• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Never Lose A Duel Again! (1 Viewer)

.b00n.

RedCents
10¢
Are you tired of getting owned by someone two levels below you? Have no fear! Below are some easy tricks to beating your opponents in duels:

1) Use the enemies weaknesses against them:
- Tanks: A fighters weakness is that it needs to do melee damage... other than its ranged attack, fighters have little ranged attacks. How to get around this? Easy, mages use your root/mezzes, healers use your stuns/fears, scouts use your ranged and directionals.

-Mages: Mages rely on long casting timers... so best way around this is interupting them. I pwned a lvl 70 wizard with my 62 berzerker just by using my spells that knockback, stifle, stun...

-Scouts: Scouts rely on directional attacks, ie, flanking and behind... nice little exploit that someone said was nerfed, but works: When a scout gets behind you, toggle your auto attack off and then on again, this will turn you.

-Healers: A healers worst nightmare (well i guess all classes) is running out of power... so, basically, let the healer do his small amount of dmg, while you just sit idly by - recommend using some regen items such as imbued pieces, regeration V items, potions, etc - and when the sucker is out of power, let the barrage begin... basically throw in some stuns and stifles in between

2) Use Items and Tactics

Ever dueled a chanter? or mage? hate that damn root and mez? well, i recently found that if you are mezzed, using items such as the mystical eyepatch and the manastone proc breaks the mez.

Also, ever lose a battle when you are both in the red? next time you are in the Halls of Fate, and clear the end boss, grab a vial from the table near sothis, free 3 k nuke

Playing smart is a big key to winning, use your surroundings! IE, playing on a bridge surrounded by water? use a knockback to toss your opponent while you have time to regen! or, playing in kos? fear your foe off the stinking island!

Anyways, best of luck to all duelers, look for more posts from me in the future, im back baby :)

Never Lose A Duel Again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back