• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - 12 Toon Raids? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
239¢
So I got my second group fully maxed out and looking to dive into some 2 group raids. Just wondering what would be some that I can handle and try? Toons consists of the following all 125 with Maxx AA. WAR and SHD are subbed. How would you assign to each group? Any that you think should be swapped out for a different class (can level a new one)? All run cwtn except bard.

WAR
SHD
BST
ROG
BSK
BRD
ENC
WIZ
NEC
MAG
SHM
CLE

You've asked two things here, I'll reply as such:

What raids could you do? Maybe Zlandicar or earlier.
How would you break the groups up?
  • WAR+SHM+ENC+NEC+WIZ+MAG
  • SHD+CLR+BST+BER+ROG+BRD

I think its worth trying Shei but I really don't think you will be able to beat it with those 2 groups, but worth trying.

You are fairly limited in your healing.

Normally I'd make a "tank group" using your War, SK, Clr, Sham , +2 but then you have no healers for your 2nd group so maybe:

WAR, CLE, ENC, WIZ, NEC, MAG
SHD, SHM, BRD , BST, ROG, BSK

As far as what you can take out. Shei is by far the easiest "recent" raid, but you're going to struggle with the alien adds because you have a limited number of AE mez/roots. It might be doable, but I expect the 5x waves to get messy.

Your DPS is going to be too low to beat the piper adds on zland, and you don't have enough tank/heals to stand and fight them, you might be able to get a win using someone to kite the adds.

So two more questions now based on your responses.

1. Any replacements I should make with the current classes in these two groups to make it more viable?

2. If I were to start a 3rd group what would you recommend to complimenr my other two groups and make raids more viable?

If you really want to go with 12, then start back in HoTT or something like that and work your way forward.

If you want to add to the group then my ideal 3x raid group might be ...

G1: war, war, sk, clr, shm, bard ( maybe swap bard for 2nd cleric )
G2: shm,brd, 4x melee
G3: druid,bard,enchanter, 3x casters ( maybe swap druid for 2nd or 3rd cleric )

That is assuming you have good automation for the all the classes and they are setup so all the ADPS work together.

Why 3x bards? - Bards are force multipliers. Each bards adds ~ 20-30% dps to each other member of the group
Why 3x tanks? - Many events require you to tank multiple things.

Why so many healers? As you get closer to current raids the damage done to your tanks is going to go up a lot.

You are not going to be winning events by DPS, so you need to be able to super tank everything.

Why clerics vs Shaman? - Shaman are gods when it comes to splash, but clerics are 2nd to none when it comes to fast heals. With 2x clerics and shaman your main tank should be nearly indestructible on older raids.

It all depends on max level, f2p, or not.

3 groups minimum IMHO. Three tanks (Your choice but WAR are kings for tanking raids), 4 Heals(2 x CLR minimum+1 SHM + Any), 3x BRD, 1 ENC, rest DPS your choice. If F2P and no augs, stick with casters even though currently melee is king in the current xpac. At some point if they continue on without a stat squish, augs won't even matter. Everyone will be capped in gear alone.

It all depends on max level, f2p, or not.

3 groups minimum IMHO. Three tanks (Your choice but WAR are kings for tanking raids), 4 Heals(2 x CLR minimum+1 SHM + Any), 3x BRD, 1 ENC, rest DPS your choice. If F2P and no augs, stick with casters even though currently melee is king in the current xpac. At some point if they continue on without a stat squish, augs won't even matter. Everyone will be capped in gear alone.
What do you mean "stat squish"?

I believe he means some sort of rework to the bloated stat numbers the game has seen over the past few years to bring numbers back down to manageable ranges. Like how you used to be happy to crit over 100 and now you're like "woo~ another 100k noncrit :rolleyes:." WoW did this successfully I believe, but I think it was a lot of work.

Knave is correct. WOW has done it a few times. Work...yes, but it is something that is a must. It is going to start getting a lot more ridiculous looking at damage numbers and combat logs when people are hitting for 10m a swing. People are already at the crit caps aren't they? Like...what is the point?

EQ devs are like Vanilla Ice:
"Will it ever stop?
Yo, I don't know"

Knave is correct. WOW has done it a few times. Work...yes, but it is something that is a must. It is going to start getting a lot more ridiculous looking at damage numbers and combat logs when people are hitting for 10m a swing. People are already at the crit caps aren't they? Like...what is the point?

EQ devs are like Vanilla Ice:
"Will it ever stop?
Yo, I don't know"
Most classes aren’t at the melee crit cap without significant short term adps buffs going. Ber/war are the only two able to hit consistent 100% crit rate without factoring in short term adps buffs

Question - 12 Toon Raids?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back