allowed you to buy more pieces for 1.

Since it took 20 friends and each friend was basically a $10 value so they valued the armor set at $200.

Now it comes out anniversary time each year. But hey, don't forget our discount :golfclap:

If you all wanna some legit, high-grade brainworms when it comes to spending $$$ on digital pixels, go check out Star Citizen. But don't say I didn't warn you.

This is a SS of one of their ulta-whales bragging about how much he's spent on a "game" that is no where close to being playable:
C-hxR9NXcAImzex.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That wasn't an accident. After you got 20 friends then you got the Golden set of Armor as a reward - after that further referrals allowed you to buy more pieces for 1.

Since it took 20 friends and each friend was basically a $10 value so they valued the armor set at $200.

Now it comes out anniversary time each year. But hey, don't forget our discount :golfclap:
oh no, they accidently opened it for everyone, ive never recruited or been recruited in the RAF thing and i bought a set

If you all wanna some legit, high-grade brainworms when it comes to spending $$$ on digital pixels, go check out Star Citizen. But don't say I didn't warn you.

This is a SS of one of their ulta-whales bragging about how much he's spent on a "game" that is no where close to being playable:

1622391144839.png
In total I've spent just under $1600 on it since 2015 or so.
6 years for a total of 72 months. $1600/72 = $22.22 per month average.

I think I'm fairly safe in regards to a reasonable amount spent over the time period. Though I don't disagree that the game is in a poor state to spend so much on it.
But I also only log into it for a couple of months out of every year. Play with the new toys and then wait for more changes.

I guess to put it into perspective from that point of view as well.
If you get an EQ subscription for 1 account, and you get every expansion that comes out every year for 6 years.
Let's assume you're paying for the sub 1 year at a time so $9.99 per/month for a total of $119.88 per year x 6 = $719.28
Now to buy an expansion when it comes out. $34.99 per year x 6 = 209.94

So a total spent for each account on EQ would be about $929.22 over the course of 6 years.

Then multiply that by how many accounts you keep subbed. For me, it's 6.
So $929.22 x 6 = $5,575.32

So the average I've spent on EQ over the same time period is 5,575.32 / 72 = $77.44 per month.

This of course is paying for your subscriptions using the annual option (and doesn't take into account expansion discounts, or taxes for any of it). If you almost exclusively use Krono then the value varies based on the market, but I would argue the value to EQ is still the initial cost of the Krono that someone paid.

I guess to put it into perspective from that point of view as well.
If you get an EQ subscription for 1 account, and you get every expansion that comes out every year for 6 years.
Let's assume you're paying for the sub 1 year at a time so $9.99 per/month for a total of $119.88 per year x 6 = $719.28
Now to buy an expansion when it comes out. $34.99 per year x 6 = 209.94

So a total spent for each account on EQ would be about $929.22 over the course of 6 years.

Then multiply that by how many accounts you keep subbed. For me, it's 6.
So $929.22 x 6 = $5,575.32

So the average I've spent on EQ over the same time period is 5,575.32 / 72 = $77.44 per month.

This of course is paying for your subscriptions using the annual option (and doesn't take into account expansion discounts, or taxes for any of it). If you almost exclusively use Krono then the value varies based on the market, but I would argue the value to EQ is still the initial cost of the Krono that someone paid.

As a finance person, I'm going to give you a redcent for turning me on.

Back in 2011 there was a lady who had spent $400k on EQ2 (pretty sure it was 2, not 1).

A Golden Hero plate set for 199.00! :dance: -
WHAT A DEAL! Especially if you miss Disco and all the gold Lame. I mean Lame'!
(pondering) It might not be a coincidence they are spelled the same.

I guess it all comes down to what you are passionate about in your entertainment. I mean, I game on Live-TLP-P99. Each has their own experience and varying rules. I pay for 6 gold accounts a month for my primary team so that team doesn't have to work as hard. But I have friends that spend over 200 a month on cable bills just to have random pay TV channels. To me seems a waste - but they see my EQ habit as a waste. Not saying Imma go buy this armor, but it's all down to the person. Come to think of it I have been paying for EQ in some way shape or form for 22 years. I should get a stock voucher or something ....

Funny - 19900 for a suit of armor huh ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back