• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Power Levels 2box or friend (1 Viewer)

[email protected]

RedCents
Okay I thought id share my way of bringing my alts up to speed. This method works best if you can 2box or have a high lvl friend.

First you have the high lvl toon, (60 or higher works best) be it friend or 2box. His main job is to keep aggro on the mob while doing as little damage as possible. The more damage he does the less xp you will get. It really doesnt matter which class the aggro'r is.

Fighters can keep aggro easier, mages arnt bad but cant take the damage on the higher mobs, healers cant generate much aggro but can heal and rez if things go wrong.

Now you have the toon being powerlvld. The class matters a little more in this case because healers just dont have dps. While you can use them its best to get a friend who wants to lvl up a dpser to join yah.

The strategy is simple. Make sure the encounters are unlocked and your not grouped with the agrro'r( you can group with other toons that need PL'n though). Have the toon being pl'd pull the mob. its best to use something that doesnt generate much aggro so he can be pulled off quick. Once the spell lands on mob the agrro'r pulls the mob off and tanks it while you whack at it from behind. The fight itself will take some trial and error for the agrro'r to figure out what to cast to keep aggro and not do alot of damage. I have found that auto attack on the aggro'r helps in keeping aggro with minimal damage.

Here are the spots I use.
1-10 you shouldnt need any pl for these lvls

10-20 you really shouldnt need much help. But just find some 3ups or 2up in ant or commons.

20-26 I use the serpent sewers(most of my guys are evil) theres 3 up frogs down there that give excellent xp.

26-30 Gnolls in ts or you can use giants if somebody is killing the gnolls

30-33 head to el and go left from the docks past the fence. There are alot of 3up racoon looking mobs

33-36 Still in el head straight past runneye till you get to the beach. Theres 3 up spiders and sometimes a named

36-42 head over to rivervale and go after the tainted madiens.

Now these lvls are just a basic guide. some you can hit earlier or stay longer. from 42 you can actually do some in everfrost and perma around 45. It all really depends on whos tanking it for you.
Also be prepared to die, it happens alot. But the xp your gaining will wipe debt so fast you wont even notice it.
the highest I have went is 46. You can probably push it a little more because my tank was 60 at the time.

This method can also be used for killing named mobs, but just like the xp if the aggro'r does to much damage the chest wont drop.

Enjoy

Power Levels 2box or friend

Users who are viewing this thread

Back